YAFFT: Trade Advice

Soccer55

Golden Member
Jul 9, 2000
An owner in my league is looking to shop Marshall Faulk and I'd like to get my hands on him if possible. The guy that has Faulk is deep in RB, but rather weak in WR and QB. It's a 12 team league, so the waiver wire is picked pretty thin as well. I was thinking about offering either Jabar Gaffney or James Thrash AND either Brett Favre or Steve McNair for Faulk and Matt Hasselbeck. Would any of the 4 possibilities be a good offer? Note: In my league, there are no negative points, 1 pt/reception, and bonuses (5 pts for 50+ yd reception/run, 300+ yd passing game, etc). Thanks in advance.

-Tom

Garet Jax

Diamond Member
Feb 21, 2000
Originally posted by: Soccer55
Anyone?

-Tom

I'm in a league where we get 1 point for each reception as well. Marshall Faulk was one of the top running backs because of this (Tomlinson, Portis and Holmes were ahead of him). He usually gets so many touches from runs and passes that he should get a huge number of points.

In your trade neither James Thrash, Jabal Gaffney, Brett Favre nor Steve McNair are in the top 5 in their respective categories. Steve McNair and Brett Favre are close, but they only get points for passing yards and touchdowns. 1 point per reception is huge.

I would be looking to get Hines Ward or Eric Moulds for Marshall Faulk from what you mentioned about your league.

Soccer55

Golden Member
Jul 9, 2000
Originally posted by: Garet Jax
Originally posted by: Soccer55
Anyone?

-Tom

I'm in a league where we get 1 point for each reception as well. Marshall Faulk was one of the top running backs because of this (Tomlinson, Portis and Holmes were ahead of him). He usually gets so many touches from runs and passes that he should get a huge number of points.

In your trade neither James Thrash, Jabal Gaffney, Brett Favre nor Steve McNair are in the top 5 in their respective categories. Steve McNair and Brett Favre are close, but they only get points for passing yards and touchdowns. 1 point per reception is huge.

I would be looking to get Hines Ward or Eric Moulds for Marshall Faulk from what you mentioned about your league.

QBs get rushing yds and rushing TDs as well, which would make McNair more attractive.....I do have Harrison, but since I get 1 pt/reception, he's going nowhere anytime soon. I'm not dying to get Faulk, but I could use an upgrade at RB since my 2nd starter is Eddie George (with Shaun Alexander). This was more a shot in the dark than anything else. I figured if anyone thought that either of these would be a decent trade, I'd try it out. Oh well.

-Tom