YAFFT - Playoff winners come rejoice.

se7en

Platinum Member
Oct 23, 2002
Most fantasy leagues have started their playoffs and with only one game left most of the winners are in already. Did you win your first round? Any suprise victories?

In my League I just dropped the guy who had Peyton, Wes Welker, Chad Johnson and NE defense. I mean they didnt perform all that well but I put down more points than anyone this week.

On a funny note the top 3 teams in our league all fell to the underdogs and I was #4.

SpunkyJones

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2004
I had the guy with Brady/Moss. It was a gift from the fantasy Gods to let my #4 seeded team beat the #1 team. Alas, Tony Romo returned the favor and I loss by 4 points.

bignateyk

Lifer
Apr 22, 2002
No. Could you ever guess that this team:

Derek Anderson
Brian Westbrook
Joseph Addai
Terrell Owens
Joey Galloway
Wes Welker
Jason Witten
Seahawks D
Nick Folk

Would only score 57 points?

I mean seriously, what the fuck? My team has been averaging over 120 points per game.

Luckily I am in the championship this week and next, and the guy I am playing has Tom Brady and Randy Moss on his team, so he did terrible too. Right now he has 50 points with Vikings D and his kicker left.

hdeck

Lifer
Sep 26, 2002
just lost in the finals, courtesy of tony romo & the steeler's defense (should have started SD but hind site is 20/20 i suppose).

shocksyde

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2001
Westbrook taking a dive at the 1YD line last night may have screwed me good. All depends on what happens tonight.

If I lose by 6 points or less, I'm hunting Westbrook down.

Oscar1613

Golden Member
Jan 31, 2001
Originally posted by: bignateyk
No. Could you ever guess that this team:

Derek Anderson
Brian Westbrook
Joseph Addai
Terrell Owens
Joey Galloway
Wes Welker
Jason Witten
Seahawks D
Nick Folk

Would only score 57 points?

I mean seriously, what the fuck? My team has been averaging over 120 points per game.

Luckily I am in the championship this week and next, and the guy I am playing has Tom Brady and Randy Moss on his team, so he did terrible too. Right now he has 50 points with Vikings D and his kicker left.

Tony Romo
Joseph Addai
Marion Barber
Kevin Jones
TJ Houshmandzadeh
Chad Johnson
Joey Galloway
Dallas Clark
Giants D
Jeff Wilkins

got me 33 points :(

MotionMan

Lifer
Jan 11, 2006
Upsets galore in my two leagues.

Lots of high-flying teams (12-2, 10-4) got beat.

In one league, I went from 0-5, to 1-6, to getting back THREE injured starter and running off seven wins and squeaking into the playoffs on a tie-breaker, to playing in the Championship Game next week.

Thanks Romo ;)

MotionMan

BRObedoza

Diamond Member
Apr 16, 2004
started Lee Evans over Calvin Johnson, Steve Smith, and Anthony Gonzalez. lost by 2 points. bleh.

BornStar

Diamond Member
Oct 30, 2001
My teams going to lose in the first round unless Adrian Peterson and the Minnesota defense pull off some spectacular miracle tonight on the order of 100 points.

On the other hand, the number one seed in the playoffs who had Brady lost to the guy that was 0-13 up to this weekend and had Todd Heap and Larry Johnson starting.

meltdown75

Lifer
Nov 17, 2004
i can't check the standings from work...

anyone else in teh Yahoo ATOT Fun League? if so check out how i'm doin and post it up :ninja:

Azurik

Platinum Member
Jan 23, 2002
Originally posted by: sleepmachine
started Lee Evans over Calvin Johnson, Steve Smith, and Anthony Gonzalez. lost by 2 points. bleh.

You should have checked the weather beforehand. You would have known there was a blizzard and WR's in that game wouldn't do much!!! Bad dog!

BRObedoza

Diamond Member
Apr 16, 2004
Originally posted by: Azurik
Originally posted by: sleepmachine

You should have checked the weather beforehand. You would have known there was a blizzard and WR's in that game wouldn't do much!!! Bad dog!
I know! i woke after the early games started. :(

i wasn't even considering lee evans before last week. then he had to go and score two td's and fool me into thinking he's a good player.