YAEWBT - Yet another existing while black thread. Modified to all purpose harassment

Page 72 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
anyone want to take a guess as to how bad this is, when the government announcement is "please don't get violent when you see this"?

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
anyone want to take a guess as to how bad this is, when the government announcement is "please don't get violent when you see this"?

Might be quite bad given that charges will be filed. But all five officers involved were black. Kind of dampens the racial aspect of it, though I'm sure some will claim otherwise.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Might be quite bad given that charges will be filed. But all five officers involved were black. Kind of dampens the racial aspect of it, though I'm sure some will claim otherwise.

I must admit I was surprised when I saw that picture..... really forces one to consider that the problem is COPS ultimately.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
That aspect is still there because black citizens are the victims. The problem is not only racism by cops but a toxic culture in the force in general.

In the Rodney King and Eric Garner cases there were black cops on the scene and they did not intervene.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
In the Rodney King and Eric Garner cases there were black cops on the scene and they did not intervene.

I'm sure they were worried they might have ended up victims themselves!

In this case however with all 5 officers being black I concur on the "toxic culture" thing being the primary motivation.

:oops:

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Just saw on the tube that they are all in jail now. Probably for their own protection.

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
https://www.theroot.com/oregon-gas-station-worker-tells-woman-they-don-t-serve-1850037519

Oregon gas station: we don't serve black people here

~According to The Oregonian, Wakefield stopped to fill-up at Jacksons Food Store in Beaverton two years ago. She noticed attendant Nigel Powers, 23, went around to every other driver who pulled up after her and ignored she was even there, her lawsuit says. When confronted, the attendant responded, “I’ll get to you when I feel like it.”

• Wow
Reactions: hal2kilo

Sunburn74

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2009
Not really. I think it's exponentially more likely a cop will be charged in these sorts of killings if they are black instead of white.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
The guy who straight up said he doesn't serve black people got fired, but only because he was on his cell phone too much, but not for being a racist republican lol

Holy fuck we are fucked.

Cory Jackson, the president of Jacksons Food Stores, said in an email that there was a “zero-tolerance” policy against discrimination and pointed to employee trainings meant to “best serve all of our customers with dignity and respect.”

Apparently there is some tolerance, Cory, otherwise this wouldn't have happened.

Not only should the attendant be fired but any management too. Culture is set from the top down

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
The guy who straight up said he doesn't serve black people got fired, but only because he was on his cell phone too much, but not for being a racist republican lol

Holy fuck we are fucked.

Station employer fired that attendant. Question, was the employer being too woke?
He told a gas-station customer, ‘I don’t serve Black people.’ What his Idaho employer did (yahoo.com)

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002

VashHT

Diamond Member
Feb 1, 2007
That's really messed up, charged her with felony assault, cops should totally be fired for that garbage but doubt they will. Even after watching the video and dropping the felony assault charge they're still charging her with disorderly conduct, pretty sure it should be zero charges since she was just defending herself.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
So it is noticeable that this superbowl is the first time to feature two black quarterbacks. African Americans were denegrated as not worthy or smart enough to be QB's and missed out on a lot of opportunities for years due to racism, and this was in the last two decades. But people pointing this out is really pissing off the racists. I saw a couple sports articles on this on FB just mentioning that this is the first time this is happening, or Mahomes inspiration quote about being a role model to children, and the racists came out to post - and they usually start off with - who cares about color these are two talented young men, this is why there is still racism in America!

Conservatives are fucking scary people because they don't exist in reality.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
So it is noticeable that this superbowl is the first time to feature two black quarterbacks. African Americans were denegrated as not worthy or smart enough to be QB's and missed out on a lot of opportunities for years due to racism, and this was in the last two decades. But people pointing this out is really pissing off the racists. I saw a couple sports articles on this on FB just mentioning that this is the first time this is happening, or Mahomes inspiration quote about being a role model to children, and the racists came out to post - and they usually start off with - who cares about color these are two talented young men, this is why there is still racism in America!

Conservatives are fucking scary people because they don't exist in reality.

They are just plain evil

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Last minute menu change

Our district kicked off black history month by banning rap music from a middle school music program.

If I was a parent in that district would start a campaign to ban all religious and country music from all future school events

Sounds about tit for tat

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011
If I was a parent in that district would start a campaign to ban all religious and country music from all future school events

Sounds about tit for tat
It's a cop heavy district.
The pattern they follow is that anything related to blacks is secretly anti cop.
They banned a pride flag after a parent interpreted it as being anti cop due to the inclusions of blacks and minorities.

Im not joking.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
It's a cop heavy district.
The pattern they follow is that anything related to blacks is secretly anti cop.
They banned a pride flag after a parent interpreted it as being anti cop due to the inclusions of blacks and minorities.

Im not joking.

That’s why I’m saying. Right minded parents need to get together and push back.

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000
This is just wrong.

No Reparations for St. Louis Man Wrongfully Imprisoned for Three Decades
Many states offer compensation for people whose criminal convictions are vacated. In Missouri, it’s very limited and Lamar Johnson will not qualify because the case did not hinge on DNA.

“In Missouri, that ability is really just non-existent. So Missouri does not provide compensation for individuals who are wrongfully convicted unless they’re exonerated through a very specific procedure in which that person is requesting DNA testing and that DNA testing leads to evidence that proves their innocence,” explained Tricia Rojo Bushnell with the Midwest Innocence Project.

The Midwest Innocence Project has launched a GoFundMe to help Johnson after he was freed. It has already raised thousands of dollars.

• Wow
Reactions: Fenixgoon and KMFJD