YAEWBT - Yet another existing while black thread. Modified to all purpose harassment

Page 68 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

skyking

Lifer
Nov 21, 2001
From the link above:
"One of her clients – a Black man – had won an employment discrimination lawsuit, but the bank wouldn't cash his settlement check. So Gordon sued the bank, which issued an apology and settled the case confidentially."
That is the lawyer representing her, and a testimony to how commonplace this is.

• Wow
Reactions: DarthKyrie

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
From the link above:
"One of her clients – a Black man – had won an employment discrimination lawsuit, but the bank wouldn't cash his settlement check. So Gordon sued the bank, which issued an apology and settled the case confidentially."
That is the lawyer representing her, and a testimony to how commonplace this is.

That sounds like a headline from an article on The Onion, crazy that it's actually real life though. I suppose it's somewhat good that at least the guy got 2 different settlements for being treated poorly due to his skin color.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
That sounds like a headline from an article on The Onion, crazy that it's actually real life though. I suppose it's somewhat good that at least the guy got 2 different settlements for being treated poorly due to his skin color.

It really does happen all the time. :(

I assume you've seen the story about the black couple who had their home reassessed with some white friends pretending to be the owners after they felt like they were "lowballed"?

Apparently the otherwise identical home + white people = a substantially higher estimated value from several different realtors then with black folks.

Anyone claiming racism isn't 100% real and deeply ingrained in American society is living completely in denial.

Lezunto

Golden Member
Oct 24, 2020
HomerJS,

This was silly of me. Creating a post about water supply issues and forgetting to post the link.

I am hoping these are simply isolated and not part of an emerging and noxious pattern. The arsenic found in a lower Manhattan, New York, housing project's water supply is probably the most dangerous.

ABCNews is reporting that Baltimore is the latest city with a large Black population to experience tap water quality issues

There are more. But no one yet can point to a motive. We know who's behind the problems in Jackson, Miss.

Last edited by a moderator:

13Gigatons

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2005
I’m sure out latest racism apologist will be here to tell us why this blacks person’s check wasn’t cashed that wasn’t racist intent
They took the check because they were crooks. They probably figured they could get away with it because she was old.

Old people are easier targets.

Mar 11, 2004
So they took the check but didn't cash it because they were stealing from her? Does this make sense to anyone?

Considering the bank (actually was it same bank or a different one? not sure which would be better, either way we get blatantly racist behavior) already had to settle for similar behavior, sure seems an odd argument to claim they're doing it to steal from the people whilst they apparently aren't actually cashing the check for themselves (besides that making no sense whatsoever since the check is made out to the specific person, but hey incredibly dumb arguments rarely take into account the most basic aspects that expose them for being absolutely straight up stupid). It takes a special kind of idiocy when the best argument is it isn't racism but rather other bigotry because I guess that's easier for racists to accept because it lets them keep pretending racism isn't real. For anyone dumb enough to make such an argument, I hereby bestow upon them the King Klown Krown.

Last edited:

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
So they took the check but didn't cash it because they were stealing from her? Does this make sense to anyone?

Considering the bank (actually was it same bank or a different one? not sure which would be better, either way we get blatantly racist behavior) already had to settle for similar behavior, sure seems an odd argument to claim they're doing it to steal from the people whilst they apparently aren't actually cashing the check for themselves (besides that making no sense whatsoever since the check is made out to the specific person, but hey incredibly dumb arguments rarely take into account the most basic aspects that expose them for being absolutely straight up stupid). It takes a special kind of idiocy when the best argument is it isn't racism but rather other bigotry because I guess that's easier for racists to accept because it lets them keep pretending racism isn't real. For anyone dumb enough to make such an argument, I hereby bestow upon them the King Klown Krown.
In his mind it is because every accused black person is guilty.

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
It really does happen all the time. :(

I assume you've seen the story about the black couple who had their home reassessed with some white friends pretending to be the owners after they felt like they were "lowballed"?

Apparently the otherwise identical home + white people = a substantially higher estimated value from several different realtors then with black folks.

Anyone claiming racism isn't 100% real and deeply ingrained in American society is living completely in denial.

I've heard many stories about black homeowners trying to sell who get lowballed when getting an appraisal. I cannot wrap my head around that, are racist people so shitty they couldn't even bare the of living in a house whose previous owners were African American? And this would only apply to black homeowners in a predominantly caucasian neighborhood. As idiot racists wouldn't ever consider moving into a "black area" So just being black makes the value of your house lower? That's beyond depressing to think about.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
I've heard many stories about black homeowners trying to sell who get lowballed when getting an appraisal. I cannot wrap my head around that, are racist people so shitty they couldn't even bare the of living in a house whose previous owners were African American? And this would only apply to black homeowners in a predominantly caucasian neighborhood. As idiot racists wouldn't ever consider moving into a "black area" So just being black makes the value of your house lower? That's beyond depressing to think about.
Even if you are famous doesn't stop systemic racism. Listen to what DL says at the end. Explains 13-G-2K LBS

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
I didn't assume the Bank people were white. That "would" be racist.

I assumed they were "bad" people who thought they could steal some money.
Didn't you have a criticism that us spooks need to provide ID when it is demanded? This woman provided all the required identification.

What is your explanation for her treatment?

Lezunto

Golden Member
Oct 24, 2020
Hey, DeSantis, wake up!

There's a huge threat to your anti Woke-ism.

Attachments

• Ruby Bridges.jpeg
    Ruby Bridges.jpeg
    25.5 KB · Views: 6

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
HomerJS,

This was silly of me. Creating a post about water supply issues and forgetting to post the link.

I am hoping these are simply isolated and not part of an emerging and noxious pattern. The arsenic found in a lower Manhattan, New York, housing project's water supply is probably the most dangerous.

ABCNews is reporting that Baltimore is the latest city with a large Black population to experience tap water quality issues

There are more. But no one yet can point to a motive. We know who's behind the problems in Jackson, Miss.

Odd. How can Manhattan segregate their water supply to just a low housing project. Sumpin don't make sense. Did not read the article.

Reactions: Lezunto

Lezunto

Golden Member
Oct 24, 2020
Odd. How can Manhattan segregate their water supply to just a low housing project. Sumpin don't make sense. Did not read the article.

As far as I know, this cannot be done. Water comes from the same pipes every one else makes use of.

At any rate, the reported arsenic in the housing project's water supply is supposed to be gone. This particular incident in lower Manhattan's East Side affected all who lived in that housing development, Blacks, Latinos, Whites, Asians, Muslims and Jews.

New York City's reservoirs, especially the ones upstate, have always been vulnerable to tampering. Which is why the city and state officials rely on filtration systems to keep their populace safe. The really ironic part is that New York City tap water is regarded as one of the country's cleanest and best tasting.

Lezunto

Golden Member
Oct 24, 2020
Wow, cops around New Orleans can get away with brutalizing anyone Black they feel deserves it.

Here is a video of a Jefferson Parish Sheriff's deputy dragging a 34-year old Black woman who is barely five feet tall and is blind in one eye by her hair. The deputy was videotaped repeatedly throwing the woman to ground in the October 21 incident.

But the actions of the 17-year veteran cop are deemed acceptable. Sheesh.

Viper1j

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2018
IRL Police officers do not share this opinion. :confused:

(and neither does the GOP suck-up NY Post or current NYC, NY State or NJ law)

DOES THAT TOY GUN LOOK REAL? IF IT DOES, IT'S NOW ILLEGAL IN NEW JERSEY (Bob Menendez ~ 1/20 )

Newly-signed NY law says toy weapons must be white, bright colors, or ‘translucent (NY Post ~ 8/22)

It's amazing to me that people actually need to be told this stuff.... getting your child a "realistic" toy gun is a great way to potentially remove them from the gene-pool and not much else.

"And now they want to ban toy guns, AND KEEP THE F@CKING REAL ONES!" -- George Carlen.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
White people harass a black woman for coming to a "white place"

Georgia bar faces backlash after Black woman was harassed for visiting "a white place" (msn.com)
At the time of the Pew Research Center's study, most Americans said it has become more common for people to express racist or racially insensitive views since former President Donald Trump was elected president.
The video opened as a white man sitting at the bar began yelling at @mauryssa to leave the establishment.
She fired back, telling him that she was going to finish her food before leaving.
In another clip, she alleged an employee threw a box at her.
"I asked her to turn it down, and she got snappy with me and she just threw a whole box at me," @mauryssa said, showing a woman behind the bar.
The woman turned around and began to argue with @mauryssa, denying that she threw the box at her.
"What're you doing in a white place like this?" another patron asked @mauryssa.
The TikTok user replied and said she came to the bar to play pool.
"This is the only place with a pool table in the vicinity," she said. "So, that's what I'm doing in a 'white place.'"
He began to respond, but @mauryssa told him she could spend her money how she'd like.
Laughing could be heard off-camera before the same patron said, "I'm racist, I don't care."

The quote "I'm racist, I don't care" is similar to something said by a member of this forum. These incidents are not one-offs and have gotten worse since Trump came on the scene. He has made it cool to be openly racist in their eyes.

Last edited:

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
"And now they want to ban toy guns, AND KEEP THE F@CKING REAL ONES!" -- George Carlin.

Accurate however not relevant in any way to the fact that realistic toy guns DO result in kids getting shot. (MY only point)

Mar 11, 2004
Last edited:

Lezunto

Golden Member
Oct 24, 2020
Of course authorities and many investigators dismissed the allegations. Because the alleged victims were not worth much in the eyes of most.

It's par for the course.

These are the types of cops whose salaries, benefits and qualified immunity needs to erased:

Last edited by a moderator: