YAEWBT - Yet another existing while black thread. Modified to all purpose harassment

Page 67 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Lezunto

Golden Member
Oct 24, 2020
Your right I don't give a sh*t, I want police to simply follow procedure. I want them to be trained well. I'm also am sick to death of every one thinking they should get special treatment. My friends all have that attitude.

Black People in this country have never wanted extra rights. We've always asked to be treated equally. And enjoy the same rights Whites have relished since the creation of the Republic.

You see, if police treated everyone equally, they would have opened fire on those insurrectionists at the Capitol on Jan. 6th.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

Lezunto

Golden Member
Oct 24, 2020
One of the reasons I did not post this story is because of supposed arrest warrants issued against the victim. But it is clear that the young man was unarmed and what is worse, only had second or two to comply.

Police can always lie to obtain arrest warrants as one cop did in the Breonna Taylor case. This does not mean everyone accused in these cases is innocent. But I think it takes more than second or two to determine if you should end somebody's life.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
FBI to Trump: You took classified documents give them back
Trump: Here they are
FBI: We think there are more. We need to search
Trump: No
FBI issues subpoena. Trump swears you now have all the documents
FBI realizes they’ve been lied to. Get. Search warrant
Trump: You violated my rights

Pastor watering lawn
Police: We got a call suspicious black man watering flowers. We need to see your ID
Pastor: No. I’m exercising my Constitutional rights
Police: You are under arrest

I guess laws and procedures are only for some people

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
Black People in this country have never wanted extra rights. We've always asked to be treated equally. And enjoy the same rights Whites have relished since the creation of the Republic.

You see, if police treated everyone equally, they would have opened fire on those insurrectionists at the Capitol on Jan. 6th.

Sadly, I've worked with some white people who in their eyes black people who want simply equal treatment is them wanting special treatment. The way the cops treat black people is utterly disgraceful. But some white people will actually bring up crime statistics to justify the cops being the way they are to black people. And these people I worked with, weren't at shit menial jobs where you'd expect to be working with MAGA idiots. There are lots of shitty racist types even in IT jobs. As great as this country is, we still have a long way to go, just for equal rights. Which is insane and breaks my heart.

And this thread is proof that a ton of white people will never side with a person of color, they're really saying this black man should have had his ID on when he was outside WATERING flowers. Unless I'm actually driving a car, I don't ever have my ID on me, for what? I guess for an African American that's a no go.

Lezunto

Golden Member
Oct 24, 2020
I don't take a chance. I always have my driver's license on me, even when I throw trash in the dumpster.

You never know when some aggrieved or confused individual will scream in terror or accuse of you of being a bogeyman and call the police. At my age, I'm used to being aware of how many people feel.

I guess some or not.

It is always better to smile and be good natured, which is what I am anyway. All it takes is for one knucklehead to shoot you and put you on a slab at the morgue.

13Gigatons

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2005
I notice you never called for police to shoot the insurrectionists on Jan 6.

Why haven't you called for the arrest for Donald Trump since you are so into following procedure?

Because they aren't black. At least you admit it. Hard to tell if you are 2 faced or just racist. My vote is both

Jan 6 was really sad & pathetic, DC should have 1000's of police or guards protecting the capital and they should have some independence from Politicians.

The Goofballs that showed up were beyond silly.

Trump is a crook...I mean there is so much smoke you can't reach any other conclusion. People hated Nixon but at least he was intelligent.

I'm shocked they waited 17 months to raid Mar-a-Lago.....some of the most important Intel being stored at a Golf resort.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Sadly, I've worked with some white people who in their eyes black people who want simply equal treatment is them wanting special treatment. The way the cops treat black people is utterly disgraceful. But some white people will actually bring up crime statistics to justify the cops being the way they are to black people. And these people I worked with, weren't at shit menial jobs where you'd expect to be working with MAGA idiots. There are lots of shitty racist types even in IT jobs. As great as this country is, we still have a long way to go, just for equal rights. Which is insane and breaks my heart.

And this thread is proof that a ton of white people will never side with a person of color, they're really saying this black man should have had his ID on when he was outside WATERING flowers. Unless I'm actually driving a car, I don't ever have my ID on me, for what? I guess for an African American that's a no go.
I got hassled enough by cops when I was younger that I usually have my ID on me as well (turns out they're not crazy about hippies either). I admit, I don't typically have it when I'm doing yard work though.

Reactions: Captante

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
When you get pulled over they ask for your License and no one questions that so the law needs to be clarified for other occasions.

Surely that's because you _need_ a licence to be allowed to drive. You don't need a licence for watering garden plants.

Lezunto

Golden Member
Oct 24, 2020
Now that many students have returned to campuses, bomb threats against predominately Black universities and colleges are happening again.

Howard University received two in one week. Students are uneasy as some might understand. No arrests were ever made in the last spate of bomb threats. Racial epithets were used by some callers.

What concerns me is that someone might start shooting at students as they evacuate school buildings.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Considering how stupid the courts are today he will win $40,000,000,000
He deserves some compensation for not recognizing his constitutional rights.

IMO - $500,000 because he didn't seem to be injured with a public apology and updated police procedures

13Gigatons

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2005
He deserves some compensation for not recognizing his constitutional rights.

IMO - $500,000 because he didn't seem to be injured with a public apology and updated police procedures

The opposite you mean. He should apologize for wasting Police time and being a drama queen.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
The opposite you mean. He should apologize for wasting Police time and being a drama queen.
Only in your mind a black man exercising his Constitutional rights is "wasting police time"

I surmised you thought those rights aren't for people like me. I was right

The person that wasted the police time is the one who made the call