YAEWBT - Yet another existing while black thread. Modified to all purpose harassment

Page 66 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Do you realize how hard it is to read your posts with all the needless bold and capslock spam?

IDGAF? ;) (nothing personal)

aWxtlff.jpeg

Verily! :D

OTOH if you were to say.... ASK ME NICELY to refrain I might actually do so instead of DOING it MORE JUST to BE a dork!!!

I thought we already covered this? :p (be glad I don't post in Wingdings!)

Last edited:

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Ummm, no? I mean my neighbors know me, if they see someone who isn't me watering my grass, that would be maybe the worst way they could attempt to peek inside my house without arousing suspicion. Can't think of anything much more suspicious than a random person watering a lawn that's not theirs,

And if I put on a "Chemlawn" uniform first what then?

Point is that kind of thing happens all the time..... criminals are not exactly known for being highly intelligent and even thinking of the "fake uniform" is too much for many of them.

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
And if I put on a "Chemlawn" uniform first what then?

Point is that kind of thing happens all the time..... criminals are not exactly known for being highly intelligent and even thinking of the "fake uniform" is too much for many of them.

I'm going to be 48 years old in 2 days. I'm not saying you're incorrect here, but in 48 years I've never heard a news story about criminals pretending to be gardners so they could case a home. If it has happened, it's about as rare as a Ginger who can be in the sun all day and not get burnt to a crisp. So while it's surely possible, with that said anything's possible.

• Love
Reactions: DarthKyrie

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
I'm going to be 48 years old in 2 days. I'm not saying you're incorrect here, but in 48 years I've never heard a news story about criminals pretending to be gardners so they could case a home. If it has happened, it's about as rare as a Ginger who can be in the sun all day and not get burnt to a crisp. So while it's surely possible, with that said anything's possible.

Prepare yourself to learn something new! :p

Police warn residents about thieves pretending to be gardeners after spate of burglaries near Gap Road, Wimbledon

California burglars pretending to be landscape gardeners are targeting Asian-American homes, police say

Common Burglary Tactics (and How to Stop Them!)

It DID take me nearly 10 whole seconds of intensive research pouring through the top 5 search results to find the above. (plenty more where that came from too so NOT actually "rare" at all lol)

;)

EDIT: And HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!!! :)
*(in advance)

Last edited:

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008

Ah, but on the other side, there are the...

Gardening detectives!

A cozy mystery series set in beautiful British and European gardens, Rosemary & Thyme features two women brought together by a sudden death who discover their shared love of the soil. Being gardeners means that they overhear secrets and dig up clues which lead them to handle floral problems, solve crimes and capture criminals.

(I never watched it - sounded dire, to me - not sure you could get more twee and middle-England).

• Haha
Reactions: Captante

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
Ah, but on the other side, there are the...

Gardening detectives!

(I never watched it - sounded dire, to me - not sure you could get more twee and middle-England).

I can admit when I'm wrong, so I stand corrected!

Humm maybe Gardening Detectives could be the next Law & Order spin-off series. If it happens, I really hope they bring Ice T over to it, I love him on SVU. He would legit be roughing up all the criminals posing as gardeners. How did I not know this was a thing? I'll never water my lawn again without my ID on me. I learned a lot today that's for sure.

A whole lot...

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Black folks being harassed/bullied and overall discriminated against by racist cops is completely real and happens every single day in 'murica.

This is a disgrace.... every white American should be embarrassed and ashamed. (I know I am!)

HOWEVER this does not automatically mean every interaction between cops and black people is a "racist-incident" just because it suits someones "agenda" to say so.

Mar 11, 2004
Do you realize how hard it is to read your posts with all the needless bold and capslock spam?

That's not what makes his posts hard to read. Mine is that my brain immediately sees what a pathetic clown he is "guys its not racist if the cops totally harass a black person for no good reason" whilst he goes "for the record cops harassing black people for no good reason is bad and everyone should be against I know I am" literally while he defends cops doing exactly that. His brain is straight up broken if he can't see how fucking moronic and ridiculous he is.

Literally his argument is that cops are just moronic busybody dickheads too bored and stupid that they're harassing this guy for ID and that the black guy was being an asshole and causing drama for not just showing his ID. That's his BEST argument.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
That's not what makes his posts hard to read.

You can go hang out on my "ignore" list with your annoying little partner Moon-pile at this point..... I'm done wasting precious seconds of my life on your silly rants.

Be advised that the below applies to all further posts from your sorry a$$:

IDGAF. ;)

Last edited:

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Black folks being harassed/bullied and overall discriminated against by racist cops is completely real and happens every single day in 'murica.

This is a disgrace.... every white American should be embarrassed and ashamed. (I know I am!)

HOWEVER this does not automatically mean every interaction between cops and black people is a "racist-incident" just because it suits someones "agenda" to say so.

If the cop up front had just asked the Pastor for their phone number so the owner could be called all this could have been avoided

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
If the cop up front had just asked the Pastor for their phone number so the owner could be called all this could have been avoided

Absolutely! :)

A lot of small things might have changed what happened in a positive way.... OR those cops might have been keeping their racist thoughts to themselves because of the recording and just had a hard-on for the guy.

We simply don't know for sure either way.

I do understand WHY the Pastor didn't want to give those cops his ID when he knew he was there legitimately.

HOWEVER being "right" and in jail after getting arrested is still a loss so I don't think it was a very smart move. Also remember these are cops... this VERY easily could have resulted in one very dead pastor.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
That's not what makes his posts hard to read. Mine is that my brain immediately sees what a pathetic clown he is "guys its not racist if the cops totally harass a black person for no good reason" whilst he goes "for the record cops harassing black people for no good reason is bad and everyone should be against I know I am" literally while he defends cops doing exactly that. His brain is straight up broken if he can't see how fucking moronic and ridiculous he is.

Literally his argument is that cops are just moronic busybody dickheads too bored and stupid that they're harassing this guy for ID and that the black guy was being an asshole and causing drama for not just showing his ID. That's his BEST argument.
What I think I see and would like your opinion on is that the reason that Captante seems to be brain dead to some is that he isn't seeing the harassment of a person who is black being harassed for being black but for other reasons, like not identifying himself. He doesn't see, for example that non identification, which the preacher actually did tentatively supply right off the bat, may have been especially intolerable coming from a black person and caused deafness in those white officers because of it. When you see Alabama, white officers, black man resisting authority, I just can't imagine why anybody would suspect racism, but none the less I would not presume personally, I know what was in their hearts. But, would you agree the issue got started because the officers did not know the law, that a person does not have to identify himself on private property. Legally, it seems to me, the police have nobody to blame but themselves, racists or not. I would bet also that someone who waters a neighbor's lawn and is a black preacher, in hindsight would change some of his original reactions if he could. Just a guess.

13Gigatons

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2005
No Homer that isn't how it works. A voice on the phone proves nothing. The trespasser has to be IDed....then maybe the home owner would be contacted later as a follow up to the case.

You can be required to identify yourself only if the police reasonably suspect that you are in the process of committing a crime or committed a crime and:

• You are in a public place;
  • The police think you are part of a crime; and
  • The police tell you that they are police.
The police can suspect you of any crime. The crime can be a past, present, or future offense.

Once the police identify themselves, they can stop and question any person in a public place that they suspect is involved in a crime (past or present). If you are not under arrest, all questioning should occur in the general area where you were stopped and should be for a reasonable amount of time.

The police can ask for the following:

• Your name;
  • Your address; and
  • A reason for your actions.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
No Homer that isn't how it works. A voice on the phone proves nothing. The trespasser has to be IDed....then maybe the home owner would be contacted later as a follow up to the case.
Funny how your sense of following the rules is selective. I could use some of your posts to highlight but I digress.

Trespassing is just an allegation since we don't know if the owner was cool with the Pastor watering his flowers and likely they were.

Here's how it could have gone down.

Police: Do you have the owners' numbers so we can verify they know you and they are ok with you watering the flowers
Pastor: Here's the number in my phone
Police call: Explain situation. "What is your name?" Since owner is not home they likely have their car. "Can I have you license number so we can verify?" Once verified ask owner, "are you fine with the Pastor watering your flowers?"

Problem solved. The police could have waited until the Pastor was finished watering and then everyone leaves.

If the homeowner couldn't be verified or didn't give permission for the Pastor to water the flowers, then detention is warranted if he refuses to leave.

This turned into a thing because the police didn't respect a black man exercising his Constitutional rights. We have so many examples today white people ignoring subpoenas, refusing court orders, refusing lawful searches by law enforcement. One black man asserts his rights and gets arrested for it.

Lezunto

Golden Member
Oct 24, 2020
Suppose the Pastor happened to have his I.D. on him and showed this to the officer. The cop would then know his name and possibly his address.

But that does not mean the cop would have accepted his presence at that house.

Check out these cases:

Black father and son viewing a home with real estate agent, encounter cops:

Black gourmet lemonade shop owner gets police visit

The bottom line is that a Black person, especially a man, will likely have cops called on them just for owning a late model car, living in a nice neighborhood or owning a business.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Suppose the Pastor happened to have his I.D. on him and showed this to the officer. The cop would then know his name and possibly his address.

But that does not mean the cop would have accepted his presence at that house.

Check out these cases:

Black father and son viewing a home with real estate agent, encounter cops:

Black gourmet lemonade shop owner gets police visit

The bottom line is that a Black person, especially a man, will likely have cops called on them just for owning a late model car, living in a nice neighborhood or owning a business.
Exactly.

Too many times when the police show up the black person is assumed guilty of a crime

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Exactly.

Too many times when the police show up the black person is assumed guilty of a crime

Now this post I can't debate in any way. :confused:

And while a phone-call alone MAY not stand up as evidence in a court of law, in this case "officers discretion" would have most likely been sufficient to make the decision.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lezunto

13Gigatons

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2005
Funny how your sense of following the rules is selective. I could use some of your posts to highlight but I digress.

Trespassing is just an allegation since we don't know if the owner was cool with the Pastor watering his flowers and likely they were.

Here's how it could have gone down.

Police: Do you have the owners' numbers so we can verify they know you and they are ok with you watering the flowers
Pastor: Here's the number in my phone
Police call: Explain situation. "What is your name?" Since owner is not home they likely have their car. "Can I have you license number so we can verify?" Once verified ask owner, "are you fine with the Pastor watering your flowers?"

Problem solved. The police could have waited until the Pastor was finished watering and then everyone leaves.

If the homeowner couldn't be verified or didn't give permission for the Pastor to water the flowers, then detention is warranted if he refuses to leave.

This turned into a thing because the police didn't respect a black man exercising his Constitutional rights. We have so many examples today white people ignoring subpoenas, refusing court orders, refusing lawful searches by law enforcement. One black man asserts his rights and gets arrested for it.
Geez HomerJS you keep thinking Police have to do things your way. All Police go through training and are taught procedure. Watching the video it looks like they followed the same procedure as other locations, they didn't break any laws, they were called to a scene.

When you get pulled over they ask for your License and no one questions that so the law needs to be clarified for other occasions.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Geez HomerJS you keep thinking Police have to do things your way. All Police go through training and are taught procedure. Watching the video it looks like they followed the same procedure as other locations, they didn't break any laws, they were called to a scene.

When you get pulled over they ask for your License and no one questions that so the law needs to be clarified for other occasions.
As you see by law enforcement handling of Trump they are allowed discretion. Their abuse of black people in the past has created this climate. This is a situation where discretion would have rendered a pleasant outcome. Goodwill would have been fostered with this Pastor and the black community at large. Not that you give a shit.

I know you want the police to treat black people as if they are guilty. You are telling us "just comply and everything will be fine". I can rattle off 10 instances where "just complying" has gotten us shot and or killed"

The nerve of this black man exercising his Constitution rights. The very thing white people take for granted.

Lezunto

Golden Member
Oct 24, 2020
Police need to employ COMMON SENSE! More than half of all White cops will never give a Black man the benefit of the doubt.

I love how cop defenders explain away every police action even when they know it is grossly wrong, such as shooting a boy playing with a toy gun mere seconds after rolling up on him.

Why are so many like this? They enjoy the power.

13Gigatons

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2005
As you see by law enforcement handling of Trump they are allowed discretion. Their abuse of black people in the past has created this climate. This is a situation where discretion would have rendered a pleasant outcome. Goodwill would have been fostered with this Pastor and the black community at large. Not that you give a shit.
Your right I don't give a sh*t, I want police to simply follow procedure. I want them to be trained well. I'm also am sick to death of every one thinking they should get special treatment. My friends all have that attitude.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Your right I don't give a sh*t, I want police to simply follow procedure. I want them to be trained well. I'm also am sick to death of every one thinking they should get special treatment. My friends all have that attitude.
I notice you never called for police to shoot the insurrectionists on Jan 6.

Why haven't you called for the arrest for Donald Trump since you are so into following procedure?

Because they aren't black. At least you admit it. Hard to tell if you are 2 faced or just racist. My vote is both

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002

I know you want the police to treat black people as if they are guilty. You are telling us "just comply and everything will be fine". I can rattle off 10 instances where "just complying" has gotten us shot and or killed"

The nerve of this black man exercising his Constitution rights. The very thing white people take for granted.

MAYBE they would be treating Trump differently right now if he hadn't had top-secret documents but instead had been watering his lawn. Apparently one's a jailable offense.