YAEWBT - Yet another existing while black thread. Modified to all purpose harassment

Page 65 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Maxima1

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2013
We already have studies that show a white felon has an equal chance at getting a job as a black man with a clean record so I wouldn’t be surprised.
IQ gap.

We won’t get more jail time for the same crime as whites
https://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.1070.8083&rep=rep1&type=pdf
“Analysis of these data revealed that African American males are significantly more likely
to be arrested and incarcerated when compared to White males. This racial disparity, however, was completely accounted for after including covariates for self-reported lifetime violence and IQ. Implications of this study are discussed and avenues for future research are offered”

https://scholar.harvard.edu/files/f..._declining_significance_of_discrimination.pdf
“Adjusting for age, black males are about three and a half times and Hispanics are about two
and a half times more likely to have ever been incarcerated when surveyed.9 Controlling for
AFQT, this is reduced to about eighty percent more likely for blacks”

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6218173/
“For the disparity in incarceration, 3.54 (1.17), equalizing childhood SES would remove just over two-fifths (45%) of the disparity, equalizing both childhood SES and test scores would reduce four-fifths (81%) of the disparity, and equalizing test scores alone would remove two-thirds of the disparity (65%).”

You’re viewpoint is only skin deep, so to speak.
https://www.adl.org/resources/hate-symbol/1352-1390

INSANELY SHE SAID THE QUIET THING VERY LOUDLY - YouTube
images

What white people can do around police compared to black people is worlds apart. RCA will lead you to systemic racism, which makes many people uncomfortable for various reasons

What women can do around police compared to men is worlds apart.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
They can't leave until they see his ID and make sure he is not an actual crook. They are trained and have to follow procedure.

BTW - If the pastor had not stood up for his constitutional rights, showed the cop his ID and it confirmed who he was how does that absolve him from being a crook?

Unless in the criminal world casing a house involves watering the owners flowers first

Reactions: DarthKyrie

13Gigatons

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2005
BTW - If the pastor had not stood up for his constitutional rights, showed the cop his ID and it confirmed who he was how does that absolve him from being a crook?

Unless in the criminal world casing a house involves watering the owners flowers first
You proved the point. A person wanted will never ID themselves....at least if he's smart enough. Watering the plants would be a GREAT way to look legit.

Reactions: Captante

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
America: One nation, under surveillance, with waterboards and wiretaps for all. In the land of the fee, and the home of the slave..

Reminds me of this bit in an old James Thurber essay about his fascination with French-authored pulp Cowboy novels

1661779759409.png

Mar 11, 2004
and here i thought -' papers please' was a soviet/nazi trope , not something usually associated with the 'home of the free'

And yet Captante thinks that's a perfectly acceptable way that society should function. I do like that he thinks posting the laughing reaction to my posts does anything but reinforce what an absolute clown he is on this issue.

And what happens when the cop calls into question the validity of his papers? I've had non-white friends that were asked to show 3 forms of government ID to get into a bar only to have the doorman basically say he couldn't trust any of the IDs. It was very clear what was going on from the get go, but they jumped through the hoops.

And that's why the voter ID shit and similar is just a sham, because those people will then go "yes, but that doesn't prove anything!" just like they did with Obama's birth certificate, etc.

• Love

skyking

Lifer
Nov 21, 2001
+ 10000 on voter ID and the parallel there.
I've shown my ID only when speeding and getting a ticket or a warning.
Improper flower watering? papers please.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
And yet Captante thinks that's a perfectly acceptable way that society should function.

You really are a genius.... I laugh at you because you are a joke. ;)

How about you quote the post where I advocate for this sort of thing you rocket-scientist you? I'll wait... and my guess is it will be a LONG one.... next time READ the thread you'll MAYBE look a little less dumb.

If you want to make this about personal attacks we CAN go that route. I realize that's about all you've got so I'll work with you.

OR you COULD try admitting that you jumped to a conclusion (as usual) and apologize but I'm certainly not holding my breath. It's no wonder you get so little respect around here. That's all you rate.

Last edited:

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003

ACTUALLY if you want to be get picky that DOES sound like a pretty damn good excuse to walk around a person's home peeking in the windows without arousing suspicion.

;)

*(obviously in this case the poor Pastor was NOT doing this.... this post is 100% "trolling for id10t's" who post without even bothering to read the thread)

Last edited:
Reactions: 13Gigatons

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Actually you missed the question. How does violating his constitutional rights prove he isn't a crook?

Since we're being "harsh/direct" here..... you want the cops upon finding an apparent stranger outside YOUR house after one of your neighbors called the cops to report a trespasser to NOT even ask for ID?!?

DOUBLE-fvck that.... not only do I want the cops asking for ID in that case I want them verifying it and if the accused trespasser refuses to provide it no matter what the reason I WANT THEM BUSTED (no matter what color they are!) and removed.

Newsflash: This is NOT the same as cops harassing people who are just walking down the street minding their own business.

And you wonder why I laugh at you sad clowns? :p WTF is wrong with you?

I'm not wasting another instant of my time trying to counter that brand of "logic" ROTFL..... I'd hate to have any of you folks as neighbors that's all I can say. (if you honestly believe it!)

Feel free to go nuts calling me names and spouting angry nonsense.... laughter is all that rates and the only reply you'll see from me from now on.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13Gigatons

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Since we're being "harsh/direct" here..... you want the cops upon finding an apparent stranger outside YOUR house after one of your neighbors called the cops to report a trespasser to NOT even ask for ID?!?

DOUBLE-fvck that.... not only do I want the cops asking for ID in that case I want them verifying it and if the accused trespasser refuses to provide it no matter what the reason I WANT THEM BUSTED. (no matter what color they are!)

Newsflash: This is NOT the same as cops harassing people who are just walking down the street minding their own business.

I'm not wasting another instant of my time trying to counter that brand of "logic" ROTFL..... I'd hate to have any of you folks as neighbors that's all I can say.

Feel free to go nuts calling me names and spouting angry nonsense.... laughter is all that rates and the only reply you'll see from me from now on.
At this pointing I'm just going to say you are clueless because you have no idea what it's like to have police being called just because you exist. The constant "boy, you have no right to be here" gives people like me a perspective you will never understand.

I'd be willing to bet if handled with respect police would have gotten the information they requested. Years of treating black people like shit have taken a toll.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002

DOUBLE-fvck that.... not only do I want the cops asking for ID in that case I want them verifying it and if the accused trespasser refuses to provide it no matter what the reason I WANT THEM BUSTED. (no matter what color they are!)

I'm not wasting another instant of my time trying to counter that brand of "logic" ROTFL..... I'd hate to have any of you folks as neighbors that's all I can say.

At this pointing I'm just going to say you are clueless because you have no idea what it's like to have police being called just because you exist. The constant "boy, you have no right to be here" gives people like me a perspective you will never understand.

I'd be willing to bet if handled with more respect police would have gotten the information the requested. Years of treating black people like shit have taken a toll.

Example: Cops could have stayed there until he finished watering the flowers. Once the pastor left incident over. A woman showed up and corroborated his story. Years of harassment explain his attitude.

Did the cops ask the pastor do you have the owners phone number? They could have called.

There were other options. And WTF were they asking for his social security number? This was an ego detention plain and simple.

Last edited:

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
At this pointing I'm just going to say you are clueless because you have no idea what it's like to have police being called just because you exist.

You are correct.... I've stated this fact to illustrate that racism by cops is 100% reality *in this very thread*.

*(this is where my respect for my fellow posters really takes a hit)

I'd be willing to bet if handled with more respect

Sorry but I have to ask.... did you actually WATCH the video of the ACTUAL event in question here?

I know nothing of the pastors personal relationship with these particular cops but based on what I saw when I watched it they showed no disrespect at all. (beyond the "disrespect" of asking an accused trespasser to identify themselves which is hardly out of line)

Because that's ALL I'm discussing NOT the broader issue of racism.

Last edited:

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
You are correct.... in fact I've stated this fact to illustrate that racism by cops is 100% reality *in this very thread*.

*(this is where my respect for my fellow posters really takes a hit)

Sorry but I have to ask.... did you actually WATCH the video of the ACTUAL event in question here?

I know nothing of the pastors personal relationship with these particular cops but based on what I saw when I watched it they showed no disrespect at all. (beyond the "disrespect" of asking an accused trespasser to identify themselves which is hardly out of line)

Because that's ALL I'm discussing NOT the broader issue of racism.
I gave you options that focused on professionalism

Wait there until he finished watering
Request a phone number of the owner.
Take account of the woman's corroboration of his story.

They did none of these. They claimed to the people towards the end they were going to call the owner but NEVER said that to Pastor Jennings.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
There were other options. And WTF were they asking for his social security number?

Sorry but didn't that happen AFTER he refused to provide his ID while being investigated for trespassing?

;)

A SS number is regularly used as an "alternative" ID IRL.... I stand by my initial conclusion.... EVERYONE in this situation is an "a$$hole".

Last edited:

JD50

Lifer
Sep 4, 2005

DOUBLE-fvck that.... not only do I want the cops asking for ID in that case I want them verifying it and if the accused trespasser refuses to provide it no matter what the reason I WANT THEM BUSTED (no matter what color they are!) and removed.

I'm not wasting another instant of my time trying to counter that brand of "logic" ROTFL..... I'd hate to have any of you folks as neighbors that's all I can say. (if you honestly believe it!)

Do you realize how hard it is to read your posts with all the needless bold and capslock spam?

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
ACTUALLY if you want to be get picky that DOES sound like a pretty damn good excuse to walk around a person's home peeking in the windows without arousing suspicion.

;)

*(obviously in this case the poor Pastor was NOT doing this.... this post is 100% "trolling for id10t's" who post without even bothering to read the thread)

Ummm, no? I mean my neighbors know me, if they see someone who isn't me watering my grass, that would be maybe the worst way they could attempt to peek inside my house without arousing suspicion. Can't think of anything much more suspicious than a random person watering a lawn that's not theirs,