YAEWBT - Yet another existing while black thread. Modified to all purpose harassment

Page 60 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

13Gigatons

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2005
I mean, its weird that white people wanna go "policing isn't a problem, they're killing more whites than black!" like that's somehow a good argument.

White people accept that there are "bad" people that get shot by the police. They ask for details, did he comply, did he have a gun, was he a crook.

Black people have a unrealistic ideal that no black people will ever get shot by the police....ever...otherwise RACISM.

The number of people being shot by the police is really small compared to the actual violent crime that occurs.

• Wow
Reactions: Lezunto

Paratus

Lifer
Jun 4, 2004
White people accept that there are "bad" people that get shot by the police. They ask for details, did he comply, did he have a gun, was he a crook.

Black people have a unrealistic ideal that no black people will ever get shot by the police....ever...otherwise RACISM.

The number of people being shot by the police is really small compared to the actual violent crime that occurs.
Can you say that again? All I heard was

artworks-nYz4iqMw6rjvfI9W-lfuvYA-t240x240.jpg

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002

Black people have the unrealistic idea that they will be treated like white people and will not be shot unarmed for routine traffic stops. We won’t be killed for legally carrying because some white person calls the police “scary black man with a gun”. We won’t get more jail time for the same crime as whites

I could continue

VashHT

Diamond Member
Feb 1, 2007
Gotta love his implication that not complying with an officer or being a crook is a valid reason for a cop to kill someone. Running from a traffic ticket shouldn't be a death sentence but republicans act like it's the worst thing in the world you could do. They're so brainwashed that criminals are subhuman scum that they think extrajudicial execution by cops is warranted.

13Gigatons

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2005
Black people have the unrealistic idea that they will be treated like white people and will not be shot unarmed for routine traffic stops. We won’t be killed for legally carrying because some white person calls the police “scary black man with a gun”. We won’t get more jail time for the same crime as whites

I could continue
Yes it sucks being black in America and every other country as well. Maybe help yourself out by being super nice to the Police Officer, don't run, don't cop attitude.

• Haha
Reactions: Pohemi and hal2kilo

13Gigatons

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2005
Gotta love his implication that not complying with an officer or being a crook is a valid reason for a cop to kill someone. Running from a traffic ticket shouldn't be a death sentence but republicans act like it's the worst thing in the world you could do. They're so brainwashed that criminals are subhuman scum that they think extrajudicial execution by cops is warranted.

You make assumption that Police have complete control and can always dictate a perfect outcome. Police are human and will always make mistakes when on patrol.

PS: Criminals are subhuman scum and belong in prison or dead.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Yes it sucks being black in America and every other country as well. Maybe help yourself out by being super nice to the Police Officer, don't run, don't cop attitude.
Didn't help Tamir Rice or John Crawford. Police didn't give them a chance because white people called the cops on them for legally carrying.

And one was a toy gun. But hey, we should be grateful cause Merica. Shut up and no changes necessary

Remember the central park Karen? She was threatening to call the cops on a black man because she knew they would believe her and be aggressive towards the man. That's why I wanted her to spend a few years in jail for threats to his life.

Last edited:

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Your ignorance is getting irritating.
There are thousands of stories where black Americans do nothing wrong and still get killed.
And tons more where white Americans run and cop an attitude and dont even get smacked.
I hate your ignorance. And I'm sure its 100 deliberate, because you cannot cope with reality.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
There are thousands of stories where black Americans do nothing wrong and still get killed.
And tons more where white Americans run and cop an attitude and dont even get smacked.
I hate your ignorance. And I'm sure its 100 deliberate, because you cannot cope with reality.

just stop being black, duh

• Haha
Reactions: Pohemi and hal2kilo

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
You make assumption that Police have complete control and can always dictate a perfect outcome. Police are human and will always make mistakes when on patrol.

Cop or prison guard?

• Haha
Reactions: hal2kilo

VashHT

Diamond Member
Feb 1, 2007

Plenty of cops are no better than criminals, but people like you are always willing to make an excuse for them. Reminds me of something that happened around here, a cop was found dead in the woods and there were claims that 3 ethnic kids (like a mix of Mexican and black teens) from Chicago shot him. All my right wing relatives ate it up and people were calling for blood and calling the cop a hero. Turns out he was embezzling money and offed himself, there were no teens from Chicago but right wingers were ready to swallow that shit.

PS: I have no problem with criminals paying for their crimes, but I don't think they deserve to be killed for something so stupid as getting mouthy with a cop or running away from a traffic stop.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Plenty of cops are no better than criminals, but people like you are always willing to make an excuse for them. Reminds me of something that happened around here, a cop was found dead in the woods and there were claims that 3 ethnic kids (like a mix of Mexican and black teens) from Chicago shot him. All my right wing relatives ate it up and people were calling for blood and calling the cop a hero. Turns out he was embezzling money and offed himself, there were no teens from Chicago but right wingers were ready to swallow that shit.

PS: I have no problem with criminals paying for their crimes, but I don't think they deserve to be killed for something so stupid as getting mouthy with a cop or running away from a traffic stop.
Or just exercising your rights like white people do everyday

Reactions: uclaLabrat
Mar 11, 2004

Yet they constantly commit crimes themselves. I'll see asshole right wingers go "well don't do the crime then" and then turn around and brag about committing multiple crimes. Just same shit, like how they howl about every supposed (often literally made up) transgression of liberals then try to gloat about everything up to and including outright murder by right wingers.

Last edited:

Lezunto

Golden Member
Oct 24, 2020
I bet most people do not understand that in many situations, White cops never give Blacks a chance to comply. They just yank their guns out of holsters and start screaming. Any abrupt movement due to suddenly hearing an angry voice may get one several bullets.

Happens all the time.

Last edited by a moderator:

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
I bet most people do not understand that in many situations, White cops never give Blacks a chance to comply. They just yank their guns out of holsters and start screaming. Any sudden movement due to suddenly hearing an angry voice may get one several bullets.

Happens all the time.

Exactly. A fact @13Gigatons refuses to acknowledge. He says I should just be happy I live in Merica

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
I think this is realted to my "most corrupt administration" thread. Some people say Obama was more corrupt then Nixon. Can't stand dark people in charge.
A North Carolina city hired a Black town manager. Then its entire police force resigned. (yahoo.com)

Now some some cops said they would return if the newly hired black manager is fired.

Citizens of that town have some soul searching to do. My money is not on them making the right decision. By right decision I mean not succumbing to blackmail because a bunch of good ole boys don’t want to work for a black boss

Last edited:

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001

"I'm a small govt conservative who believes that the govt should be able to execute citizens at any time and place and without due process for the slightest perceived lack of compliance."

Criminals have nothing to with this, pal. That's just your excuse for worshipping authority and the police state.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Now some some cops said they would return if the newly hired black manager is fired.

Citizens of that town have some soul searching to do. My money is not on them making the right decision. By right decision I mean not succumbing to blackmail because a bunch of good ole boys don’t want to work for a black boss
What do you want to bet none of those cops can produce any evidence of this "toxic" work culture?
Police strikes and work slowdowns are a threat to public safety. Any police officer who engages in such tactics should be fired and blacklisted from law enforcement.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
The CNN article posted by Viper in another thread, which is a newer article, contains some salient facts not contained in the Yahoo piece.

An entire North Carolina police department resigned after a Black woman town manager was hired - CNN

The previous town manager was a black male, and there were apparently no problems resulting in resignations under that town manager. Perhaps the issue was more to do with sexism than racism? Cops not wanting to take orders from women?

Also, it gives particulars as to the grievances of the officers. They evidently were understaffed, having 5 officers when they used to have 8. And this new town manager was assigning them all sorts of administrative tasks that they claim they did not have time to do. Also, they allege she was constantly "writing them up" for minor infractions like not being at their desks.

If true, these sound like problems, but not necessarily the sort to cause a mass resignation after such a short time, and without trying to work them out. So maybe there's some racism and/or sexism involved here. I just think it's better to have a more complete set of facts before leaping to conclusions.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
The CNN article posted by Viper in another thread, which is a newer article, contains some salient facts not contained in the Yahoo piece.

An entire North Carolina police department resigned after a Black woman town manager was hired - CNN

The previous town manager was a black male, and there were apparently no problems resulting in resignations under that town manager. Perhaps the issue was more to do with sexism than racism? Cops not wanting to take orders from women?

Also, it gives particulars as to the grievances of the officers. They evidently were understaffed, having 5 officers when they used to have 8. And this new town manager was assigning them all sorts of administrative tasks that they claim they did not have time to do. Also, they allege she was constantly "writing them up" for minor infractions like not being at their desks.

If true, these sound like problems, but not necessarily the sort to cause a mass resignation after such a short time, and without trying to work them out. So maybe there's some racism and/or sexism involved here. I just think it's better to have a more complete set of facts before leaping to conclusions.
The people resigning had chances to list their "reasons". They chose not to. If it's sexism just as bad.

Lezunto

Golden Member
Oct 24, 2020
Sounds like one or two objected to being micro-managed. Written up for not being at their desks? That's more important than being on patrol and answering police calls?

Sheesh.

Why are they down three police officers? Did this town adopt "Defund the Police?"

They need cops to sit at desks? Make a deal to hire for some Uvalde, Texas, police. They're not doing anything. And they probably never will. They seem terrified of stay cats.

13Gigatons

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2005
Again your purposely creating the Black vs White falsehood. Sometimes people get killed by Police...more white people then Black according to the numbers. The media never covers white people killed by the Police, only black and brown. So the Media helps create the impression that it's only Black and Brown.