YAEWBT - Yet another existing while black thread. Modified to all purpose harassment

Page 41 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011
Latest one to keep an eye on

A middle-aged white man who lives on the block said Tuesday he had placed the 911 call that brought police to the neighborhood. The man, who refused to give his name, said he wanted to make it clear that he made the call because he was woken up by a car engine that the driver kept turning on and off for an extended period.

He said that when police arrived, he directed them to the SUV, where another neighbor came out of her own home and said she knew the driver, apparently the deceased.

“She said he was a friend or a relative,” the man told The Daily Beast. “I said, ‘If he’s a friend, he shouldn’t be out there.’”

According to a review of the “look back” footage from one of the officer’s cameras, the 47-year-old then walked toward the officers with a cell phone in his left hand. His right hand, however, was not visible.

“One officer fired his weapon, striking the 47-year-old man, who later died at 2:25 a.m. at OhioHealth Riverside Methodist Hospital,” police said.

It wasn’t clear what prompted the officer to fire his weapon and police say no weapons were recovered at the scene. Police also admitted the footage showed “a delay in [the] rendering of first-aid to the man.”

• Wow
Reactions: DarthKyrie

Linux23

Lifer
Apr 9, 2000
Serious question.

Where TF can black folk live in peace and without the threat of getting murdered in America?

Anyone? Bueller?

Linux23

Lifer
Apr 9, 2000
I'm so sick and tired of this BS.

Comply with the officer, you get shot.
Don't comply, you get shot faster or a knee to your jugular.

I mean, what kind of animal thinks that putting a knee to somebodies neck for 8 minutes would yield a positive outcome?

Dec 10, 2005
I'm so sick and tired of this BS.

Comply with the officer, you get shot.
Don't comply, you get shot faster or a knee to your jugular.

I mean, what kind of animal thinks that putting a knee to somebodies neck for 8 minutes would yield a positive outcome?
Just look at the overall discourse in this country: asking for even the bare minimum of professional accountability is bridge too far for the big babies in blue.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Just look at the overall discourse in this country: asking for even the bare minimum of professional accountability is bridge too far for the big babies in blue.
Its been described as the worlds largest gang, and when I was young I didnt understand but as time goes on I get it. They are not public servants. They are a corrupt union that mostly just looks out for themselves and collects a paycheck.

Mar 11, 2004
Latest one to keep an eye on

Ugh, Ohio police seem to be especially shitty.

Which, I'm curious why, but Ohio seems to be a center for stories highlighting America's rot, be it policing, opioid epidemic, murders.

Its also interesting how often I see people say how the media punches up stories, but listening to season 3 of Serial and it was almost like they downplayed an absolute shitload of the horrible behavior (they touch on some of it, but if you look into how fucking insane some of the cops there were acting, like one that later claimed he was fearful of his life as the reason why he ran towards a vehicle, jumped on the hood and fired 40 something rounds into the car, total from the like 5 dozen - yes five dozen - police cars that convened after chasing the car, they fired over a hundred shots; and the police basically instigated the entire situation). And the more you look into other stuff it just sounds fucking insane, and I can only imagine how frustrating and fucked up it is to actually live with that type of shit.

• Love

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
The cops were practically created to oppress black people. They've evolved but nowhere near enough and they have virtually no accountability unless the incident goes super viral and even then it's up in the air

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Serious question.

Where TF can black folk live in peace and without the threat of getting murdered in America?

Anyone? Bueller?

Well, you could try and catch a sermon here, see how that plays out (if it opens that its..)

• Wow
Reactions: Fenixgoon

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
And another.
Karen’ assaults, falsely accuses Grammy-winning father’s son of iPhone theft
Woman Falsely Accuses Black 14-Year-Old of Stealing Her Phone, Gets Support From Hotel Manager, and Then It Turns up in an Uber

"According to Harrold, he and his son were heading to get breakfast at the hotel on Saturday when they were accosted in the lobby by Karen, who accused his son of stealing her phone.
A video he posted of the incident shows the woman hysterically demanding that the hotel manager take his son’s iPhone while declaring, “It’s mine.”

"The video cuts off with her running after them and her voice getting progressively louder and more hysterical. In the caption, Harrold explained that she scratched him and tackled his son, adding that this is trauma his son now has to carry.
What’s worse—a few minutes after she went after them, the woman’s phone was returned by an Uber driver"

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011
And another.
Woman Falsely Accuses Black 14-Year-Old of Stealing Her Phone, Gets Support From Hotel Manager, and Then It Turns up in an Uber

"According to Harrold, he and his son were heading to get breakfast at the hotel on Saturday when they were accosted in the lobby by Karen, who accused his son of stealing her phone.
A video he posted of the incident shows the woman hysterically demanding that the hotel manager take his son’s iPhone while declaring, “It’s mine.”

"The video cuts off with her running after them and her voice getting progressively louder and more hysterical. In the caption, Harrold explained that she scratched him and tackled his son, adding that this is trauma his son now has to carry.
What’s worse—a few minutes after she went after them, the woman’s phone was returned by an Uber driver"

She scratched him and tackled his son

In NYC, that's known as 1 count Assault and one count of Aggravated Assault and Battery (since she assaulted a child)
That should have been reported to the police and she should have been arrested.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
And another.

smh, just like a drug addict would, with a large helping of racism.

esquared

Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
In NYC, that's known as 1 count Assault and one count of Aggravated Assault and Battery (since she assaulted a child)
That should have been reported to the police and she should have been arrested.
Give it time. This was posted yesterday and if she did stay at the hotel on Dec 23rd (from another article below), then the cops will have her information
and then she can be charged with assault.

Here's the video.

Reactions: Perknose

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000

kt

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2000
Give it time. This was posted yesterday and if she did stay at the hotel on Dec 23rd (from another article below), then the cops will have her information
and then she can be charged with assault.

Here's the video.
What's wrong with people like her? I don't know about her phone, but she definitely lost her marbles. I must say that the guy shows an incredible amount of restraint. Probably because he must've dealt with this type of situation on more than one occasion.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
  • Haha

Perknose

Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
And another.

Came here to post this, one day late. If I were black, I'd be almost murderously angry 24/7. This woman needs to look in the goddamn mirror . . . in her cell at Rikers.