YAEWBT - Yet another existing while black thread. Modified to all purpose harassment

Page 39 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
That's all I really needed to know.
The rest of the story just reinforced what I imagined how a story about Orlando Lady would end.
She is even shaped in size "Orlando Lady"

lol
Maybe the the barking the old lady heard in the other post was from Orlando Lady...
That was borderline hilarious

"Stop winking at me. I don't like you like that"
somebody should walk up to that racist ignoramus and cold cock her rihjt upside the head!!!

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Same shit happened to a black security guard who was legally carrying guarding a perp. Cops show up and point their guns at the assumed guilty black guy

FirNaTine

Jun 6, 2005

That leaves out the part where police were also called about teenagers attacking someone with their skateboards... The people yelling in the background were not the only ones who called in the interaction between the "homeless man" and the teenagers, at least two separate 911 calls were placed. The police seen here were actually given the dispatch that the teens were the aggressors, and the call placed by the person screaming in the background was dispatched as a separate call. Taking race out for a second, what is easier to see from a distance, a knife allegedly held by the homeless man, or the skateboards being used a makeshift weapons (if ultimately as a defense against an attack)? And if you saw what appeared to be a 3 vs 1 conflict, which would you think it more likely to be the aggressor?

Nov 8, 2012
That leaves out the part where police were also called about teenagers attacking someone with their skateboards... The people yelling in the background were not the only ones who called in the interaction between the "homeless man" and the teenagers, at least two separate 911 calls were placed. The police seen here were actually given the dispatch that the teens were the aggressors, and the call placed by the person screaming in the background was dispatched as a separate call. Taking race out for a second, what is easier to see from a distance, a knife allegedly held by the homeless man, or the skateboards being used a makeshift weapons (if ultimately as a defense against an attack)? And if you saw what appeared to be a 3 vs 1 conflict, which would you think it more likely to be the aggressor?

It's a toss up for mentally ill homeless guy - yet with 3v1, I agree that it seems logical they would be able to defend themselves.

Regardless, naturally, Twatter posters will leave out relevant information such as that.

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
Do they really need to have assault rifles aimed at the kids? If you have links about this story please post them

Last edited:

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Do they really need to have assault rifles aimed at the kids? If you have links about this story please post them

No, they really didn't need that. When you militarize your police, they don't seem to think other people are militarized also. It's pretty sad how far our country has digressed into idiocy, with the usual suspects defending it all the way down.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

FirNaTine

Jun 6, 2005

There’s more information in the embedded press briefing by police, but for a quick link to start it off CNN coverage puts it part way down the article:

“According to L.A. County Sheriff Alex Villanueva, "there were two calls that came in, almost at the same time."

"One that described the kids as the aggressors. The other one described the homeless person as the aggressor," he said in a news conference on Wednesday.“

As far as the rifle piece, I’m not sure it was necessary. But, swung with ill intent, a skateboard can be a deadly weapon, at least the ones I rode many years ago had substantial metal “trucks” underneath that could crack a skull. More so if it’s a group attack.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
There’s more information in the embedded press briefing by police, but for a quick link to start it off CNN coverage puts it part way down the article:

“According to L.A. County Sheriff Alex Villanueva, "there were two calls that came in, almost at the same time."

"One that described the kids as the aggressors. The other one described the homeless person as the aggressor," he said in a news conference on Wednesday.“

As far as the rifle piece, I’m not sure it was necessary. But, swung with ill intent, a skateboard can be a deadly weapon, at least the ones I rode many years ago had substantial metal “trucks” underneath that could crack a skull. More so if it’s a group attack.
Good thi ng the kids were not shot for defending themselves!!
911 call -- kids are black they must be the aggressors.......bang!! bang!! Bang!! ,,,,opps white guy was the aggressor......

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011
Weapons drawn on scrawny skateboarders on a report of an assault.
Alrighty then.
I see the "everything can be a deadly weapon" defense is already in play.
Unless its in the hands of white kids.

"They all have husbands and wives and children and houses and dogs, and, you know, they've all made themselves a part of something and they can talk about what they do. What am I gonna say? "I killed the president of Paraguay with a fork. How've you been?"
- Marty

Summary...Black kid with Fork?
Break out the big guns

FirNaTine

Jun 6, 2005
Weapons drawn on scrawny skateboarders on a report of an assault.
Alrighty then.
I see the "everything can be a deadly weapon" defense is already in play.
Unless its in the hands of white kids.

"They all have husbands and wives and children and houses and dogs, and, you know, they've all made themselves a part of something and they can talk about what they do. What am I gonna say? "I killed the president of Paraguay with a fork. How've you been?"
- Marty

Summary...Black kid with Fork?
Break out the big guns

So, you’re saying three on one swinging skateboards isn’t potentially deadly? Seriously?

FirNaTine

Jun 6, 2005
You are still trying to justify the cops drawing their weapons.......your part of the problem...

So, you agree that 3 people swinging skateboards is deadly or potentially deadly assault? Address that with a simple yes or no.

Plenty of strawmen thrown (fork comparison, etc.), but no one is addressing the actual situation they were dispatched to.

Feb 4, 2009
So, you agree that 3 people swinging skateboards is deadly or potentially deadly assault? Address that with a simple yes or no.

Plenty of strawmen thrown (fork comparison, etc.), but no one is addressing the actual situation they were dispatched to.

Absolutely they should all be shot in the dick, then in the face. Police should go to their houses and shoot anyone living there because either:
They did a shitty job parenting
They are involved in the crime

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005

The skateboarders were threatening the officers with their skateboards so guns drawn were immediately necessary upon arriving on the scene?

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
BUMP!

Remember how we were gonna have a database of every complaint against the NYPD but their union fought to squash it?
The fight is over.

323,911 complaints against 82,000 cops. And that does NOT include active investigations, just old ones.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
BUMP!

Remember how we were gonna have a database of every complaint against the NYPD but their union fought to squash it?
The fight is over.

323,911 complaints against 82,000 cops. And that does NOT include active investigations, just old ones.
Now we know why they didn`t want this published!!

mikeymikec

Lifer
May 19, 2011

I was thinking that figure might not be quite as bad as it looks depending on the time frame. The article says 1994 but also an unspecified period prior to that. I picked a very generous figure of 50 years total and that calculates through as 6478 per year or 17 per day. jfc. Surely they'd need a department the size of the NYPD to deal with the complaints...

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009
I was thinking that figure might not be quite as bad as it looks depending on the time frame. The article says 1994 but also an unspecified period prior to that. I picked a very generous figure of 50 years total and that calculates through as 6478 per year or 17 per day. jfc. Surely they'd need a department the size of the NYPD to deal with the complaints...
Nope, just a big, round filing cabinet. ;)

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
the oldest one I found was 1988. The first of many for one cop.
thats 32 years.
or 11,688 days.
or 27.7 complaints per day.

For fucks sake

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011

5 thugs pointing guns at kids that where playing tag

I'm shocked to find out this is the justification.
...who matched Jaylin's description

Usually its matched A description or matched the description.

It's nice that they now personalize justifications.
Nice personal touch and memento

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002