YAEWBT - Yet another existing while black thread. Modified to all purpose harassment

Page 36 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Kroger Karen' is going viral for using a stroller to block a Black woman from leaving a grocery store parking lot

Will these privileged idiots ever learn?
They won't.
They grew up a certain way and they have absolutely no incentive to change.
I dont know if anyone else has been paying very close attention to this phenomenon but it seems clear to me that public shaming in and of itself does absolutely nothing. Its not a deterrent to douchebag behavior. Not for upper middle class whites or really anyone else.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

Maxima1

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2013
Nobody is pretending anything.
Thats just how you perceive the world because you wanna believe it and you ignore any evidence to the contrary.
Its called Cognitive Bias.
Or maybe its Cognitive Dissonance. I forget.

Go look at the article I linked to. It's a fact that people call the cops/911 on other people within-race for dumb shit all the time.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
In the past few years, it has become a thing for the media to report white-on-black dumb crap, while pretending that dumb shit doesn't happen at all within-race.

Interesting how black people having to live with being harassed by white people you label "dumb crap". The same white people who have the inherent advantage of almost always being believed over black people when the police are called

I shouldn't have to make the point you should see it. How many times have we seen black people assassinated in the streets where the response is "well he must have done something"??

Last edited:

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Kroger Karen' is going viral for using a stroller to block a Black woman from leaving a grocery store parking lot

Will these privileged idiots ever learn?
And naturally the Karen is one of those people that wears a mask but doesn't cover their nose with it...

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
And naturally the Karen is one of those people that wears a mask but doesn't cover their nose with it...

I was pretty appalled that kroger karen would involve her youngin' with blocking the car. What if the lady didn't see her? GD idiot on a few levels.

Maxima1

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2013
Interesting how black people having to live with being harassed by white people you label "dumb crap".

What makes you think this only happens to black people? Look at the article. From just one county, that’s a lot of stupid complaints against others. Obviously, a good portion of these would be within-race. Yet the media is hellbent on trying to report every inane thing that happens to a black person. We can’t even assume always that the stupid report is racism (similar to police brutality), since reporting on others for dumb shit happens within-race all the time.

Among the 184 non-compliance complaints the Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office received from March 27 to April 5 were reports of weddings, sandlot football games and pool parties at apartment complexes with dozens of people. Residents called about church services with 10 worshipers, and others with more than 50.

[...]
They called the police on homeless people standing outside a Mobil in Gibsonton, and because they saw people shake hands at Petrol Mart in Thonotosassa. Someone called the cops on a Michael’s craft store for being open, and on employees at a jewelry store on Dale Mabry not standing six feet apart. Someone called about a lone man selling flowers on the side of the road. Another said that a neighbor had opened his home gym up to the neighborhood.

The same white people who have the inherent advantage of almost always being believed over black people when the police are called

Can you give actual percentage representing the advantage? I’m sure the same can be said about men vs. women, but you don’t see me bitching. Where is the cutoff when it’s significant enough to bitch at? There’s just as significant gap between men and women for a lot of these stats that they have grievances, yet it’s only the black difference that arises to harm.

I shouldn't have to make the point you should see it. How many times have we seen black people assassinated in the streets where the response is "well he must have done something"??

Why are you pretending that it doesn’t happen to white people? More white people die than do black people do when unarmed against the cops. I know you’d retort with proportionality, but it’s 2.5X difference raw. Adjust for age, violence, and SES, and that difference is more like gender difference nobody cares about. And that’s just assuming there is one – some studies such as Roland Fryer’s Harvard study suggest in regards to shootings, there isn’t one. There is a reason why the vast majority killed by cops have a rap sheet. It’s not common at all for a black teacher -insert professional career- gets killed by cops.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
What makes you think this only happens to black people? Look at the article. From just one county, that’s a lot of stupid complaints against others. Obviously, a good portion of these would be within-race. Yet the media is hellbent on trying to report every inane thing that happens to a black person. We can’t even assume always that the stupid report is racism (similar to police brutality), since reporting on others for dumb shit happens within-race all the time.

Among the 184 non-compliance complaints the Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office received from March 27 to April 5 were reports of weddings, sandlot football games and pool parties at apartment complexes with dozens of people. Residents called about church services with 10 worshipers, and others with more than 50.

[...]
They called the police on homeless people standing outside a Mobil in Gibsonton, and because they saw people shake hands at Petrol Mart in Thonotosassa. Someone called the cops on a Michael’s craft store for being open, and on employees at a jewelry store on Dale Mabry not standing six feet apart. Someone called about a lone man selling flowers on the side of the road. Another said that a neighbor had opened his home gym up to the neighborhood.

Can you give actual percentage representing the advantage? I’m sure the same can be said about men vs. women, but you don’t see me bitching. Where is the cutoff when it’s significant enough to bitch at? There’s just as significant gap between men and women for a lot of these stats that they have grievances, yet it’s only the black difference that arises to harm.

Why are you pretending that it doesn’t happen to white people? More white people die than do black people do when unarmed against the cops. I know you’d retort with proportionality, but it’s 2.5X difference raw. Adjust for age, violence, and SES, and that difference is more like gender difference nobody cares about. And that’s just assuming there is one – some studies such as Roland Fryer’s Harvard study suggest in regards to shootings, there isn’t one. There is a reason why the vast majority killed by cops have a rap sheet. It’s not common at all for a black teacher -insert professional career- gets killed by cops.
When there is an ingrained system in law enforcement that assumes the guilt of white people you give me a call. I guess you don't know about the central park Karen case? Black people are in danger of being killed just for white people calling the cops on them for no good reason. Just ask the family of John Crawford.

Maxima1

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2013
When there is an ingrained system in law enforcement that assumes the guilt of white people you give me a call.

Black people are in danger of being killed just for white people calling the cops on them for no good reason. Just ask the family of John Crawford.

So Andrew Finch wasn't assumed guilty?

Even with the raw values, how can anyone argue it's only happening with black people? This isn't even adjusting for the few obvious factors that would account for the difference.

960x0.jpg

I guess you don't know about the central park Karen case?

What do you think this is proof of?

DarthKyrie

Golden Member
Jul 11, 2016
So Andrew Finch wasn't assumed guilty?

Even with the raw values, how can anyone argue it's only happening with black people? This isn't even adjusting for the few obvious factors that would account for the difference.

960x0.jpg

Whites are 76.5% of the population of the United States, blacks are 13.4% of the population. According to your chart, whites are killed at twice the rate of blacks. With the stats I provided about population make-up of the United States I am sure it is obvious what it is proof of.

Hint: whites outnumber blacks by almost 6-1 but are killed by cops at a 2-1 ratio.

https://www.census.gov/quickfacts/fact/table/US/IPE120218

Maxima1

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2013
Hint: whites outnumber blacks by almost 6-1 but are killed by cops at a 2-1 ratio.

https://www.census.gov/quickfacts/fact/table/US/IPE120218

The number reflects a lifetime risk (see below quote), so age (I misspoke above by including this as a factor)/pop already factored. That's why it showed per million.

Notice in the graph that it happens mostly to young males? As I said, factor in the greater violence in the black pop and lower SES (influence for engaging in such activity), and what do you think will happen to the 2.5:1 ratio? There will be little to none left over for racism to explain.

"Note that a rate ratio of 1 indicates equality in mortality risk relative to whites. The highest levels of inequality in mortality risk are experienced by black men. Black men are about 2.5 times more likely to be killed by police over the life course than are white men. "

F5.large.jpg

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
I know you are secure and unreachable, protected by your marshalled army of conclusions that surround your personal bunker of bigotry, so I won't even try.

I also know my reply will only reinforce your fortress of smugness.

So, I will simply say this: Wake up and walk, drive or even just try to breathe a mile in the shoes of a young black man or woman in America. Get out there beyond your bigotry-driven screeds, and get a whiff of what 400 years of entrenched institutional and personal (looking at YOU, Chief) racism have wrought.

Maybe try reading this. Maybe open your shriveled heart and take it in.

If not, k. Then please accept my offer to insert yourself into yourself. There are none so blind than those who will not see. :( :( :(

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
The number reflects a lifetime risk (see below quote), so age (I misspoke above by including this as a factor)/pop already factored. That's why it showed per million.

Notice in the graph that it happens mostly to young males? As I said, factor in the greater violence in the black pop and lower SES (influence for engaging in such activity), and what do you think will happen to the 2.5:1 ratio? There will be little to none left over for racism to explain.

"Note that a rate ratio of 1 indicates equality in mortality risk relative to whites. The highest levels of inequality in mortality risk are experienced by black men. Black men are about 2.5 times more likely to be killed by police over the life course than are white men. "

F5.large.jpg
Still waiting for your posts showing hoards of black people calling police on white people just for existing.

DarthKyrie

Golden Member
Jul 11, 2016
I know you are secure and unreachable, protected by your marshalled army of conclusions that surround your personal bunker of bigotry, so I won't even try.

I also know my reply will only reinforce your fortress of smugness.

So, I will simply say this: Wake up and walk, drive or even just try to breathe a mile in the shoes of a young black man or woman in America. Get out there beyond your bigotry-driven screeds, and get a whiff of what 400 years of entrenched institutional and personal (looking at YOU, Chief) racism have wrought.

If not, k. Then please accept my offer to insert yourself into yourself. There are none so blind than those who will not see. :( :( :(

It's strange how my sociopathic ass can manage to do this but people who are supposedly human with human emotions can't manage to do it. It could just be the kinship I feel towards them seeing as my people were slaves for the English for hundreds of years as well.

Maxima1

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2013
Still waiting for your posts showing hoards of black people calling police on white people just for existing.

Would you characterize the examples given in the media as "hordes" of white people calling police on black people? There is over 40 million black people and over 200 million white people. it's all just emotional appeal without concrete data.

We need to include within-race to show how much different the outgroup is treated. The coronavirus article confirms my anecdotal experience of people complaining about others (not just blacks) for inane things. Conversely, you think fruitcakes like Amy Cooper are just targeting blacks, which she might not be so great of an example for you. If you can find out identity of the doorman, then by all means show me that she wronged another black person, but the pattern I gather from persons who spoke of her in the media suggests that she's just a batshit woman who easily feels wronged by anyone.

The beginning of the article reminds me of another grossly hyperbolic article I saw the other day and what I take issue with. If we talk reforms for cops that could lead to less deaths and less BS, okay. But the discourse is embedded with all this disingenuous crap pretending that it's only a black thing and grossly exaggerating risks where even high SES blacks pretend they share the same world as the rap sheet thugs.

Eventually, the officer let McHarris go with a warning. It didn’t spiral into one of the deadly encounters that make the front pages of newspapers, where a Black man is killed at the hands of a police officer. The officer had even been relatively courteous, assuring McHarris that the stop wasn’t the result of racial profiling. But that just reinforced for McHarris how poorly the officer understood the racial dynamics of the interaction — much less the fear he felt throughout the encounter, and couldn’t shake even after he drove away. “What good is it if a cop is being nice to me while asking to search the car?” he said. “What I care about is that I got pulled over in the first place, and I’m sitting here thinking maybe this random gas station is the last thing I’ll see.”

Our lives — our Black lives — were still in someone else's hands. African Americans were slain with impunity throughout all the decades of my life.
[Notice the rhetoric, which continues -- yet I can come up with an even bigger list for white people...]

Black people died for things that make no sense: driving with a busted taillight, selling DVDs, using a counterfeit bill, sitting in your apartment.

[...]

We have watched the marches from across the globe, to places our boys have visited, like Africa, France and Spain, and lived, like London. They don't know their own privilege. They think everyone travels overseas. But they worry that police will kill me one day.

"You'll be OK, though, Papa, right?"
one asked, as we discussed the news.
"Absolutely. No question," I lied.

• Haha
Reactions: brycejones

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Would you characterize the examples given in the media as "hordes" of white people calling police on black people? There is over 40 million black people and over 200 million white people. it's all just emotional appeal without concrete data.

We need to include within-race to show how much different the outgroup is treated. The coronavirus article confirms my anecdotal experience of people complaining about others (not just blacks) for inane things. Conversely, you think fruitcakes like Amy Cooper are just targeting blacks, which she might not be so great of an example for you. If you can find out identity of the doorman, then by all means show me that she wronged another black person, but the pattern I gather from persons who spoke of her in the media suggests that she's just a batshit woman who easily feels wronged by anyone.

The beginning of the article reminds me of another grossly hyperbolic article I saw the other day and what I take issue with. If we talk reforms for cops that could lead to less deaths and less BS, okay. But the discourse is embedded with all this disingenuous crap pretending that it's only a black thing and grossly exaggerating risks where even high SES blacks pretend they share the same world as the rap sheet thugs.

Eventually, the officer let McHarris go with a warning. It didn’t spiral into one of the deadly encounters that make the front pages of newspapers, where a Black man is killed at the hands of a police officer. The officer had even been relatively courteous, assuring McHarris that the stop wasn’t the result of racial profiling. But that just reinforced for McHarris how poorly the officer understood the racial dynamics of the interaction — much less the fear he felt throughout the encounter, and couldn’t shake even after he drove away. “What good is it if a cop is being nice to me while asking to search the car?” he said. “What I care about is that I got pulled over in the first place, and I’m sitting here thinking maybe this random gas station is the last thing I’ll see.”

Our lives — our Black lives — were still in someone else's hands. African Americans were slain with impunity throughout all the decades of my life.
[Notice the rhetoric, which continues -- yet I can come up with an even bigger list for white people...]

Black people died for things that make no sense: driving with a busted taillight, selling DVDs, using a counterfeit bill, sitting in your apartment.

[...]

We have watched the marches from across the globe, to places our boys have visited, like Africa, France and Spain, and lived, like London. They don't know their own privilege. They think everyone travels overseas. But they worry that police will kill me one day.

"You'll be OK, though, Papa, right?"
one asked, as we discussed the news.
"Absolutely. No question," I lied.
She did not target him. She used the systemic racism in police departments attempting to use his blackness against him with a totally made up story.

Again the assumption black=guilt. What do you think the OP was about? Black student falls asleep in student lounge. Police are called by white woman because a black woman couldn't possibly be a student. Said student had to prove herself twice once the cops showed up.

Maybe you should read some of these before bitching about this thread's existence.

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015

Just shocking that s0me0nesmind1 trivializes decades of racist marketing.
It's a whole lot more mentally comfortable than realizing that you've been perpetuating it yourself and are part of the problem.

zzyzxroad

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2017
The war on drugs in a nutshell. Fairly standard example of systemic racism.

Do cops that do this go home thinking they are helping society?

Last edited:

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
2 white guys attack black kids on bikes yelling racial slurs. I'm stealing a quote, for everyone who is tired of hearing about all these stories or racism imagine people like me who are tired of living it.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
It's a whole lot more mentally comfortable than realizing that you've been perpetuating it yourself and are part of the problem.
he's brainwashed like the rest of them. and the main focus of the brainwashing is absolute certainty you are correct. because any amount of questioning will cause the whole system to collapse. they'll let America burn to the ground before admitting they might not be right after all.

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
In the past few years, it has become a thing for the media to report white-on-black dumb crap, while pretending that dumb shit doesn't happen at all within-race.

As much as you want to believe this is true, black people don't call the cops on white people for absolutely no reason, and act like an asshat in the process. Does it happen once in a blue moon - of course. I'm sure you think it happens just as much as all the Karens, it's just the media doesn't want to report that right? Welp, if it was happening Fox News would be plastering the black people harass white people for no damn reason on their front page every time in a heart beat. Fox News would be foaming at the mouth to get these stories out there. I'm not saying there aren't times some black people would like to call the police for zero reason on a white person just to fuck with them. They don't because the cops would show up and fuck with the black person, and maybe even kill them. Out of fear black people do their best to avoid all unnecessary interaction with LEOs. Karen's don't have to worry about such shit.