YAEWBT - Yet another existing while black thread. Modified to all purpose harassment

Page 35 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011
So I just made a collusal blunder. Turned to Fox News to see how they are covering. I lasted 30 sec. Were they talking about police abuse? No Guess what was the focus?

Honestly I was just checking to see if thay had any reporters at the scene. Thay are always bitching about other network's coverage but I recall during Charlottesville they did not have reporters on the ground. I didn't see any. CNN and MSNBC are covering live with their reporters.

Every once in awhile I'll check the foxNews website. Ridiculous BS
Explains the crap coming out of their followers and why they do not classify themselves as a news organiziation

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
If someone politely asks you to comply with a park's leash law and your first reaction is to call 911 to make a false accusation that a black man is assaulting you.. well...
Clearly not racist because she didn’t explicitly say the uppity African American was trying to tell her what to do even though she was a white personal and his better.
#notrueracism ever /s

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
You need to watch it. She gave an interview with NBC later and apologized but lied in the apology.

This bitch needs to be sued. She was attempting to set a black man up to be killed.

Whenever I read an apology like this, I can't help but feel a bit rubbed the wrong way. You see these sort of canned remarks all the time that seem almost copy-and-pasted from the last time someone was caught in a race-related situation. These apologies push this genuine sincerity that the person is sorry, but you notice how they often lack any reference to what they're sorry for? For example, she never remarks how she screwed up by not having her dog on a leash in the first place, which was arguably the catalyst that started everything.

These apologies remind me of a child that was caught stealing a cookie from the cookie jar. They'll cry and say that they're sorry, but you get the feeling that the child's distress is over getting caught and not taking it without asking.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

FirNaTine

Jun 6, 2005
And another.

The officer resigned two weeks later, (before the investigation was concluded). He was allowed to use up his previously accrued leave as part of his agreement to resign.

Mr. Atkinson received a $125,000 settlement. The City admitted his stop wasn’t appropriate, but wouldn’t admit it was racially motivated.

Edit: Interestingly, both internal and external reviews of the police officer found no disparity in his record of interactions with respect to race. And the independent review (by a former US Attorney) actually found the internal review to have been thoroughly done Additional coverage .

“The (Professional Standards Unit) sergeant hand-searched each of Officer Smyly’s stops and looked for any disparities based on the race of the individual contacted,” the report read. “He found none. In our review of (the sergeant’s) work, we did the same and confirmed there were no apparent racial disparities reflected in Officer Smyly’s number of stops, duration of stops, types of stops, reasons for stops, results of stops, use of (body-worn camera) during stops, or searches of people he stopped.”

I’d have bet there would have been a discrepancy, even if he wasn’t overtly intending one.

Last edited:

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
'You're Going Back to Mexico': Woman Slapped After Racial Confrontation in Gas Station

FirNaTine

Jun 6, 2005
'You're Going Back to Mexico': Woman Slapped After Racial Confrontation in Gas Station

I’m confused, so Karen was the manager?

zzyzxroad

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2017
Check out some of the cooments in this fox article. i hope these are mostly Russian trolls. I don't understand seeing how these cops acted and rooting for them.

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
Check out some of the cooments in this fox article. i hope these are mostly Russian trolls. I don't understand seeing how these cops acted and rooting for them.

Not Russian trolls.

Right-wing authoritarians.

Same ideology, different country of origin.

zzyzxroad

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2017
Not Russian trolls.

Right-wing authoritarians.

Same ideology, different country of origin.
I think you are right but I just don't understand that mentality.

Anyone here that thinks those cops are right? If so please explain why you feel that way.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Even as teenagers they deserved to be treated with respect. it would have been easy to pull up next to them and ask not to walk down the middle of the street. Slow rolling behind them is interpreted as a hostile and things went downhill from there.

If cops had done that and they still refused then I don't have a problem with the rest of it.

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
Another Karen (Lisa).
SF man says couple called police for stenciling BLM sign on his own property

1) Says she knows the owner. The owner comes on camera and says he does not
know her
2) Loses her company's affiliation with Birchbox because of this.

Wash, rinse, repeat.
When will these people ever learn?

zzyzxroad

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2017
Jaywalking
What it's like to be a kid in a lot of places around the country.

Pay careful attention to this entire interaction.
Prime example of how you could hate all police. If all your interactions were this how could you not. These cops were look to pick a fight and I bet were hoping to find drugs or something else to pin on these two kids.

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
Nov 8, 2012
Kroger Karen' is going viral for using a stroller to block a Black woman from leaving a grocery store parking lot

Will these privileged idiots ever learn?
Briefly read through the article... What exactly is the Karen's reasoning for this?

Saw something about one of black woman's kids reaching up on a shelve for a Gatorade or some shit? Was that really the only thing or is there something else I'm missing?

Feb 4, 2009
Briefly read through the article... What exactly is the Karen's reasoning for this?

Saw something about one of black woman's kids reaching up on a shelve for a Gatorade or some shit? Was that really the only thing or is there something else I'm missing?

From the article:
began inside the store when her son stepped on a shelf to reach a bottle of Gatorade. The other woman, upset by the boy's behavior, began yelling.

I know you’re disappointed

Nov 8, 2012
From the article:
began inside the store when her son stepped on a shelf to reach a bottle of Gatorade. The other woman, upset by the boy's behavior, began yelling.

I'm just honestly hoping there is something more to this story otherwise this like the Final Boss Karen equivalent.

Reaching up onto a shelf to grab an item as justification to
1. Yell at the kid. Christ, It doesn't even involve you. Why police other kids?
2. To the point of following them outside just to block them in with your kid as cannon fodder for vehicle blocking.

How sad.

Maxima1

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2013
From the article:

In the past few years, it has become a thing for the media to report white-on-black dumb crap, while pretending that dumb shit doesn't happen at all within-race.

Maxima1

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2013
I know you are disappointed the kid wasn’t stealing something

I just find the articles incredibly disingenuous a.k.a. agenda setting. It's akin to trying to find lineman deaths -insert other dangerous job- vs. cop deaths in media.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
In the past few years, it has become a thing for the media to report white-on-black dumb crap, while pretending that dumb shit doesn't happen at all within-race.

Nobody is pretending anything.
Thats just how you perceive the world because you wanna believe it and you ignore any evidence to the contrary.
Its called Cognitive Bias.
Or maybe its Cognitive Dissonance. I forget.