YAEWBT - Yet another existing while black thread. Modified to all purpose harassment

Page 34 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Changing a tire while black: https://www.wral.com/brothers-see-laser-scope-hear-gunshots-while-changing-flat-tire/19105170/

Car gets a flat in front of some dude’s home. Homeowner emerges to see 2 brothers working a tire jack. One of them explains they just got a flat, have a spare, and will be on their way, no problemo. Homeowner says, “No, it’s a problem”. Goes inside and grabs an AR with a laser scope. The brothers take off running, are clearly off the property and on the highway when they see laser dots on their bodies, duck and hear 2 shots. Luckily, no one was injured and the homeowner had been charged.

• Wow
Reactions: DarthKyrie

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
Changing a tire while black: https://www.wral.com/brothers-see-laser-scope-hear-gunshots-while-changing-flat-tire/19105170/

Car gets a flat in front of some dude’s home. Homeowner emerges to see 2 brothers working a tire jack. One of them explains they just got a flat, have a spare, and will be on their way, no problemo. Homeowner says, “No, it’s a problem”. Goes inside and grabs an AR with a laser scope. The brothers take off running, are clearly off the property and on the highway when they see laser dots on their bodies, duck and hear 2 shots. Luckily, no one was injured and the homeowner had been charged.
nice way to gain his right to bare arms.

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
The two dickheads that murdered the black man allegedly did it because he stopped for a drink of water during his jog.
Sad they didnt get arrested until there was a public outcry.
so he was a water thief? legit shoot!!

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004

Smh, wtf is wrong with people.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002

In the days before video, this guy would have been beat up the cops, locked up and found guilty.
Anyone want to take a guess why this woman thought she could get away with this accusation?

Feb 4, 2009
Anyone want to take a guess why this woman thought she could get away with this accusation?

I didn’t watch the video on this one, I will say having a dog off a leash where a leash is required tends to attract a lot of asshole dog owners.
I love my pooch but I typically do not make exceptions regarding the leash. We used to go off leash at a pond near me at least until the asshole owners started going there regularly. One persons dog was killed by two other dogs.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
I didn’t watch the video on this one, I will say having a dog off a leash where a leash is required tends to attract a lot of asshole dog owners.
I love my pooch but I typically do not make exceptions regarding the leash. We used to go off leash at a pond near me at least until the asshole owners started going there regularly. One persons dog was killed by two other dogs.
You need to watch it. She gave an interview with NBC later and apologized but lied in the apology.

This bitch needs to be sued. She was attempting to set a black man up to be killed.
Christian Cooper told NBC New York Monday night that he continued filming because he wasn’t going to be intimidated.

“We live in an age of Ahmaud Arbery where Black men are gunned down because of assumptions people make about Black men, Black people, and I’m just not going to participate in that,” he said.

Amy Cooper told NBC New York she overreacted but claimed that Christian was screaming and that she felt threatened because she didn’t know what was in the dog treats.

“I sincerely and humbly apologize to everyone, especially to that man, his family,” she told the news station in a phone call. “It was unacceptable and I humbly and fully apologize to everyone who’s seen that video, everyone that’s been offended … everyone who thinks of me in a lower light and I understand why they do.”

Feb 4, 2009
You need to watch it. She gave an interview with NBC later and apologized but lied in the apology.

This bitch needs to be sued. She was attempting to set a black man up to be killed.

Whoa wait the white broad was the one with the dog off the leash?
Yes she was being really, really weird.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
If someone politely asks you to comply with a park's leash law and your first reaction is to call 911 to make a false accusation that a black man is assaulting you.. well...

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
This is what happens when our self hate is put under stress. We have a woman who has given herself permission to break the law and called out for making that decision. Rather than simply owning up to the guilt of the egotistical exceptionalism she has given herself for breaking the lease law, her whole ego structure designed to prevent her from feeling how worthless she feels she is gets triggered instead. Suddenly her whole life really is under threat. She projects on him what she really feels, that she is actually worthless, the threat being he will force her to relive how she got that way. Immediately every defense mechanism she possessed kicks into action including that it is he, the other that is trying to kill her. Everything she fears has already happened. She is already emotionally dead. The threat is remembering how she got that way. That is what panic attacks are., terror when unconscious feelings threaten to surface.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Some of you may have kept up with the Minneapolis situation. Looks like 4 guys are already out.

Now termination does not automatically indicate guilt, but it won't help their odds. And it shows the department is less tolerant of profiling and murder than major cities like New York or Los Angeles.

alcoholbob

Diamond Member
May 24, 2005
She apologized but denied being a racist.

Which is kind of ironic since the textbook definition of racism is thinking your race is superior. Playing a hierarchical power game where you manipulate the privilege of being a white woman in an attempt to get a black man killed is kind of the definition of racism, as superiority by definition is a hierarchical claim.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Some of you may have kept up with the Minneapolis situation. Looks like 4 guys are already out.

Now termination does not automatically indicate guilt, but it won't help their odds. And it shows the department is less tolerant of profiling and murder than major cities like New York or Los Angeles.

So when they get fired pre-trial, does the Union still front their defense??

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
So when they get fired pre-trial, does the Union still front their defense??
I'm guessing every police union is different. I'd like to think they cover all defense costs for anything you did while on the force, even you were terminated or retired years earlier. That would provide peace of mind for guys currently on the job.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
and it continues but we black people are just overreacting, right??
George Floyd protests: Man calls police on black entrepreneurs for using same gym in Minneapolis in viral video

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
and it continues but we black people are just overreacting, right??
George Floyd protests: Man calls police on black entrepreneurs for using same gym in Minneapolis in viral video

I don't want to live on this planet anymore 😭

friedburrito

Aug 3, 2019
The cop that knelt on Floyd hired the same lawyer from this police shooting 3 years ago:

both events actually happened in MN.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
So I just made a collusal blunder. Turned to Fox News to see how they are covering. I lasted 30 sec. Were they talking about police abuse? No Guess what was the focus?

Honestly I was just checking to see if thay had any reporters at the scene. Thay are always bitching about other network's coverage but I recall during Charlottesville they did not have reporters on the ground. I didn't see any. CNN and MSNBC are covering live with their reporters.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
So I just made a collusal blunder. Turned to Fox News to see how they are covering. I lasted 30 sec. Were they talking about police abuse? No Guess what was the focus?

Honestly I was just checking to see if thay had any reporters at the scene. Thay are always bitching about other network's coverage but I recall during Charlottesville they did not have reporters on the ground. I didn't see any. CNN and MSNBC are covering live with their reporters.
Let me guess. Why do people burn down there own neighborhoods?