YAEWBT - Yet another existing while black thread. Modified to all purpose harassment

Page 31 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
You do realize posting the same thing has no bearing on whether or not something is a valid argument or not, right?

Software isn't designed to be coded to say

"IF DEPOSITOR = 'BLACK' OR 'HISPANIC'
THEN RETURN FRAUD;

ELSE DEPOSITCHECK
ENDIF"

Seek mental help you senile old man.
My point was you all are arguing something that is not true -- ie -- there were watermarks that said VOID!!
I do not believe the TCDF banks scenario -- they were trying to cover the ass!
Also if the checcks really were fake I am sure the Police would have arrested the man!!
He deposited those checks at Chase bank! If there were water marks that said VOID -- Chase would not have touched those 3 checks!

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
You do realize posting the same thing has no bearing on whether or not something is a valid argument or not, right?

THEN RETURN FRAUD;

ELSE DEPOSITCHECK
ENDIF"

My point was you all are arguing something that is not true -- ie -- there were watermarks that said VOID!!
I do not believe the TCF banks scenario -- they were trying to cover their ass!
Also if the checks really were fake I am sure the Police would have arrested the man!!
He deposited those checks at Chase bank! If there were water marks that said VOID -- Chase would not have touched those 3 checks!

Last edited:
Reactions: DarthKyrie
Nov 8, 2012
I do not believe the TCDF banks scenario -- they were trying to cover the ass!
Also if the checcks really were fake I am sure the Police would have arrested the man!!

This is just like any other retarded article from today's shit excuse for journalism.

One side said one thing - the other side said another.

Basing your beliefs of the end conclusion based on one side saying one statement and the other saying another like in the article just shows how inept the human brain can be.

Last edited:

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
This is just like any other retarded article from today's shit excuse for journalism.

One side said one thing - the other side said another.

Basing your beliefs of the end conclusion based on one side saying one statement and the other saying another like in the article just shows how inept the human brain can be.
Thats what wrong with you!!!!!!
It is obvious that TCF made an huge mistake in racially profiling this man....if he was white this would have never happened!
One side is always right.
You would have to be a totally complete idiot to take the banks side, especially knowing that another bank took those 3 checks!
Life will always be he said she said...but one id right and one is wrong! This man did nothing wrong! The bank suspected him immediately due to his color, as if a man of color cannot possibly have money...lol

Nov 8, 2012
Thats what wrong with you!!!!!!
It is obvious that TCF made an huge mistake in racially profiling this man....if he was white this would have never happened!
One side is always right.
You would have to be a totally complete idiot to take the banks side, especially knowing that another bank took those 3 checks!
Life will always be he said she said...but one id right and one is wrong! This man did nothing wrong! The bank suspected him immediately due to his color, as if a man of color cannot possibly have money...lol

Yup. Sure bud.

When they scan the check image in the software runs this method.

IF DEPOSITOR = 'BLACK' OR 'HISPANIC'
THEN RETURN FRAUD;

ELSE DEPOSITCHECK
ENDIF

I'm not taking the bank's side - I'm simply saying that it's entirely plausible that the software denied the check and flagged it as a fraud. The question is if it makes sense to immediately phone the police based on the software saying it's fraudulent. To that - I agree that some management oversight should have been done to better determine if it was indeed fraudulent. But as of now we don't have the full story on that regardless.

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2013

THEN RETURN FRAUD;

ELSE DEPOSITCHECK
ENDIF"

"Be Best"

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Yup. If what the bank says is true, then I see no wrong-doing or racist efforts from the bank.

Especially knowing how dumb clerks at a bank are... AND how automated our banking is these days, if the system/scanning tool detected a fraudulent check then it's as simple as that. How can software that scans checks be racist?
Let me slow it down for you. Just...….call.....the.....issuing.....bank.....and.....get.....verification.

Instead.....see.....black.....call.....cops

If the issuing bank said the check is fraudulent then cops can be called. Also it was a watermark. Black light can reveal. Windows 10 not required.

This thread is littered with white people seeing black and calling the cops.

Nov 8, 2012
Let me slow it down for you. Just...….call.....the.....issuing.....bank.....and.....get.....verification.

Instead.....see.....black.....call.....cops

If the issuing bank said the check is fraudulent then cops can be called. Also it was a watermark. Black light can reveal. Windows 10 not required.

This thread is littered with white people seeing black and calling the cops.

Have you ever been present at a bank where they called the issuing bank?

The answer is no. No you haven't - regardless of you wanting to lie to me right now.

That isn't in the training or protocol of today's morons that work the front counter of banks...

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002

The answer is no. No you haven't - regardless of you wanting to lie to me right now.

That isn't in the training or protocol of today's morons that work the front counter of banks...
Oh that's right businesses never call other businesses when there is a question about their product. Keep trying to make excuses for racist behavior. That's your usual M.O.

Oh look....

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001

What? It is absolutely in the tellers' training and procedures to verify funds by calling the issuing bank, if necessary.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Oh that's right businesses never call other businesses when there is a question about their product. Keep trying to make excuses for racist behavior. That's your usual M.O.

Oh look....
From what I've read, I'm not convinced that the bank employees acted intentionally racist. My understanding is that their automated check verification system was down at the time, and that they did attempt to verify funds by phone but were unable to do so. As such, it would be standard procedure to hold making funds available until such verification could be made. Which I must reiterate is totally normal. You see that disclaimer every time you deposit a check, funds may not be available for 2-3 days.
Where the bank staff did err, however, and in violation of normal bank procedures, was in disclosing to the customer their concerns regarding the authenticity of the checks. That should never be done, and is likely what caused the escalation.

Reactions: JEDIYoda

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
From what I've read, I'm not convinced that the bank employees acted intentionally racist. My understanding is that their automated check verification system was down at the time, and that they did attempt to verify funds by phone but were unable to do so. As such, it would be standard procedure to hold making funds available until such verification could be made. Which I must reiterate is totally normal. You see that disclaimer every time you deposit a check, funds may not be available for 2-3 days.
Where the bank staff did err, however, and in violation of normal bank procedures, was in disclosing to the customer their concerns regarding the authenticity of the checks. That should never be done, and is likely what caused the escalation.

Wonder how the issuing back was unable to verify their own check? Makes no sense

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
I guess now black people can't report racial discrimination at their job because police will conspire against them (Yes I know not all police).

An employer allegedly conspired with local police to have a black employee arrested before he could file a racial discrimination complaint — but their plot backfired.

Ottonomous

May 15, 2014
I guess now black people can't report racial discrimination at their job because police will conspire against them (Yes I know not all police).

An employer allegedly conspired with local police to have a black employee arrested before he could file a racial discrimination complaint — but their plot backfired.
@s0me0nesmind1

Spin this one pls. Literally calling in favours from his police buddy and getting caught in texts.

Linux23

Lifer
Apr 9, 2000

Absolutely repulsive.

Nov 8, 2012
@s0me0nesmind1

Spin this one pls. Literally calling in favours from his police buddy and getting caught in texts.
You guys sincerely have some mental issues if you continue to perceive that "my political side would go with x side, therefore the opposite political side goes with y side".

Seriously. The world isn't as partisan as you perceive. I'll be voting left this year regardless of how dumb your candidate choice is. I think that alone can tell you how I'm not partisan, no?

Honestly i can only hope this partisan shit dies. You folks are doing precisely what our current president hopes you Do... Continuing to segregate. Best of luck of learning from your 2016 mistakes but I'm guessing it won't happen.

• Haha
Reactions: ch33zw1z
Nov 25, 2013
You guys sincerely have some mental issues if you continue to perceive that "my political side would go with x side, therefore the opposite political side goes with y side".

Seriously. The world isn't as partisan as you perceive. I'll be voting left this year regardless of how dumb your candidate choice is. I think that alone can tell you how I'm not partisan, no?

Honestly i can only hope this partisan shit dies. You folks are doing precisely what our current president hopes you Do... Continuing to segregate. Best of luck of learning from your 2016 mistakes but I'm guessing it won't happen.

ROFLMFAO

Ottonomous

May 15, 2014

Okay thanks, see you at the next thread where you defend the popular republican position and backtrack to claim non-partisanship

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003

Maybe not the world, but the American Congress goes out of their way to be opposites on pretty much everything, even when it doesnt make sense.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002

I just wonder when these why stories come up your first response is always doubt the word of the black person.

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011
25-year-old Ahmaud Arbery went for a jog.
He did not make it home thanks to Travis McMichael ... who has not been arrested or charged.

Gregory McMichael, a former police officer and district attorney’s investigator, told investigators the incident began when he spotted Arbery from his front yard “hauling ass” down the street.

McMichael told police that, because he suspected Arbery in a string of recent neighborhood break-ins, he summoned his son and the two men gave chase in the truck, Gregory McMichael carrying a .357 Magnum revolver and Travis armed with a shotgun.

The prosecutor in Brunswick argued there was not probable cause to arrest the McMichaels because they were legally carrying firearms, had a right to pursue a burglary suspect and use deadly force to protect themselves.

• Wow