YAEWBT - Yet another existing while black thread. Modified to all purpose harassment

Page 29 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Article is from Philadelphia, which is a short ride from Chester. It appears that under the same state laws, at least part of the encounter could have been on public, not private property, but at a minimum occurred on a public easement. Some parts of the Philly it's homeowners with easement, others it’s public property.

“In other parts of town, including many of the row home neighborhoods, the property line ends where the sidewalk begins. However, city laws still require those property owners to maintain of the sidewalk and curb.“
huh?
That still does not exonerate the Police for what was obvious harrassment!

Viper1j

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2018
City will settle for a few hundred thousand, raise taxes, and keep the same cops.

If the people didn't settle, and got a judgement large enough to bankrupt the city, something MIGHT change.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

FirNaTine

Jun 6, 2005
huh?
That still does not exonerate the Police for what was obvious harrassment!

If you’d bothered to read several earlier posts on this, I already stated I feel loitering charges in general often used to harass certain folks, and in this particular case being more than a few steps from their front porch puts them on the sidewalk, making it even worse, unless they are physically blocking others passage on the sidewalk.

But, the question was asked, how can you be loitering in their own yard? And I offered information across several posts that the video shows at least two of the arrests starting not in their yard, but on or past the sidewalk. In other words, legally they may have been located in front of their house, or in one case their sister’s, but not actually on their own property.

There are other potential legal issues with the township loitering ordinance, and legal doesn’t always equal right.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000

Staff at a Buffalo Wild Wings repeatedly ordered them to leave their table — all because another customer did not want to sit next to black people.

smh

LOLOL, “Sorry folks, but you need to move because Gus over here is a regular and a racist, so you can’t sit near him.” —chicken wing restaurant preferring the company of racists...

Nov 8, 2012

Staff at a Buffalo Wild Wings repeatedly ordered them to leave their table — all because another customer did not want to sit next to black people.

smh

Something tells me there is more to this story.

According to the article it's basically:
"We want you to ask those darkies over there to leave. We don't accept eating next to black people!"
"Sir, your party will have to leave now, those white people over there don't want you here. Even though you're a paying customer with a larger party that likely is giving us more money".

Nov 25, 2013

"We want you to ask those darkies over there to leave. We don't accept eating next to black people!"
"Sir, your party will have to leave now, those white people over there don't want you here. Even though you're a paying customer with a larger party that likely is giving us more money".

Yeah, it just couldn't be old fashioned racism. Nah. Impossible. It's a conspiracy.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005

If it looks like and smells like then it probably is racism! What is so hard to grasp about the narrative??
You hit the nail on the head -- Sir , your party will have to leave now!!

Nov 8, 2012
Yeah, it just couldn't be old fashioned racism. Nah. Impossible. It's a conspiracy.

Racism is what the supposed people at the other table did.

The workers and management of the restaurant supposedly complying with what the racists told them to do is a whole other level of stupid... to the point where It sounds a little too dumb to be true.

Imagine someone coming up to you and saying "Hey you! Tell those N***** over there to leave. I don't like sitting next to them"

Would you
A) Come to your rational senses and tell that person no and that if they continue such obscene behavior then they would be kicked out.... or...
B) Tell the black people to leave or move tables because that isn't socially awkward....

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005

The workers and management of the restaurant supposedly complying with what the racists told them to do is a whole other level of stupid... to the point where It sounds a little too dumb to be true.

Imagine someone coming up to you and saying "Hey you! Tell those N***** over there to leave. I don't like sitting next to them"

Would you
A) Come to your rational senses and tell that person no and that if they continue such obscene behavior then they would be kicked out.... or...
B) Tell the black people to leave or move tables because that isn't socially awkward....
Why only 2 choices?? You could always move the complaining party somewhere else and if they did not want to comply -- ask them to leave...….it really is that simple!

Feb 4, 2009
Why only 2 choices?? You could always move the complaining party somewhere else and if they did not want to comply -- ask them to leave...….it really is that simple!

Agreed so many better ways of handling this.
First off anyone who visits your business and prevents others from visiting is not worth it. The standard should have been set early on.
Assuming this was the first incident move the dude who doesn’t want to sit near them. He is the one asking for special treatment.

Nov 25, 2013

Would you

So are you thinking that the managers that were fired by the company for this behaviour were wrongfully fired? The company just fired them for shits and giggles?

Seriously pathetic. Maybe Jussie paid the family to do this.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
It seems like the OP is trying really hard to make a mountain out of what appears to the rest of us to be a slam dunk!!

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000

According to the latest reports corporate investigated and fired two managers and banned the racist customer for life.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002

Couldn't possibly be a bunch of racist crackers, could it? Clearly the darkies instigated it.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002

Would you
Statement from BWW...
In a statement to Business Insider, a Buffalo Wild Wings spokesperson said that the company has "terminated the employees involved" in the episode, following an internal review.
"Further, we have banned the customer who exhibited the inappropriate behavior from all Buffalo Wild Wings sports bars for life," the spokesperson said.
As a result of this incident, Buffalo Wild Wings said it will now "conduct sensitivity training throughout our Chicagoland sports bars."

Interesting how you side with the racists again. Even after the BBW statement

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
About the only time I've stiffed a restaurant for a tip was at a Wild Wings. Wings were nothing special and the service absolutely sucked.