YAEWBT - Yet another existing while black thread. Modified to all purpose harassment

Page 27 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Getting pulled over wasn't the issue. Treating what should have been a friendly "Hi can I see your ID because it's 12:30a and there's been some recent burglaries in the area" into a full-blown felony stop complete with handcuffs, before checking ID, and right in the citizen's own driveway, was definitely the issue.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Dining while black:
North Carolina woman who hurled racial slur at black diners in viral video: 'I would say it again
https://www.yahoo.com/news/north-carolina-woman-hurled-racial-172942809.html

"The Tuesday night confrontation began when Goodman approached Chanda Stewart and Lakesha Shaw while they were dining at the chain restaurant and told them they were being rude and "too loud."

Once Goodman walked away to talk to an employee, Stewart pulled out her cellphone to begin filming the incident.
"We're paying for our food just like everyone else, and she told us that we are the rudest people," Stewart can be heard explaining in the viral clip, which has since been viewed over 300,000 times.

When Goodman notices she's being recorded from across the restaurant, she puts her arms out and smiles before approaching the table, seemingly taking photos or recording footage of her own on the way.

"I have really good friends that are black and I love them," Goodman says once she reached the pair. "You're too loud."
"In your opinion," Shaw replies. "Let me show you my money. It's just as green as yours."

"You're so stupid, n*****," Goodman says before walking away.
When one of the two women calls out, "You call your black friends n*****?" Goodman yells back, "They're not like you."
"
White lady pulls out the old "I have black friends"
:rolleyes:

But she said she would do it again.
"You're rude and too loud," says the drunk woman yelling the n-word.

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011
Ummmmm . . .

I'm sorry, but, above, it took you more that a quarter mile of words to finally pull over and say the right thing, so I'm going to have to yank you out of your computer chair, HANDCUFF you, and debase you at high volume.

Bonus points if your (terrified) wife and children are present, too. ;)

Coming back and reviewing my post...holy crap wall of words.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Dining while black:
North Carolina woman who hurled racial slur at black diners in viral video: 'I would say it again
https://www.yahoo.com/news/north-carolina-woman-hurled-racial-172942809.html

"The Tuesday night confrontation began when Goodman approached Chanda Stewart and Lakesha Shaw while they were dining at the chain restaurant and told them they were being rude and "too loud."

Once Goodman walked away to talk to an employee, Stewart pulled out her cellphone to begin filming the incident.
"We're paying for our food just like everyone else, and she told us that we are the rudest people," Stewart can be heard explaining in the viral clip, which has since been viewed over 300,000 times.

When Goodman notices she's being recorded from across the restaurant, she puts her arms out and smiles before approaching the table, seemingly taking photos or recording footage of her own on the way.

"I have really good friends that are black and I love them," Goodman says once she reached the pair. "You're too loud."
"In your opinion," Shaw replies. "Let me show you my money. It's just as green as yours."

"You're so stupid, n*****," Goodman says before walking away.
When one of the two women calls out, "You call your black friends n*****?" Goodman yells back, "They're not like you."
"
White lady pulls out the old "I have black friends"
:rolleyes:

But she said she would do it again.
Clearly we black people are too much into victimization.

Paratus

Lifer
Jun 4, 2004
I saw that last night. To quote Spock, "Fascinating". However since righties don't care about Russia's influence in our country I guess this is a nothing burger. However these incidents did happen.

You mean Russia will help us dox our resident forum racists?

Russia if your are listening?
BLOW5do.png

Nov 8, 2012
Pulled over for speeding with bird poop on car = cocaine possession arrest (LOL!)

https://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2019/08/12/police-mistake-bird-poop-cocaine-arrest-mxp-vpx.hln

God damn - Good thing that dude handled himself well.

I guess I would have done the same thing except I would be cackling non-stop at the officer for playing with bird shit.

I mean, how is that possible? Cocaine is a powder, bird shit is sticky... and well... shitty. I presume the officer put it in that little baggie? What did he scrape it off his windshield?

Mar 11, 2004
Pulled over for speeding with bird poop on car = cocaine possession arrest (LOL!)

https://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2019/08/12/police-mistake-bird-poop-cocaine-arrest-mxp-vpx.hln

I saw about the arrest on Yahoo Sports where the articles had the strong "QB tries to hide cocaine by claiming its bird poop" and making it sound like he was being really nefarious and evading police (the QB called the police and said he'd pull over but wanted to be in a more lit/visible area...gee I wonder why, which apparently made the police believe he was trying to ditch drugs or something incriminating). The QB got released by the college he was at right after the initial story came out. Wonder what happens now if the cops were full of bird shit.

Nov 25, 2013
I saw about the arrest on Yahoo Sports where the articles had the strong "QB tries to hide cocaine by claiming its bird poop" and making it sound like he was being really nefarious and evading police (the QB called the police and said he'd pull over but wanted to be in a more lit/visible area...gee I wonder why, which apparently made the police believe he was trying to ditch drugs or something incriminating). The QB got released by the college he was at right after the initial story came out. Wonder what happens now if the cops were full of bird shit.

The school reinstated him.

Mar 11, 2004
The school reinstated him.

That's good. I kinda wondered if he might not have decided to go somewhere else (but I think the school would have to sign off on letting him transfer, but if they had cut him and if he was on scholarship I kinda wondered if it might not become a bit of an issue).

Nov 25, 2013
That's good. I kinda wondered if he might not have decided to go somewhere else (but I think the school would have to sign off on letting him transfer, but if they had cut him and if he was on scholarship I kinda wondered if it might not become a bit of an issue).

He's their starting QB. He was reinstated very quickly.

Feb 4, 2009
Priest says Memphis woman can’t clean his home because his dog dislikes black people

Ever heard of locking dog up in room?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/priest-says-memphis-woman-t-234545375.html

You know I adopted a senior dog from Arkansas years ago.
When I first brought him home he was a typical dog that hadn’t been around people much, he was aloof, wanted to be outside all the time, he ate like a wolf.
Every morning he’d have a barking fit unlike any of his previous “wuff’s” he sounded really pissed off. After a few morning I figured out he was always barking at the black guy who lived in the other building going to his car in the morning.
I thought oh shit.....AK, out in the country, I was told the dog literally lived in a junkyard.

Fortunately he wasn’t trained to bark at black guys, something about the guy across the street set him off.

child of wonder

Diamond Member
Aug 31, 2006
I can see both points of view in this case, however, the cops should have asked if he lived there and for his ID right away. Once they had asked that and he answered in the affirmative, they should have walked with him to his bedroom, checked his ID, and end of situation rather than continuing to act with hostility towards him and moving him to the car outside.

The homeowner could have also said immediately "I live here and my name is..." rather than "I didn't do anything! Why? What for?" but totally understandable how terrifying a situation that was for him, too, to have an armed officer at his front door giving him commands.

Ultimately, it's the cop's responsibility to determine who the guy is and he didn't even make an attempt to do so for several minutes. That could have brought this situation to a quicker, less embarrassing, and less dangerous resolution.

Linux23

Lifer
Apr 9, 2000
I can see both points of view in this case, however, the cops should have asked if he lived there and for his ID right away. Once they had asked that and he answered in the affirmative, they should have walked with him to his bedroom, checked his ID, and end of situation rather than continuing to act with hostility towards him and moving him to the car outside.

The homeowner could have also said immediately "I live here and my name is..." rather than "I didn't do anything! Why? What for?" but totally understandable how terrifying a situation that was for him, too, to have an armed officer at his front door giving him commands.

Ultimately, it's the cop's responsibility to determine who the guy is and he didn't even make an attempt to do so for several minutes. That could have brought this situation to a quicker, less embarrassing, and less dangerous resolution.
I see your point now. Most burglaries and break-ins happen when the person breaking in is in their underwear.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

child of wonder

Diamond Member
Aug 31, 2006
I see your point now. Most burglaries and break-ins happen when the person breaking in is in their underwear.

Clearly the police never have anything to fear when they arrive at a residence that had a security alarm go off, discover a man in his underwear who initially only questions or argues their commands, and who has a gun. People on drugged out of their gourd would never break into a house in their underwear.

I’m amazed they didn’t immediately put away their guns and ask the man to color or bake cookies together!!!!