YAEWBT - Yet another existing while black thread. Modified to all purpose harassment

Page 10 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
A little hometown pride for you from right here in London, Ontario. Saw this on Facebook last night with no city mentioned. Prayed it wasn't from here. I am disappoint.

https://lfpress.com/news/local-news...-standoff-being-probed-as-possible-hate-crime

A man prevents a dark skinned fellow from leaving a grocery store will calling him an illegal alien and saying he was calling the police. The man attempted to leave several times but was blocked. The dick in question said he was going to make a citizens arrest if the guy left. That, of course, would have been an invalid detention.

As it stands now this looks like forcible confinement to me worthy of charges for the dick in question. The victim opted not to press charges. To make a citizens arrest in this country you have to have reasonable reason to believe someone has just committed, or is about to commit, an indictable offence. Being brown is not sufficient reason.

The police are investigating thank god.

Sadly not surprised... racism definitely isn't exclusive to the US, including the anti-immigrant kind.

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
And another:
A white businessman spit in the face of a black man just doing his job
https://www.usatoday.com/story/opin...antile-owner-spits-black-mans-face/799809002/

"Robert Stanzler (owner of the Detroit Mercantile Co. next door) was upset that some participants were parking on his property and told Mission to stop them. When Mission told Stanzler to take it up with the building owner, Stanzler jabbed his middle finger in the air and spat on Mission's face."

The spitter at least took responsibility for his actions:
Stanzler himself issued an apology late Wednesday, calling his own actions "unconscionable, offensive and disrespectful."

“I want to express my deepest apology to Mr. Ibrahim Mission, for the incident that occurred on Tuesday, July 17, 2018 during the course of an argument I had with him over parking spaces at my place of business in Eastern Market. I take full responsibility for my actions, and want to convey regret for my gross and despicable behavior during the course of my argument with Mr. Mission."

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Here's another one... Home Depot customer going after a black associate, because he had the audacity to point out the store policy for keeping a dog on a leash at all times.

Bonus: Customer says, "If it wasn't for President Trump, you wouldn't even have your job!"

Double Bonus: The black associate was actually fired for defending himself (verbally)...but has since been offered his job back with back pay.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...haring-his-story-home-depot-changed-its-mind/

Reactions: DarthKyrie

esquared

Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
Part of your bonus (from the article) was this too:
"“If Trump wasn’t president, you wouldn’t even have a job,” the customer said, according to Rucker’s retelling to NBC affiliate WNYT. “
You’re from the ghetto, what do you know?”"

These trump supporters are shameless.

Remember to vote in November.

esquared

Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
Black owner of SF lemonade stand has police called on him while trying to open his business
https://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/Black-owner-of-SF-lemonade-police-Gourmonade-13094735.php

"The owner of a high-end lemonade stand in San Francisco's Mission District said that he was approached by officers with the San Francisco Police Department on Thursday, July 19 as he was opening his business after someone in the neighborhood thought he was breaking into his own business."

"Viktor Stevenson, a black man who is the owner of Gourmonade, told AJ+ in an interview that he was checking to see if the security system for his lemonade stand was working when four cops approached him. He said one of the officers had his hand on his gun."

Nov 25, 2013
https://thegrio.com/2018/07/30/man-...has-completely-and-thoroughly-ruined-my-life/

Man caught on video hurling n-word at Black man loses business ‘This has completely and thoroughly ruined my life’

Racist motherfucker characterises incident as "mistake", and that this is something that "happened to him".

I feels

enhanced-30731-1436527800-1.jpg

Jan 25, 2011
A little hometown pride for you from right here in London, Ontario. Saw this on Facebook last night with no city mentioned. Prayed it wasn't from here. I am disappoint.

https://lfpress.com/news/local-news...-standoff-being-probed-as-possible-hate-crime

A man prevents a dark skinned fellow from leaving a grocery store will calling him an illegal alien and saying he was calling the police. The man attempted to leave several times but was blocked. The dick in question said he was going to make a citizens arrest if the guy left. That, of course, would have been an invalid detention.

As it stands now this looks like forcible confinement to me worthy of charges for the dick in question. The victim opted not to press charges. To make a citizens arrest in this country you have to have reasonable reason to believe someone has just committed, or is about to commit, an indictable offence. Being brown is not sufficient reason.

The police are investigating thank god.
Nice little follow up to this one. Even though the victim did not wish to pursue charges, the video gave police sufficient evidence to proceed with charges.

https://www.londonpolice.ca/Modules...1e&newsId=7b1e3beb-3184-4971-a8e26563eb1834d8

Assault, forcible confinement and cause disturbance.

esquared

Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
Eating while black:

"Smith College Employee Called Police On Black Student Eating Lunch"

https://www.yahoo.com/news/smith-college-employee-called-police-155251262.html

"A Smith College employee called the police on a black student who was eating lunch in a common area because she “seemed to be out of place,” the school said."

WTF? Out of place? Eating your food in a common area is out of place?

""The student, Oumou Kanoute, is working at Smith College as a teaching assistant and residential adviser over the summer. She said she was taking a break from work on Tuesday when a police officer approached her and asked why she was there.""

I also saw this one the other day in the newspaper. No one posted so here it is.
I guess we can put this in the folder of, doing good deeds while black.

Woman says supermarket called police on her while she was helping a homeless man
https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/01/us/police-called-on-good-samaritan-trnd/index.html

"Employees at a Safeway supermarket in Mountain View, California, called 911 on an African-American woman and her family because they suspected them of shoplifting, police said. Safeway has since apologized for what the store said was a misunderstanding."

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2013
Eating while black:

"A Smith College employee called the police on a black student who was eating lunch in a common area because she “seemed to be out of place,” the school said."

""The student, Oumou Kanoute, is working at Smith College as a teaching assistant and residential adviser over the summer. She said she was taking a break from work on Tuesday when a police officer approached her and asked why she was there.""

I also saw this one the other day in the newspaper. No one posted so here it is.

Woman says supermarket called police on her while she was helping a homeless man
https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/01/us/police-called-on-good-samaritan-trnd/index.html

"Employees at a Safeway supermarket in Mountain View, California, called 911 on an African-American woman and her family because they suspected them of shoplifting, police said. Safeway has since apologized for what the store said was a misunderstanding."

Just saw the one about Smith a couple of minutes ago and was coming to post it. And damn, that Safeway incident is absolutely appalling.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Eating while black:

The woman eating lunch said, "if someone thought I looked suspicious what didn't they just ask me? I speak four languages, I'm sure I could have used one of them"

I wonder if she spoke bigot??

Reactions: soundforbjt

esquared

Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
https://thegrio.com/2018/07/30/man-...has-completely-and-thoroughly-ruined-my-life/

Man caught on video hurling n-word at Black man loses business ‘This has completely and thoroughly ruined my life’

Racist motherfucker characterises incident as "mistake", and that this is something that "happened to him".
LOL @ how he's saying that it has ruined his life and his families life, which I feel sorry for his family since they had nothing to do with it. But maybe he should have thought about consequences before he acted out his racist fantasy.

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
Shame others assuming he had employees as well have to suffer for his stupidity. How mad do you have to be to become completely incapable of understanding that shit this is being recorded and this IS going to get posted and people ARE going to know it was this guy...

Did he think there would be some divine intervention post haste... A pardon of sorts...

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Camera on phones, black people's best friend.

How soon before Republicans try to pass a law making it illegal to post someone's picture on social media without their permission?

Black people using power is how gun control laws started.

mikeymikec

Lifer
May 19, 2011
LOL @ how he's saying that it has ruined his life and his families life, which I feel sorry for his family since they had nothing to do with it. But maybe he should have thought about consequences before he acted out his racist fantasy.

IMO there's more than a reasonable chance that his family / extended family is as fucked up as he is in one respect or many. This behaviour doesn't thrive in a vacuum, metaphorically speaking.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
Yet another incident. This time riding a Motorcycle in a white neighborhood while black,

https://www.dotnews.com/2018/police-dorchester-man-arrested-after-racist-rant-under-investigation

A 54-year-old Dorchester man who was arrested for disorderly conduct last Friday night after going on a belligerent, racist rant against two strangers near Adams Corner could face more serious, civil rights charges, according to Boston Police.

Paul Sheehan was arraigned in Dorchester District Court on Monday. He was the person caught on a video taken by an African-American woman who was one of the targets of his tirade. The video, posted on Facebook over the weekend, has gone viral. It shows Sheehan challenging the woman about why she is in his neighborhood and screaming at her and a Boston Police officer who intercedes. In the video, the man calls the motorcyclists “animals” and threatens them with violence if they didn’t “get out of [his] neighborhood."

The incident began about an hour after a car pursued by police smashed into a second car and a fence at the corner of Beaumont Street and Adams Street. The confrontation shown on video happened just feet away from the scene of the collision, which was followed by a foot chase and the arrest of a 31-year-old Dorchester man, who was allegedly fleeing police after striking a pedestrian on Dorchester Avenue.

According to a police report obtained by the Reporter, Officer James Doiron was blocking traffic at the corner of Chelmsford Street and Adams Street around 10:30 p.m. when he observed the suspect screaming at two motorcyclists, a black male and a black female, who had pulled over on the side of the road.

Officer Doiron, upon hearing the suspect — Sheehan— shouting profanities at the motorcyclists, rushed to separate them.

The motorcyclists left the scene after explaining to the officer that they were pulled over because of the detour (caused by the earlier crash) and were just trying to figure out where they were going. Sheehan left the scene, but returned and Officer Dorion observed him walking up Adams Street screaming a racial slur and pulling on a traffic sign pole. According the BPD report, Sheehan was repeatedly yelling "F--k that [N-word]."

Sheehan was released on personal recognizance and is due to appear back in court in October.

According to Officer Steven McNulty, the BPD's Civil Rights Division will be investigating the incident as a potential hate crime.

Sheehan is a longtime commuter rail employee. He works for Keolis, the company that operates the MBTA commuter rail.

On Tuesday, a process began to remove him from service, according to sources familiar with the investigation.

“As a local employer and a company providing a service to the public, we have absolutely no tolerance for this type of reprehensive conduct or language in or outside the workplace,” said Keolis spokesman Justin Thompson. “The matter is under investigation and we don’t comment on personnel matters.”

Sources familiar with the Keolis investigation said that Sheehan’s removal from service was the first step in his likely termination from the company.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Eating while black:

""The student, Oumou Kanoute, is working at Smith College as a teaching assistant and residential adviser over the summer. She said she was taking a break from work on Tuesday when a police officer approached her and asked why she was there."

This one caught my eye. It's located in my area, and in a liberal mecca of Northampton MA. I'm very curious who the employee is, while Northampton is very liberal and accepting, leave the downtown and it's very quickly a rural area.

esquared

Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000

esquared

Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
Yet another incident. This time riding a Motorcycle in a white neighborhood while black,

https://www.dotnews.com/2018/police-dorchester-man-arrested-after-racist-rant-under-investigation

A 54-year-old Dorchester man who was arrested for disorderly conduct last Friday night after going on a belligerent, racist rant against two strangers near Adams Corner could face more serious, civil rights charges, according to Boston Police.

Paul Sheehan was arraigned in Dorchester District Court on Monday. He was the person caught on a video taken by an African-American woman who was one of the targets of his tirade. The video, posted on Facebook over the weekend, has gone viral. It shows Sheehan challenging the woman about why she is in his neighborhood and screaming at her and a Boston Police officer who intercedes. In the video, the man calls the motorcyclists “animals” and threatens them with violence if they didn’t “get out of [his] neighborhood."

The incident began about an hour after a car pursued by police smashed into a second car and a fence at the corner of Beaumont Street and Adams Street. The confrontation shown on video happened just feet away from the scene of the collision, which was followed by a foot chase and the arrest of a 31-year-old Dorchester man, who was allegedly fleeing police after striking a pedestrian on Dorchester Avenue.

According to a police report obtained by the Reporter, Officer James Doiron was blocking traffic at the corner of Chelmsford Street and Adams Street around 10:30 p.m. when he observed the suspect screaming at two motorcyclists, a black male and a black female, who had pulled over on the side of the road.

Officer Doiron, upon hearing the suspect — Sheehan— shouting profanities at the motorcyclists, rushed to separate them.

The motorcyclists left the scene after explaining to the officer that they were pulled over because of the detour (caused by the earlier crash) and were just trying to figure out where they were going. Sheehan left the scene, but returned and Officer Dorion observed him walking up Adams Street screaming a racial slur and pulling on a traffic sign pole. According the BPD report, Sheehan was repeatedly yelling "F--k that [N-word]."

Sheehan was released on personal recognizance and is due to appear back in court in October.

According to Officer Steven McNulty, the BPD's Civil Rights Division will be investigating the incident as a potential hate crime.

Sheehan is a longtime commuter rail employee. He works for Keolis, the company that operates the MBTA commuter rail.

On Tuesday, a process began to remove him from service, according to sources familiar with the investigation.

“As a local employer and a company providing a service to the public, we have absolutely no tolerance for this type of reprehensive conduct or language in or outside the workplace,” said Keolis spokesman Justin Thompson. “The matter is under investigation and we don’t comment on personnel matters.”

Sources familiar with the Keolis investigation said that Sheehan’s removal from service was the first step in his likely termination from the company.
I think that video is a textbook definition of becoming unhinged. :eek:

Seeing that he's probably getting fired we will see some sort of excuse like:
1) Ambien
2) alcohol
3) My dog crapped in the house
4) obligatory, I am not a racist, "I have friends that are black"
5) all of the above.

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000
I think that video is a textbook definition of becoming unhinged. :eek:

Seeing that he's probably getting fired we will see some sort of excuse like: