YAEWBT - Yet another existing while black thread. Modified to all purpose harassment

Page 69 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Lezunto

Golden Member
Oct 24, 2020
It's been more than half a century since the Integration and Racial Equality battles of the 1950-1960's and here we are - back in the middle of those same wars.

There's less humans of conscience now. Less compassion. Less understanding.

Only the weapons are more plentiful.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
I am very pleased with this court decision. Central Park Karen was fired for what she did and was sued. She lost the case. Attempted the right wing defense of racism by accusing others.

Reactions: Captante

Lezunto

Golden Member
Oct 24, 2020
Aside from this piece of news, the woman is keeping a low profile. I'm happy she lost the lawsuit, too.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Watering someone's lawn is sure jerklike behavior. You do realize this thread is riddled with white people calling the cops on black people for no reason.

You should avail yourself of the data and see what people like me deal with
Why would a racist care about data?

Reactions: Lezunto

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
I grew up in a very very white suburban New Jersey town. There was like a 10% Asian population. My high school over a thousand kids had like two or three black kids.

My friend who I met after high school was this like juvenile delinquent terror. Tons of shoplifting, robbing houses, breaking into houses to rob them. Anyways he got off with nothing as a minor. Skinny Jewish kid from The burbs.

He was in court a lot though. Getting lots of slaps on the wrists. Well he would watch and see all the minorities getting arrested for shoplifting in minor things being sent off the jail and the white people mostly getting much less penalties.

When we met after high school we became like the huge potheads of the town. Eventually we did get arrested for weed but we all got a conditional discharge. Not if we were black though.

Reactions: Lezunto

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
I grew up in a very very white suburban New Jersey town. There was like a 10% Asian population. My high school over a thousand kids had like two or three black kids.

My friend who I met after high school was this like juvenile delinquent terror. Tons of shoplifting, robbing houses, breaking into houses to rob them. Anyways he got off with nothing as a minor. Skinny Jewish kid from The burbs.

He was in court a lot though. Getting lots of slaps on the wrists. Well he would watch and see all the minorities getting arrested for shoplifting in minor things being sent off the jail and the white people mostly getting much less penalties.

When we met after high school we became like the huge potheads of the town. Eventually we did get arrested for weed but we all got a conditional discharge. Not if we were black though.

More typical then atypical in America

Lezunto

Golden Member
Oct 24, 2020
There are elements are racism in many of these cases, especially the incidents that made headlines nationally.

Normally, when White cops show up on a disorderly person call, patience is rarely evident. The individual causing a problem is likely suffering a mental health crisis and is usually dealt with violently.

One summer night, Misty Castillo stepped out of her house in Salem, Oregon, called 911 and asked for the police, saying her son was mentally ill, was assaulting her and her husband and had a knife.

(From a story on PBS.org and the link is provided.)

“He’s drunk and he’s high and he’s mentally ill,” Castillo told the emergency dispatcher, emphasizing again her son’s mental condition. Less than five minutes later, a police officer burst into the house and shot Arcadio Castillo III dead as he stood, his mother said later, “frozen like a deer in headlights.”

“He didn’t try to calm him down. He just came in and immediately shot my son,” Castillo said.

Police simply have no clue how to deal with a mentally disturbed individual. They normally end up shooting them.

Elijah McCain was an unarmed 23-year old Black man who was killed after cops and paramedics in Aurora, Colo., forcibly restrained him and he was injected with ketamine.

"I believe this tragic fatality is most likely the result of ketamine toxicity," an amended coroner’s report said, adding McClain received a higher dosage of the sedative than he should have. "Simply put, this dosage of ketamine was too much for this individual and it resulted in an overdose."

This happens all across the U.S. and it’s tragic, vile and often unnecessary. The exact figures of these violent police encounters are not known because they are not compiled.

But that was not the case with the daughter of a Tulsa, Okla., district attorney. Despite allegedly stabbing her father and forcing responding cops to wrestle with her, she survived the encounter and was merely handcuffed.

Jennifer Kunzweiler, 30, remained in the hospital under police guard on Sept. 28, 2022, a day after she was arrested for stabbing her father, Tulsa County District Attorney Steve Kunzweiler, Tulsa Police Capt. Richard Meulenberg said

In interviews, her dad, quickly admitted police were dealing with a mentally ill person. When his daughter is released, she will be booked on a single count of domestic violence with use of a dangerous weapon, according to Tulsa Police Capt. Richard Meulenberg said.

But she’s alive because cops knew better than to shoot this woman. Hope she gets the help she needs. Because so many others never do.

• Wow
Reactions: DarthKyrie

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
While I don't know if what prompted this was because the young man was black or not, I'm sure it did not help his situation.
Fair warning, this one is pretty brutal in my opinion. I could not watch the whole thing and my wife wept.
How something like this can happen is just beyond my comprehension.

Edit: I put it in "code" as when I direct linked, it seems the "media" tags auto-played it (at least for me).

Code:
https://www.reddit.com/r/milwaukee/comments/y50lxf/found_on_rwisconsin_man_grabs_milwaukee_special/

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
While I don't know if what prompted this was because the young man was black or not, I'm sure it did not help his situation.
Fair warning, this one is pretty brutal in my opinion. I could not watch the whole thing and my wife wept.
How something like this can happen is just beyond my comprehension.

Edit: I put it in "code" as when I direct linked, it seems the "media" tags auto-played it (at least for me).

Code:
https://www.reddit.com/r/milwaukee/comments/y50lxf/found_on_rwisconsin_man_grabs_milwaukee_special/
Let's see if this prick is arrested. He's been doxed. There are protesters outside his house. Glad to see.

Question if a large black man put his hand around the neck of a special needs white kid, can anyone tell me there wouldn't already have been an arrest?
Video: Milwaukee Man Grips Special Needs Black Man By The Throat over a Bike (yahoo.com)

Lezunto

Golden Member
Oct 24, 2020
Cops routinely ignore criminal complaints from Blacks, even when the hue and cry is loud and sustained. This is how Dahmer got away his serial killing for so long.

Here is another case:

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002

iRONic

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2006
Pfffft.

For every racist kid outed here in Kentucky there’s a thousand racist parents telling THEIR offspring “See, don’t be gettin all liquored up. You’ll get caught and embarrass me ‘n’ yer maw!”

We’ve experienced it at my kid’s elementary & middle school. He’s half Puerto Rican and it’s obvious based on his skin color that he isn’t caucasian.

He’s head and shoulders above these rednecks-in-training intellectually and socially so he’s handled the situations with grace and put forth an amazing maturity.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Christ do you ever stop.....take a break....you must live in constant outrage mode.

Same old right wing trope.

“Why do you keep talking about this?“ vs why do these things keep happening?

Seems talking about the offense is worse then the actual offense. Remember talking about racism is the real racism

Mar 11, 2004
Says the guy who gets outraged that cops can't summarily execute people in the streets without consequences.

Was gonna say, considering how many posts from that person raging like a complete dumbfuck because people aren't ok with police just straight up murdering people. Then again that's par for the course for right wing dumbfucks, scream and howl about all manner of stupid shit, but then someone points out legitimate things to be concerned about like racism and the "why you so triggered, snowflake?" dipshittery shows up. Not that I expect anything less from the pathetic little bitch that kept running off to OT to make their shit threads because they couldn't handle their nonsense being called out in here.