YAEWBT - Yet another existing while black thread. Modified to all purpose harassment

Page 63 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

13Gigatons

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2005
Someone (likely a white person) called the cops so cops arrest him

Someone tell me how black people can open carry firearms in legal states in this environment

That very thing cost John Crawford his life

Black people shouldn't open carry. Most people don't so I don't really see the reason why they should. Seems it just gets people in trouble.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
Good. Police should be stopping people. I've been stopped four times while walking my dog.

You think police should more often just stop and question people who appear to be engaged in perfectly innocent activity, like dog walking or plant watering?

Police are most effective when trusted by the people they are supposed to protect. That sort of behavior does not engender trust. And that is true even when it isn't race based, which it probably was in this example.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Black people shouldn't open carry. Most people don't so I don't really see the reason why they should. Seems it just gets people in trouble.
I get it. Those 2A right you people cherish don't apply to black people.

Thanks for confirming what I've said all along. Any other rights people like me shouldn't have?

I'm also against open carrying but black people are entitled to the rights enjoyed by others.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
I hope Jerrod get a big settlement from the city of Rochester. Let the city go after the upstanding citizens who threw the Jim Crow style party

Mary Znidarsic-Nicosia, insisted the event, during which her lawn was decorated with buckets of Kentucky Fried Chicken, Hennessy cognac, a large cut-out of Donald Trump and Juneteenth-themed party decorations — was to make fun of liberals, not be racist.
The bizarre news conference came after a black firefighter, Jerrod Jones, filed a notice to sue the city of Rochester, where the party took place. Jones claims his boss forced him to attend the party along with several other Rochester firefighters while he was on duty.
Jones said that in addition to the KFC buckets and Juneteenth décor, there were photos of local politicians on stakes in the ground. He also said a female entertainer was there dressed as and portraying a local lawmaker in a sexual manner.

Mom accused of throwing 'racist' party denies being racist but admits racist tweets (msn.com)

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
Good. Police should be stopping people. I've been stopped four times while walking my dog.

Different country, but I've been stopped (and searched) three times over the course of my entire life. I have heard young black guys can get that in the course of a single week. Even so, every time it happened to me my opinion of the police dropped another notch. There was never any good reason for it when they did it with me - seems like they just engage in 'fishing expeditions'.

If they had a _genuine_ reason to be suspicious of someone it would be fair, but it doesn't seem that that's the way it works.

Saying that such random fishing expeditions helps catch criminals doesn't really work, because there's a huge downside in alienating people.

I suspect if cops randomly searched ex-President's homes they'd sometimes find something incriminating.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Different country, but I've been stopped (and searched) three times over the course of my entire life. I have heard young black guys can get that in the course of a single week. Even so, every time it happened to me my opinion of the police dropped another notch. There was never any good reason for it when they did it with me - seems like they just engage in 'fishing expeditions'.

If they had a _genuine_ reason to be suspicious of someone it would be fair, but it doesn't seem that that's the way it works.

Saying that such random fishing expeditions helps catch criminals doesn't really work, because there's a huge downside in alienating people.

I suspect if cops randomly searched ex-President's homes they'd sometimes find something incriminating.
I notice righties are fine with stop and frisk but let police execute a legal search warrant against one of their own they lose their fucking minds

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003

**** Disclaimer: YES somewhat obviously I'm white ****

The only times I've EVER been stopped/hassled by the Police (including times when I WAS actually up to no good!) were when I was out partying as a kid and the worst that ever happened was they dumped our beer and made us go home. (or when speeding... and then half the time I didn't even get written up!)

And this includes MANY incidents with cops who didn't know me from a bump on a log in towns other my HS home-town NOT only when my best friends bro was a PD dispatcher there and we had a real "get out of jail free" card.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lezunto

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
As John (Bill Murray) in Stripes said to a fellow Army recruit: "I wanna party with YOU, cowboy!"

One night myself and a bunch of other roughly 16-17 year-old guys got into a drunken brawl at a big out of control house party (in back-country Greenwich) and it spilled over into other (very rich) peoples yards doing some minor property-damage along the way.

Not only did the cops show up, they "arrested" all of us that didn't run off into the woods and escape.

We were "taken downtown" and thrown in a cell overnight.... and let go ON OUR OWN shortly after dawn despite being still drunk AND minors!

NOTHING ever came of it since the arrest-paperwork was mysteriously lost!

• Wow

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
As I said before: That was a really cool, but I bet scary experience.

Not really scary since we pretty much KNEW we would get off with at most a love-tap on the wrist! (except for the anticipated beating from my friends big brother the PD dispatcher when we got home... which he delivered on!)

;)

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
Not really scary since we pretty much KNEW we would get off with at most a love-tap on the wrist! (except for the anticipated beating from my friends big brother the PD dispatcher when we got home... which he delivered on!)

;)

Why did you "know" that would be the outcome?

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000

Did they ask you for your ID and arrest you if you didn't have it while walking your dog?

Is this what they did to you too?

210831-chicago-police-altercation-1x1-al-1208-1dc582.gif

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Why did you "know" that would be the outcome?

Did you miss the part about my best friends big bro being a PD dispatcher in the same town?

Things worked a bit differently locally back in the day! ;)

Also Greenwich is where much of the SERIOUS "old money" in America calls home and some of the kids involved were part of those type of families so nothing was ever really going to "stick". (remember what it took to even get a proper investigation for poor Martha Moxley and that was a murder-case)

Considering how long it took the BRUISES to heal from the beating big bro laid on us later, really being arrested might have been better and would certainly have been less painful!

:p

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2004
Oh cool 13gigatons here to tell people how its not racism that cops should be harassing people. Of all the dumbass defenses of police, his have to be some of the goddamn dumbest I've ever seen.

Him claiming he got stopped while dog walking as though its comparable to being fucking arrested is just the icing on the dipshit cake.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Not to sound "pro-police" but it says right in the article "Mr Jennings was asked to show his ID and he refused". While I'm not black and (thank goodness!) not in Alabama that would not be my approach under any circumstances.

I would smile sweetly (no matter how I felt about it) say "no problem officer" and hand the cop my drivers license despite it not being required by law. Those guys are prone to being douche-bags AND they have guns they're mostly allowed to shoot you with if they feel like it.... the poor Pastor is lucky he didn't get popped for "gardening while black" nevermind cuffed up.

:confused:

TO BE CLEAR the cops were complete dicks with their racist attitude and whomever called them because of a "strange SUV' belonging to the guy across the street that's obviously there all the time is a total POS but mouthing off to cops you KNOW are total dicks just isn't the best career-move.

Last edited:

Lezunto

Golden Member
Oct 24, 2020
To drive the point home of how the cops were being jerks, the woman who called them actually told them that the pastor was not suspicious and even apologized to him.

But as the pastor said, the cops wanted to arrest him from the get go.

And I always carry I. D. - I am not stupid.

Reactions: Captante

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
To drive the point home of how the cops were being jerks, the woman who called them actually told them that the pastor was not suspicious and even apologized to him.

But as the pastor said, the cops wanted to arrest him from the get go.

And I always carry I. D. - I am not stupid.

It's also entirely possible it wouldn't have mattered WHAT the Pastor did or said but I would have been kissing some serious redneck-cop fanny in his shoes.

It sucks so bad that stuff like this STILL happens.

:(