YAEWBT - Yet another existing while black thread. Modified to all purpose harassment

Page 59 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
What you just saw is the dream of every Right Wing loving cop in the U.S.: To have the freedom to empty their service weapons at an unarmed and frightened Black man and get to down three beers in celebration afterwards.

And handcuff him too after 60 hits because you wouldn't want him zombified and coming back from the dead, right?

CNN: Jayland Walker was handcuffed when his body arrived at the medical examiner's office, according to the autopsy report.

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
You'd think there wouldn't be anything that made less sense than handcuffing someone AFTER he had been shot that many times. But why did he arrive at the examiner's office with them still on? I understand he MIGHT have had a gun in his car, and MIGHT have shot at the police, but everything that happened after's very strange. And the police wait a week before releasing the videos. Imagine if I had done some bad shit in my front yard which was recorded and when the police asked for the footage I told them "yeap, but gimme a few days to review it first, k-thx!"

• Haha
Reactions: Lezunto

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002

i mean.....it is possible to apprehend suspects instead of executing them
Somehow they captured this guy too, unharmed who killed now 7 people. Anyone see a common thread?
Robert Crimo III captured after six killed in shooting at Highland Park July 4 parade (cbsnews.com)

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
Somehow they captured this guy too, unharmed who killed now 7 people. Anyone see a common thread?
Robert Crimo III captured after six killed in shooting at Highland Park July 4 parade (cbsnews.com)

I'm surprised they'd take anyone who kills 3 cops in alive, but I suppose white privilege does exist. Christopher Dorner (a black man) killed 2 cops and they literally burned the house he was hiding out in down as soon as they found out where he was at. The news was reporting live that it was a standoff, but the standoff part lasted like 3 minutes and the house was already going up in flames. And Dorner was an ex cop himself.

That was the shortest standoff I remember in history, I also remember a few other cops thought they saw him in a truck a few days before and instantly started unloading into it. Turns out it wasn't him, and wasn't even a man they were shooting at. If Dorner had been a caucasian man I doubt they would have been so trigger happy.

Lezunto

Golden Member
Oct 24, 2020
More White people are killed by police every year then Black but people keep trying to make this a race issue.

African Americans comprise only 13% of the U.S. population, so of course more Whites are going to die at the hands of the police. But you're ignoring the REAL truth.

Attachments

• BlackLivesMatter6.jpg
    BlackLivesMatter6.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 10
Reactions: hal2kilo

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
More White people are killed by police every year then Black but people keep trying to make this a race issue.

The per capita thing was already mentioned, but to increase the lopsidedness, look at how many unarmed black people are killed by police. For a caucasian to be killed by the police typically requires them going ape shit with an assault rifle or forcing the cops to shoot because they want an assisted suicide. Hell cops will have hours long stand offs with caucasian males who are armed to try and end the situation peacefully. But you hear stories all the time about unarmed black people getting killed, you also hear stories all the time about armed white people who've killed multiple people and are taken into custody.

James Holmes is a great example, he walked into a packed movie theater armed head, dual-welding guns and had flash bangs and shit. He proceeded to kill a dozen and injured 70 others, and he was arrested unharmed. The police nabbed him without resistance, do you think if he was black he would have been arrested? Hell, a black person that someone REPORTS has a gun might get shot, even if it turns out they didn't have one. Also, the idiot 4th of July parade shooter was caucasian, he killed multiple people and was arrested. Would have ended very differently for a black man.

White criminals have to go out of their way to get shot and killed by the police, black people sometimes die simply because they're black.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
I just read CNN's story on Jayland Walker

A handgun and loaded magazine were found in Walker’s car after the shooting, police said, along with a gold ring.

What was the reasoning for mentioning the gold ring? Maybe the police will come out with info claiming the ring was the stolen so they had to shoot him 60 times.
yet again...
IMG_0126.JPG

Reactions: KMFJD

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
African Americans comprise only 13% of the U.S. population, so of course more Whites are going to die at the hands of the police. But you're ignoring the REAL truth.
But what does a percentage even mean, if anything? Fact is more white die so its racist vs white people. Again.

13Gigatons

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2005
The highland park guy surrendered...most people surrender without incident. Also they were soft suburban cops not city cops.

City cops are usually idiots. Always over-macho and respect my authority types.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Searching for your car in the hospital parking deck after 4 days of in-patient kidney treatments...while black.

edit: Forgot to emphasize this:
She finally got to see the surveillance video after St. Louis Circuit Court Judge Joan Moriarity reversed a protective order that kept the footage from getting released. She says watching the video left her heartbroken.
This incident happened in April 2021. The video was just released to his next of kin (he died from his illness shortly after his daughter filed a lawsuit.) In the meantime, this hospital has denied any wrongdoing and sought to have the case dismissed, while simultaneously getting the footage blocked via protective order.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: KMFJD

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Searching for your car in the hospital parking deck after 4 days of in-patient kidney treatments...while black.

edit: Forgot to emphasize this:

This incident happened in April 2021. The video was just released to his next of kin (he died from his illness shortly after his daughter filed a lawsuit.) In the meantime, this hospital has denied any wrongdoing and sought to have the case dismissed, while simultaneously getting the footage blocked via protective order.
I'm sure our usual "just act white and cooperate" proponents will justify this killing

Lezunto

Golden Member
Oct 24, 2020
I agree.

I saw the look of abject disappointment on those little girls' faces. There was another video of the same character doing the same thing to another little girl.

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005

-- Police bodycam video of an officer shooting a 13-year-old boy appears to show the boy raising his hands in the air a moment before shots were fired, according to an attorney for the boy’s family.
The shooting May 18 on the city’s West Side left the boy paralyzed.
The video is from the body camera of an officer running after the 13-year-old believed to have been a passenger in a stolen car. The footage is from another officer involved in the chase.
“Let’s be clear," said Andrew Stroth, an attorney for the boy's family. "What the video shows is an unarmed Black boy, running away from the police, puts his hands up, obeying what he heard from the officers, and without cause or provocations is shot.”

defund the police

Reactions: dainthomas

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002

-- Police bodycam video of an officer shooting a 13-year-old boy appears to show the boy raising his hands in the air a moment before shots were fired, according to an attorney for the boy’s family.
The shooting May 18 on the city’s West Side left the boy paralyzed.
The video is from the body camera of an officer running after the 13-year-old believed to have been a passenger in a stolen car. The footage is from another officer involved in the chase.
“Let’s be clear," said Andrew Stroth, an attorney for the boy's family. "What the video shows is an unarmed Black boy, running away from the police, puts his hands up, obeying what he heard from the officers, and without cause or provocations is shot.”

defund the police
Let's see the follow-up on this. May require its own thread.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003