YAEWBT - Yet another existing while black thread. Modified to all purpose harassment

Page 58 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

FirNaTine

Jun 6, 2005
How about Kansas City, Mo., cops shooting an unarmed and very pregnant Black woman - FIVE TIMES?

She could not comply with screaming officers' commands to get down because of her belly. Cops could care less.

Her companion, a Black man got away briefly. They both were charged with carjacking.

I have no idea why this woman tried to leave the scene. No one can outrun a bullet.

But you're unarmed ... guess these officers wanted to show how different they are from the cowardly cops in Uvalde, Texas.

FYI, she was not only armed, she had the gun out and pointing it back towards the direction she was running from. She was found in a freshly carjacked vehicle and ran from it when police lit it up, so I would wager their was a cop back in that general direction. And from the still from the body cam posted, I would not assume she was pregnant upon seeing her.

Unfortunately bad info got out first, and this is going to be the next "Jussie Smollett" situation that will be referenced ad nauseam to try to discredit others.

Article Link

ScreenGrab.jpeg

Reactions: Drach and Lezunto

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002

just another day in florida
Dates change but the town remains the same.

I think appropriate punishment is to pay a fine, pay for the kids car repair and some sort of public humiliation.

I've seen judges sentence people to wear a sandwich board in public

Maybe "I'm sorry for racially profiling and attacking a black teen"

• Haha
Reactions: Lezunto

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
I'll just add this clip to existing thread. This is how little respect black people have gotten over this countries history. Someone actually thought it was cool to make this for kids.

Linux23

Lifer
Apr 9, 2000
I'll just add this clip to existing thread. This is how little respect black people have gotten over this countries history. Someone actually thought it was cool to make this for kids.

W in the F????

• Wow

Lezunto

Golden Member
Oct 24, 2020
There have been a few Asian commercials featuring certain detergents, skin creme and skin lightening pills that depict Black men and women turning either White or into light skinned Asians.

I've seen a few of them. In some Far East locales, Black people were likened to or viewed as demons.

• Wow
Reactions: Drach

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
White male cop running for the Rhode Island senate punches his rival a black female running for the same office at a Roe V Wade protest. The cop Lugo showed up in a counter protest group

Aspiring senator 'punches' female rival during Roe v Wade protest (msn.com)

well now...someone was actually charged

Reactions: hal2kilo

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006

I'll have to show that to my 18 year old bi-racial grandson. We live in a very small town on the WA coast. The kid has been working at one of the local pizza places, often getting off work after 10 pm. He rides a bike to/from work, wears a helmet and reflective safety vest. He's been stopped by the cops (twice by the same cop) and "talked to. "We got a report of a woman running around with a syringe hanging out of her arm. Have you seen anyone like that?" Or shit similar. Scares the shit out of him...in light of all the things that have been happening in the country.

I had a couple of conversations with the asst. chief of police about what seems to be harassment and racial profiling. Of course, the result was, "Oh, we investigated ourselves and found we did nothing wrong." "There's a guy burglarizing houses in YOUR neighborhood (true) who is a 6' tall black man often riding a bicycle and wearing a reflective vest...so our officers were duty-bound to speak to your grandson."

I told my grandson, "Sounds like the best thing you can do to fix this problem is to simply stop being black.

However, since the conversations, the cops have stopped stopping him, and now go out of their way to wave at him...and make sure he sees them waving..

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
I'll have to show that to my 18 year old bi-racial grandson. We live in a very small town on the WA coast. The kid has been working at one of the local pizza places, often getting off work after 10 pm. He rides a bike to/from work, wears a helmet and reflective safety vest. He's been stopped by the cops (twice by the same cop) and "talked to. "We got a report of a woman running around with a syringe hanging out of her arm. Have you seen anyone like that?" Or shit similar. Scares the shit out of him...in light of all the things that have been happening in the country.

I had a couple of conversations with the asst. chief of police about what seems to be harassment and racial profiling. Of course, the result was, "Oh, we investigated ourselves and found we did nothing wrong." "There's a guy burglarizing houses in YOUR neighborhood (true) who is a 6' tall black man often riding a bicycle and wearing a reflective vest...so our officers were duty-bound to speak to your grandson."

I told my grandson, "Sounds like the best thing you can do to fix this problem is to simply stop being black.

However, since the conversations, the cops have stopped stopping him, and now go out of their way to wave at him...and make sure he sees them waving..

Good for you. Let them know you are hip to their racism.

For the ignorant out there this is an example of express and inherent racism at the same time

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
This sounds good:

But is actually pointless. Emmet Till was murdered a long time ago and many more have been murdered in that time frame. What we need is to fix the countries core issues of fear and ignorance so this kind of thing doesnt happen at all. Arresting a geriatric will help no one. We must find real solutions.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
This sounds good:

But is actually pointless. Emmet Till was murdered a long time ago and many more have been murdered in that time frame. What we need is to fix the countries core issues of fear and ignorance so this kind of thing doesnt happen at all. Arresting a geriatric will help no one. We must find real solutions.
I disagree with you. Arresting her and putting her on trial would be the point. She was directly responsible for Till's murder and that doesn't have a statute of limitations.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
To be fair thats why you need to give them assault weapons, pulling the trigger like that will strain a finger and then you’re dealing with sick leave and all the bs.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: Drach and hal2kilo

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
This sounds good:

The solution is facing the truth and holding ourselves accountable. For the same reason countries still prosecute nazi concentration camp guards. We should never decide “it’s been too long”.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
90 shots, hit 60 times, summary execution, shit, the oinkers even handcuffed the body, they where still so scared

The cops say he fired from the car but as usual you have to assume the police are lying until proven otherwise.

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
I just read CNN's story on Jayland Walker

A handgun and loaded magazine were found in Walker’s car after the shooting, police said, along with a gold ring.

What was the reasoning for mentioning the gold ring? Maybe the police will come out with info claiming the ring was the stolen so they had to shoot him 60 times.