YAET: :( another ebay thread. I bought a Phone: Should i give this guy a Negative?

PlatinumGold

Lifer
Aug 11, 2000
it's only been 10 days, but buyer won't send me Tracking Info. i haven't received the package yet, every day when i email him he says, oh it will be there tomorrow. he claims he sent it fedex. he's had my money now for 10 days and still hasn't sent me tracking info.

what do you think i should do?

PlatinumGold

Lifer
Aug 11, 2000
Originally posted by: Gibson486
Fed Ex Ground?

i called fedex and they say they can't find any record of a package sent to me. but they also say it's hard to find packages without tracking info, so it's not conclusive.

:(

KLin

Lifer
Feb 29, 2000
Originally posted by: PlatinumGold
it's only been 10 days, but buyer won't send me Tracking Info. i haven't received the package yet, every day when i email him he says, oh it will be there tomorrow. he claims he sent it fedex. he's had my money now for 10 days and still hasn't sent me tracking info.

what do you think i should do?

1. fly to his hometown
2. drive to his house
3. kick his ass, seabass
4. ...
5. PROFIT

HonkeyDonk

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2001
1. why won't he give you a tracking #?

2. Has he already given you a "positive" feedback? If so, then leave a big fat negative for him.

3. Have you called his phone number from ebay info?

4. 10 days is a long time to beat around bush about shipping and the lack of communication deserves a paypal reversal or whatever.

5. Report his ass to ebay and paypal. I hate sh!tty sellers.

PlatinumGold

Lifer
Aug 11, 2000
he emailed me again today claiming Fedex said they had lost the package and that i would get it tomorrow but STILL no Tracking Info.

he is now claiming he never said he'd send me tracking info, when i have the fvcking email where he said he WOULD send me the tracking info right in front of me.

PlatinumGold

Lifer
Aug 11, 2000
what really pisses me off is, i bought a 113 lb server on the same day, it was shipped GROUND and i've already received the server but can't even get tracking info on the phone. :( sucks.

maziwanka

Lifer
Jul 4, 2000
Originally posted by: PlatinumGold
what really pisses me off is, i bought a 113 lb server on the same day, it was shipped GROUND and i've already received the server but can't even get tracking info on the phone. :( sucks.

hope you get your package dude. you're a good buyer.

Feneant2

Golden Member
May 26, 2004
I'd give him a negative, I don't take crap from people on Ebay. Some guy gave me a neutral because he said it took too long to ship from Canada to the US when it took 7 days- he even Emailed asking after 3 days to cancel the purchase so I gave him back a negative.

Koing

Elite Member <br> Super Moderator<br> Health and F
Oct 11, 2000
Ebay is DODGY at best.

Hope you get phone as your a nice guy.

Koing

Injury

Lifer
Jul 19, 2004
If you paid via paypal, go ahead and issue the reversal.

There are 3 ways for a reversal to be concluded:

-They send you tracking info (which is what you've been asking for)
-They issue a refend (Which just means it was a waste of your time, no monetary loss)
-The package arrives and you cancel the dispute

You win either way, unless he puts a rock in a box and gets tracking info on it, but then you can have mail fraud charges filed against him.

Don't take people's crap excuses ever. Saying they'll get info to you in a short amount of time, then saying it again 99% of the time means they are lying. When someone puts an item on ebay, they have an obligation to send it to you in a timely manner and you shouldn't have to badger them to get them to send it. Even if this phone arrives, I'd never give this guy a positive.

PlatinumGold

Lifer
Aug 11, 2000
i got the package today. just about an hour ago in fact. he sent it out yesterday, the moron.

after 10 days of lying he finally sent it out. anyway, i left him a neutral. i probably should have neged him but i got the phone, it is NIB. i figure i'll let him off with a neutral.