YADT: I've lost 40 lbs so far...

Jugernot

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 1999
I just weighted my self today and I've losted around 40 lbs in the last 3-4 months (6 inches off my waist!). :D

My target weight is 200lbs as I naturally have a big frame... No I'm not one of those fat people who says they are big boned, I am fat. But I do have a big frame too, so I will always weight a little more than most.

Anyway, I'm just happy. Carry on...

Jugs

Isla

Elite member
Sep 12, 2000
You should be very proud of yourself! Just remember, the important thing is to take good care of yourself, so make sure your weight loss is hand in hand with a healthy lifestyle.

And I like big guys. :)

realmie

Aug 23, 2001
wow! great job! how've you been doing it? (did you have another thread?) i need inspiration. :)

Gulzakar

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Hey now, you don't want to be small boned. Lose your weight, still be a "thick" guy...just a better looking thick guy :)

It doesn't hurt to have a little heft to ya. Congrads! It's a hard thing to do. I find that by cutting out the snacking, you can save yourself quite a bit.

DanTMWTMP

Lifer
Oct 7, 2001
Originally posted by: brunswickite
i wanna see the dramatic after pics of you holding your old 40 x 30 pants

roflmao yeah you should do that! ahhaha man..but wow congrats!! SHARE THE KNOWLEDGE! how'd u do it! i'm @ a hefty 180 (for a 5'8'', it's kinda not good...i need to be around 160)...and i need to lose 20 pounds, but i've tried a lot of things...it's pretty tough man...

Martin

Lifer
Jan 15, 2000
good for you. I lost 15 pounds in 2 months, kept it off for another 2, then gained it back during the last 3 weeks (went back to BG and my grandma kept on making yummy things you can't find you canada).

Now I'm walking 10km/day and eating less....hopefully loose it again.

BruinEd03

Platinum Member
Feb 5, 2001
Originally posted by: Jugernot
I just weighted my self today and I've losted around 40 lbs in the last 3-4 months (6 inches off my waist!). :D

My target weight is 200lbs as I naturally have a big frame... No I'm not one of those fat people who says they are big boned, I am fat. But I do have a big frame too, so I will always weight a little more than most.

Jugs

Congrats...but I think u'll have to change ur moniker soon ;)

-Ed

DanTMWTMP

Lifer
Oct 7, 2001
Originally posted by: MartyTheManiak
good for you. I lost 15 pounds in 2 months, kept it off for another 2, then gained it back during the last 3 weeks (went back to BG and my grandma kept on making yummy things you can't find you canada).

Now I'm walking 10km/day and eating less....hopefully loose it again.

ahahhahaha for some reason i find that funny :p well good rucks to that!...i gotta lose 20 pounds by end of summer :( ...cuz my mom says that i have to or she'll disown me :Q

AgaBoogaBoo

Lifer
Feb 16, 2003
:camera:?

Also, my compliments, I just hope you're eating right and not starving yourself... ;)

I don't know if this will help, but I heard instead of eating like 2 or 3 big meals in a day, eating a couple small ones throughout the day can help... just a thought

Nice job, I'd like to see before and after pics.

Ausm

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

Jugs

Could you elaborate on how you are loosing all that weight, I am really interested.

TIA

Ausm

Howard

Lifer
Oct 14, 1999
Originally posted by: ausm

Jugs

Could you elaborate on how you are loosing all that weight, I am really interested.

TIA

Ausm
Hav eyou tried the Atkindssda die

Krassus

Golden Member
Jan 30, 2003
How tall are you? I'm 6'2 and i guess i could call myself big-boned, since i've got pretty broad shoulders and such. But at 10% BF (athletic is generally 12% and below), i'm only gonna weight about 170.

SaltBoy

Diamond Member
Aug 13, 2001
Originally posted by: DanTMWTMP

ahahhahaha for some reason i find that funny :p well good rucks to that!...i gotta lose 20 pounds by end of summer :( ...cuz my mom says that i have to or she'll disown me :Q
Yowza, you got a harsh mom, there. :confused:

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
40 lbs is great..I am on a diet / exercise plan now also, started the 7th (my last workout before this was June 12th last year...I was about 175-180, size 32...1 year later 197-200 and size 34 tight) and I went from 197 - 191 as of the past saturday. Since the 7th I have been drinking at least 10 32oz cups of water so I probably gained alot of water weight, as two inches have come off my waist. My arms are up ~1/2" (15 - 15 1/4 to 15 3/8 - 15 7/8 and chest 2" (42 to 44)...however I have trained from about 13-14 until around 6 years ago so my body can go from absolute flab to pretty in shape in about 3 months....my record is 86lbs in 3 months flat, but I lost about 15-20lbs in muscle, however being almost 240lbs sucked (got a call from an out of town football buddy I hadn't talked to in years, the last thing he asked was "Someone said you got a little chunky, is that true?" that's when my weight gain hit me).

My routine now is day on day off. all 3 sets of 8-failure (shooting for 10 reps and adding weight when I can do 12), all with dumbells where I can use them.

Each about 30 to 45 mins:
Workout 1: Incline Bench, Flat Bench, Decline Bench, Pullovers, Tricep Extensions, Tricep Pushdowns
Workout 2: Bent Rows, Lat Pulldowns, Good Mornings, Bicep Curls, Hammer Curls
Workout 3: Leg Press, Leg Curl, Military Press, Lateral Raises, Front Raises, Bent Lateral Raises, Calf Raises, Wrist Curls

After Week 3 I start do abs on my off day, 3 sets to failure of crunches and leg raises.

Workouts first thing am (about 830/900), eat about 30-60 mins after my workout. Eat snack at around 2-4pm when I get more hungry than I can take and Eat dinner around 7-730pm.

Lunches are either 6 oz of tuna w/ 1 TBS Miracle Whip Lite, Lettuce, Tomato, Celery, and some pickle in a Whole Wheat or Oat Bran Pita or substitute Miracle Whip, Tuna, Celery for a 6oz Turkey Burger in a Pita.

Snack is about 10 light Tortilla chips and salsa....which is also my favorite snack.

Dinner is Japanese (my wife's cooking), usually some about 6-8oz of light meat: pork, turkey, fish, chicken, some vegetables, a soup with tofu, miso, seaweed, mushroom, onion, other vegetables. White Rice is served too, but I am keeping my night carbs down.

This diet is very calorie deficient and may not work for everyone...but for me as long as I keep drinking the water (and hitting the bathroom about every 45mins) managable. Once I get to the weight I want it's easy to watch my midsection and see when I am eating too much. I usually almost double my food intake, having more protein instead of my snack, and having lunch later and then some more protein/carbs 30-60 mins after my workouts.

I am currently starting Metabolift and Green Tea Extract again...when I lost 86lbs in three months my diet was about the same but I was on Metabolift (w/ Ephedra) and also running about 30-45mins everyday and working out 1-1.5 hours a day (overtraining)...but the weight came of as fast as over 1 pound every day my first month (lost over half the 86lbs the first month). Beginning to end I lost 6 inches off my waist (size 38 tight to 32 loose). I only stay on it three months at the most and usually will take 3-7 days off for every 4 weeks I am on. During this time I also try to avoid any extra caffeine.

Ephedra definitely is not for everyone...my resting heart rate when I am not running regularly is around 60-70...when I am running regularly it drops to 50-60....the ephedra raises my pulse about 10 beats a min...I had a friend that couldn't use it as it raised his heart rate to over 100 beats per min (or 90 something...it was high enough you could see his heart beating through his shirt)...

good luck to everyone losing weight.

Apr 5, 2000
Originally posted by: alkemyst
40 lbs is great..I am on a diet / exercise plan now also, started the 7th (my last workout before this was June 12th last year...I was about 175-180, size 32...1 year later 197-200 and size 34 tight) and I went from 197 - 191 as of the past saturday. Since the 7th I have been drinking at least 10 32oz cups of water so I probably gained alot of water weight, as two inches have come off my waist. My arms are up ~1/2" (15 - 15 1/4 to 15 3/8 - 15 7/8 and chest 2" (42 to 44)...however I have trained from about 13-14 until around 6 years ago so my body can go from absolute flab to pretty in shape in about 3 months....my record is 86lbs in 3 months flat, but I lost about 15-20lbs in muscle, however being almost 240lbs sucked (got a call from an out of town football buddy I hadn't talked to in years, the last thing he asked was "Someone said you got a little chunky, is that true?" that's when my weight gain hit me).

My routine now is day on day off. all 3 sets of 8-failure (shooting for 10 reps and adding weight when I can do 12), all with dumbells where I can use them.

Each about 30 to 45 mins:
Workout 1: Incline Bench, Flat Bench, Decline Bench, Pullovers, Tricep Extensions, Tricep Pushdowns
Workout 2: Bent Rows, Lat Pulldowns, Good Mornings, Bicep Curls, Hammer Curls
Workout 3: Leg Press, Leg Curl, Military Press, Lateral Raises, Front Raises, Bent Lateral Raises, Calf Raises, Wrist Curls

After Week 3 I start do abs on my off day, 3 sets to failure of crunches and leg raises.

Workouts first thing am (about 830/900), eat about 30-60 mins after my workout. Eat snack at around 2-4pm when I get more hungry than I can take and Eat dinner around 7-730pm.

Lunches are either 6 oz of tuna w/ 1 TBS Miracle Whip Lite, Lettuce, Tomato, Celery, and some pickle in a Whole Wheat or Oat Bran Pita or substitute Miracle Whip, Tuna, Celery for a 6oz Turkey Burger in a Pita.

Snack is about 10 light Tortilla chips and salsa....which is also my favorite snack.

Dinner is Japanese (my wife's cooking), usually some about 6-8oz of light meat: pork, turkey, fish, chicken, some vegetables, a soup with tofu, miso, seaweed, mushroom, onion, other vegetables. White Rice is served too, but I am keeping my night carbs down.

This diet is very calorie deficient and may not work for everyone...but for me as long as I keep drinking the water (and hitting the bathroom about every 45mins) managable. Once I get to the weight I want it's easy to watch my midsection and see when I am eating too much. I usually almost double my food intake, having more protein instead of my snack, and having lunch later and then some more protein/carbs 30-60 mins after my workouts.

I am currently starting Metabolift and Green Tea Extract again...when I lost 86lbs in three months my diet was about the same but I was on Metabolift (w/ Ephedra) and also running about 30-45mins everyday and working out 1-1.5 hours a day (overtraining)...but the weight came of as fast as over 1 pound every day my first month (lost over half the 86lbs the first month). Beginning to end I lost 6 inches off my waist (size 38 tight to 32 loose). I only stay on it three months at the most and usually will take 3-7 days off for every 4 weeks I am on. During this time I also try to avoid any extra caffeine.

Ephedra definitely is not for everyone...my resting heart rate when I am not running regularly is around 60-70...when I am running regularly it drops to 50-60....the ephedra raises my pulse about 10 beats a min...I had a friend that couldn't use it as it raised his heart rate to over 100 beats per min (or 90 something...it was high enough you could see his heart beating through his shirt)...

good luck to everyone losing weight.

Um, that's not healthy at all...especially considering 43 of those in the first month. Jug's is cutting it close but supposedly the greatest amount of weight you can shed per week is about 2.

Jugernot

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 1999
Whoops, I accidently switched a number in my mind when I typed the original message, I didn't lose 40 lbs. It was more like 45 to 50lbs. :)

Not much exercise... I'm too lazy. I was on a low fat diet from March to May and saw some pretty good results (2 inches or so off my waist, no idea about weight) but I was ALWAYS extremely hungry and would cheat all the time because I couldn't eat anything that I wanted. I'm a big meat eater, so it was extremely hard.

A month ago I switched to a low carb diet (no bread, pasta, rice, sugar, caffiene, etc.) but am never hungry. It's not the Atkins diet, but I'm starting that soon. I eat 3 or 4 times a day. Protein shake in the morning. Lunch and dinner is mostly chicken or beef with salad. For snacks I eat beef jerky, cheese, nuts, or other nonstarchy veggies (brocolli, cellery, cauliflower, etc.). I've also been eating lots of fruit (bananas, oranges, nectarines), but just found out that isn't good as they are filled with sugar (duhhh!)

I also drink over a gallon of water a day at work and probably another half gallon of sugar free koolaid after work.

The only real exercise, if you want to call it that, I do each day is standing and walking around at work (plus quite a bit of running up and down stairs). Standing versus sitting will actually burn quite a few calories. As a matter of fact, depending on your weight, you burn 75-150 calories PER HOUR of standing in place. If you walk around and walk up and down stairs, etc. you can add another 30-50 calories onto that. I stand at work for probably 7 hours a day, that is someplace around 1400 calories a day I burn. You only burn around 50 calories per hour sitting... BIG difference for such a small change.

As for my size, I'm a big fat guy at only 6'0" tall. I started out around 380-385 lbs in Feb. (as I've said, I'm really fat, obese, whatever you PC people want to call it) but today I stepped on the scales and it read 337lbs. You can ask anyone who knows me and I'm a big guy... but I care my weight better than most.

Again, my target weight is 200lbs (more like 220lbs, but I'll see when that time comes), so I've still got a LOOONNNGGG way to go. But I see the light at the end of the tunnel.... and I'm not letting up until I get there. :)

brunswickite, not too long ago I wore a size 60 pants... I'm talking Jerod at Subway fat. I can't wait till I can hold them up and take a picture next to them.

Jugs

fumbduck

Diamond Member
Aug 21, 2001
Way to go Man.

I'm 6'4 and weigh about 270 and am aiming for 200lbs, but its hard.

You should really throw some ephedrin into your diet. People say its bad, but it actually works great. Just DO NOT TAKE MORE THAN THE RECOMMENDED DOSAGE. If you follow the guidelines, you will be fine. anyone that has ever been hurt by it was taking well over the dosage. Ephedrin requires some excercise though, so you should spend atleast 20 minutes a day getting your heart rate up. whether it be running jogging swimming biking [sex], it doesnt matter. The results will astound you.