YADR: Yet another driving rant. I got passed today but he almost hit me, if i hadn't slammed on the brakes . . .

PlatinumGold

Lifer
Aug 11, 2000
ok, so i'm going along in the left lane passing the person in the right, i'm doing about 76 to 78 mph and the person on the right in front of me is doing like 60 to 65 all of a sudden this guy comes speeding in and almost hits me as he cuts in front of me from the right, he's doing like 85 or so.

WTF. there was barely more than a cars length between me and the car to the right when this moron decides he can squeeze in there doing like 85.

I was SOO fvcking pissed.

God i hate morons that drive like that. and none of this slow drivers stay in the right bs. i was well above the speed limit and was passing someone to the right.

bradruth

Lifer
Aug 9, 2002
Did you see him coming? If so, you should have eased over to make him slow down. That'd show him. :D

PlatinumGold

Lifer
Aug 11, 2000
Originally posted by: bradruth
Did you see him coming? If so, you should have eased over to make him slow down. That'd show him. :D

:)

i usually try not to play those kinds of games on the road.

if he had waited 2 seconds i would have passed the car on the right and been out of his way.

PlatinumGold

Lifer
Aug 11, 2000
so, what do you think was i being petty to be upset by that kind of move?? or was it just a STUPID move?

obviously i think it was a stupid move.

db

Lifer
Dec 6, 1999
There's always someone crazier than you driving out there ;)

Best thing is to realize that stress is not worth it; stop being in a hurry, and expect that there'll be crazy people driving and you just want to avoid them and let others engage them instead of you.

I've been in too many rages and it's not worth risking you life or others'. Life is too short to f**k it up early.

HappyPuppy

Lifer
Apr 5, 2001
I don't understand what you are upset about. No damage was done. You were speeding and he was an ass. Get over it.

AgaBoogaBoo

Lifer
Feb 16, 2003
Originally posted by: MercenaryForHire
Originally posted by: Howard
You should have thrown a brick at him.

:beer:

- M4H

lol

Yeah, I've seen what that's like with a little more space though. The exception in my mind is when they've got a really nice car, like 7 series bmw, porchse, etc

Evadman

Administrator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Feb 18, 2001
What city do I live in?
It can't be as bad as yours.

bradruth

Lifer
Aug 9, 2002
Originally posted by: PlatinumGold
Originally posted by: bradruth

:)

i usually try not to play those kinds of games on the road.

if he had waited 2 seconds i would have passed the car on the right and been out of his way.

It's pretty satisfying when a guy like that comes behind you when you're going the speed limit. Take your time passing the other car and make him wait. :D

oboeguy

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 1999
Maybe you shouldn't have been driving at nearly 80mph. :D

Still, the other guy pulled a bad move. I had that happen once when driving a U-Haul uptown in Manhattan. A black, umarked van squeezed between me and a city bus in exactly the same way as your lunatic did. An accident was avoided my still young reflexes (thank you U-Haul for at least keeping the brakes in good shape, if not the rest of the truck).

thomsbrain

Lifer
Dec 4, 2001
happened to me twice yesterday, both times it was late model BMW 330's, one was a coupe and the other a sedan. the first time i just tried to remain calm and let it go but when the second fvcktard did it just 10 minutes later as i was exiting the freeway (well above the limit, mind you), i gave him a nice long look at my highbeams and 30 seconds of my horn. people in 3-series bimmers are by far the most dangerous people on the freeway, in my experience. actually even the M3 people are better than the standard 3-series people.

Siddhartha

Lifer
Oct 17, 1999
One thing you have to realize: people make mistakes all the time. I know I make mistakes. I try not to take this sort of thing personally.

imported_Phil

Diamond Member
Feb 10, 2001
PlatinumGold: I feel for you mate, I get mightily p!ssed at people who drive like idiots here in the UK. There's no need for it.

However, I always remember what my Dad told me years ago- "treat everyone else on the road like an idiot". That, and pretty much that alone, is why I've never had an accident that was my fault*, but have come close.

* = I've been rear-ended and someone pulled out in front of me. Actually, twice- the second time I hit the brakes so hard I though the car would stand up on it's nose. Fortunately the other asshat realised he was about to cause an accident and stopped moving. Might have had something to do with the look on my face ;)

arcenite

Lifer
Dec 9, 2001
I saw that happen last night while I was cruisin' on 42 in jersey... I was probably 2 car lengths behind the car in front of me.. there was a car in front of him, a car about 1.25 car lengths in front of the guy right in front of me, to his rear right, and a car about the same position on his left. The guy right in front of me all of a sudden merges in front of the car to his right, barely missing him, and flys back into the lane he was in originally without even giving a second to pass the car, if the guy in front of me didnt hit the breaks, I woulda had a long night.

Bill