YACT: WTFMAYBACHBBQ!

GTaudiophile

Lifer
Oct 24, 2000
I was just cruising home on I-75/85 Northbound from the ATL airport. Around Turner Field I saw a Maybach (MSRP: $325,000+). So, I was like cool, let me catch up to it. As I approached it, I noticed it had a bright yellow ALASKA license plate with the word, SULTAN. I get along side and what do I see? One driver and one passenger: both male, both Arab-looking (olive-colored skin, dark hair, brown eyes), and both were no more than 19-21 years-old! Anyway, they were having fun with the windows down and sunroof open, cruising through downtown Atlanta. I hung with them at about 90 MPH before having to get off on GA-400. They continued on I-85 north.

Maybach + ALASKA +SULTAN + Arab Teens = OMGWTFBBQ!

alien42

Lifer
Nov 28, 2004
Originally posted by: GTaudiophile
I was just cruising home on I-75/85 Northbound from the ATL airport. Around Turner Field I saw a Maybach (MSRP: $325,000+). So, I was like cool, let me catch up to it. As I approached it, I noticed it had a bright yellow ALASKA license plate with the word, SULTAN. I get along side and what do I see? One driver and one passenger: both male, both Arab-looking (olive-colored skin, dark hair, brown eyes), and both were no more than 19-21 years-old! Anyway, they were having fun with the windows down and sunroof open, cruising through downtown Atlanta. I hung with them at about 90 MPH before having to get off on GA-400. They continued on I-85 north.

Maybach + ALASKA +SULTAN + Arab Teens = OMGWTFBBQ!

thats my neck of the woods, maybe it was me

[thinking]i am not that young, not arab, never been to alaska, and dont drive a maybach[/thinking]

ok, maybe it wasnt me

Haha, cool.

I saw a VW Phaeton yesterday (Kentucky plates, here in MI). Beautiful vehicle.

But I couldn't help thinking that the concept of the Phaeton is the opposite of the "Wagen von de Volk." :)

EyeMWing

Banned
Jun 13, 2003
Originally posted by: jumpr
Haha, cool.

I saw a VW Phaeton yesterday (Kentucky plates, here in MI). Beautiful vehicle.

But I couldn't help thinking that the concept of the Phaeton is the opposite of the "Wagen von de Volk." :)

I passed a Phaeton in my minivan last Sunday.

Weng's list of minivan "kills" of note:
VW Phaeton
VW Thing
Lotus Espirit
BMW M5
Mercedes CL55AMG (I think, was definitely an AMG)
Aston Martin Vanquish V12
DOZENS of Porsche 911's of various vintages, several turbo
Porsche 939
Porsche Boxster
Supra RZ TT (Could tell by the sound)
Old style Supra TT (Again, by sound)

In short, people who drive fast cars drive slow, except the guy in the Thing, he was going as fast as the little car would take him.

thegimp03

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2004
A friend of mine works at a bay area maybach dealership and specializes in them...He said that it's not even the owner who comes down to purchase the car. It's usually the chauffeur, and they come down to pick out what color suede they want in the car.