YACT; Would you buy this car?

Zim Hosein

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Super Moderator
Nov 27, 1999
For 25K, I wouldn't purchase the car krunchykrome.

EvilYoda

Lifer
Apr 1, 2001
Gorgeous car, but I'd buy something else with that much cash...but that's just me. And I love Audis too!

LSUfan

Golden Member
Jan 14, 2003
Originally posted by: krunchykrome
Text

Could you do better for 25K? Do you 56K miles on a twin turbo is reliable?

That's a lot of miles but a decent price for the year.

EDIT: Depends on the warranty at that price.

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
Why do even the young folks like the Audis ? They are too conservative looking. I wouldn't give them better than a 7/10 on the I'm-shallow-about-cars-so-looks-come-first scale.

SportSC4

Golden Member
Aug 29, 2002
They are real nice, my bro has one in blue. I can't comment on the price but if you do get it, I would seriously reccomend in upgrading a few things (after having it checked out to see that the turbos are in 100% working order). Forge bypass valves, MTM Bi-pipe, upgraded F-pipes. My bro was losing 10 in Hg on his vacuum due to a faulty bypass valve, we didn't realise it until we installed his Forge bypass valves. This one guy in the car club i'm in bought an S4 and had cracks and some ill fitting on the rubber parts of the oem bipipe/sections, the oem F-pipes are known to be brittle. Do these and the turbo should be fine for a long time. Preventive maintenance.

Installing the bypass valves are easy, just a little tough to remove. The F-pipes and bipipe are tough, I've yet to do it but would rather pay someone else to do them at the same time. ECU is easy to upgrade, 5 minutes (and a great boost to performance!)