YACT: Where the fsck is the oil filter on an '88 Prelude?

Eli

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
:Q:p

I know it sounds retarded, but I can't find it. Maybe it's just because it's hard to get all the way under the car, but.. where the fsck is it? General area? ;)

I've never not been able to find an oil filter...... lol

Encryptic

Diamond Member
May 21, 2003
Originally posted by: Eli
:Q:p

I know it sounds retarded, but I can't find it. Maybe it's just because it's hard to get all the way under the car, but.. where the fsck is it? General area? ;)

I've never not been able to find an oil filter...... lol

Can you get a Chilton manual or something similar to locate it? I know that on my old '85 CRX, the filter was in some fvcked up place that was hard to get to, as is the filter on my mom's Toyota Corolla.

Atrail

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2001
That sounds bad, if you can't find the filter you sure you should be changing the oil?

Jack it up and look above oil pan...

goodoptics

Platinum Member
Aug 18, 2000
Originally posted by: Pepsi90919
rear of the engine, centre, above the exhaust pipe and left axle which run below.

best guess.
What he said.

Originally posted by: Atrail
That sounds bad, if you can't find the filter you sure you should be changing the oil?

Don't forget the jack stands.

Eli

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Atrail

:p

It's freakin' hidden. The car wasn't jacked up enough for me to slide all the way to the back, that's why I couldn't find it(It's lowered, we had to pick the car up just to get the jack under it). As soon as someone pointed me in the right direction, I found it right away.

What a retarded place for it.. Almost anywhere would have been better.. :p My arm just about died trying to unscrew it because of the lack of leverage. Almost resorted to the screwdriver method.. Heh.

HiTek21

Diamond Member
Jul 4, 2002
I burned my arm on the exhaust pipe because my hand slipped while trying to remove the oil filter.