YACT: So I sat in an Acura TL Today

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ponyo

Lifer
Feb 14, 2002
I'll take Hyundai Azera over the Acura TL. Cheaper but better imo.

AMCRambler

Diamond Member
Jan 23, 2001
Te TL is nice, but way too expensive. For te kind of money you're dropping on that Acura, you can get a Lexus or an Infiniti tat is 10 times times slicker. Acuras are a dime a dozen around here. I'd rather have a G35 coupe.

Doboji

Diamond Member
May 18, 2001
too expensive...

I'd rather spend less money and get close with a Nissan Altima SE-R or a MAZDASPEED6 GT

I just don't think there's enough extra to justify the additional 5K+

-Max

hoorah

Dec 8, 2005
Originally posted by: Fenixgoon
Originally posted by: Alienwho
I haven't sat in the new TL yet. The older model wasn't anything special. The other day I sat in a new 7 Series :Q . That thing is like piloting a jet!

in the audi A8, you can get a mini fridge in the back :D

i'm sure the 7 series is just as insane when it comes to luxuries, comforts, and amenities

You can get a mini fridge in the 7, and the 5 too. Even my old BMW (93 5 series) it was an option.

raildogg

Lifer
Aug 24, 2004
Originally posted by: AMCRambler
Te TL is nice, but way too expensive. For te kind of money you're dropping on that Acura, you can get a Lexus or an Infiniti tat is 10 times times slicker. Acuras are a dime a dozen around here. I'd rather have a G35 coupe.

So you'd rather get the inferior car based upon your impression of what other people think of that brand? It is about getting the superior product, and at that price, the TL Is superior. The G35's are good cars and look even better with the 2007 model but I would get the car that is more complete and would last me a while and good decent gas mileage. But for that, I would get the TSX.

OS

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
there are no pictures but it probably won't look much different from the current since it is an update and not a redesign.

supposedly 295 HP and a type S version, introduced as an 07 model so basically this fall.

blurb here

Chrono

Diamond Member
Jan 2, 2001
Originally posted by: Doboji
too expensive...

I'd rather spend less money and get close with a Nissan Altima SE-R or a MAZDASPEED6 GT

I just don't think there's enough extra to justify the additional 5K+

-Max

Both the Altima SE-R and MAZDASPEED6 GT have nothing on the refined luxuries of the TL. The TL is sexy inside and outside, has enough power and gadgetry, but its only limits are the FWD in terms of its handling capabilities.