YACT: Replacing bumper -easy or a job for the pros?

Mar 15, 2003
The bumper on my car has been through so hard times lately.. It's been filled with BOND-O up the wazoo so I think the latest crack in it warrants a replacement.. I can get a bumber from a junkyard but the installation will cost me far more than the cost of the bumper - is it easy enough to do or should i just save up for a professional install?

my car is a 2002 hyundai elantra .. the bumper in quesiton is the rear one... The left tailgate light is also cracked but i'm guessing that's a hard installation..

DurocShark

Lifer
Apr 18, 2001
Soooo... You're talking about the rear fascia, right (The plastic bumper cover)?

If so, it's easy. But keep in mind that you may have to replace the foam and/or honeycomb structure inside as well... Plus the bumper shock mounts may need replacing as well...

Mechanically easy, but figuring out what actually needs replacing and what doesn't may be more difficult.

I say go for it!

Mar 15, 2003
Originally posted by: DurocShark
Soooo... You're talking about the rear fascia, right (The plastic bumper cover)?

If so, it's easy. But keep in mind that you may have to replace the foam and/or honeycomb structure inside as well... Plus the bumper shock mounts may need replacing as well...

Mechanically easy, but figuring out what actually needs replacing and what doesn't may be more difficult.

I say go for it!

Exactly.. The plastic cover is cracked..I don't think the actual bumber is damaged at all.. I think i will go for it- thanks!