YACT: My Intercooler's here :)

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

vegeto456

Dec 18, 2002
Haha One time my brothers and I stole the Audi Emblem off of a g35 and put it on my 89 4-Speed Nissan Sentra. It gained like 200hp.

Jan 31, 2002
Originally posted by: vegeto456
Haha One time my brothers and I stole the Audi Emblem off of a g35 and put it on my 89 4-Speed Nissan Sentra. It gained like 200hp.

That sucked even for a noob troll attempt. Want to give it another shot?

- M4H

geno

Lifer
Dec 26, 1999
Originally posted by: MercenaryForHire
Originally posted by: vegeto456

That sucked even for a noob troll attempt. Want to give it another shot?

- M4H

I'd rather he not.

An oval tube placed inf ront of the intercooler which sprays nitrous. Takes temps down a bit.
Ah, got ya

Jan 31, 2002
Originally posted by: geno
I'd rather he not.

Oh, come on. Counter-flaming him on that lame attempt would be like picking on the kids as they're getting off the Short Bus. Give him half a chance. ;)

- M4H

kenshorin

Golden Member
Apr 14, 2001
They usually go for $250-$300, I paid less than 250 shipped

Originally posted by: thedarkwolf
Is there room for that thing in a shadow :)? How about we trade? My little probe cooler would fit easy ;).

Sure, there's room ;) A trade? Only if I'm disappointed with it once I install it :p

Yep, you can make room... hell the whole reason for owning the "black beauty" is so you can rip off the whole damn fender and not care anyways ;)

Let me know when you get it installed, this I gotta see :D

shabby

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Nice intercooler, the bigger the better i say :)

Here's a pic of mine before it went under the knife :D

OrganizedChaos

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2002
I don't have pics yet, I left my camera up at school while I went home to unpack the thing. I found some pics that'll give a general idea of what it looks like though:

It's the big one here :), I found this pic on an Audi's site, reason why I mention this is that a stock IC from my car is sitting just to the right of my new one ;)

Here it is mounted in a car

Again, that Audi is not my car, and this IC isn't going in an Audi. But it is one of the biggest pieces in the HP equation with a turbo motor, so I'll definitely be posting pics once it's installed in about a couple months ;)

P.S, this isn't going in the Shelby ;) I wouldn't dare hack her up, she's staying stock

that thing is a fricken beast. i want one

geno

Lifer
Dec 26, 1999
Thanks for the compliments guys :)

M4H - You just wanna give him more ammo to flame him with... go for it ;)
LAUST - Cmon man, you've got plenty of room in that Silverado, get the Sawzall out and stuff a powerstroke intercooler in there! If they can stuff a powerstroke IC into a minivan, Im sure you can work wonders with your truck ;)

(jk I know you're not up for hacking the truck to pieces....yet)

OS

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
k
Originally posted by: OS
you should also get one of those NX intercooler ring things. :p
what's that?

Well, it's already been answered, but if you don't do the NX thing, you can atleast rig a water sprayer on your intercooler. :D

Originally posted by: RagingBITCH
Hey James - still waiting on the bushings for the TL bar right? Let me know how that goes. Oh yea - where'd you get your polished intake mani from?

yeah the bushings are still on back order as of today/monday. I also now asked a friend of mine to look into getting polyurethane bushings since the OEM ones have been out for like 2 weeks.

As for my intake manifold, I just got a tub of AL/mag polish and kept rubbing the manifold until it was shiny. :D

halik

Lifer
Oct 10, 2000
you can atleast rig a water sprayer on your intercooler
I think I should be ok with the big IC for now :D

those NO2 or whatver sprayers are only good for when youre at the track. It cools the IC down when it gets heat soaked... it doesnt help otherwise.

OS

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
Originally posted by: halik

those NO2 or whatver sprayers are only good for when youre at the track. It cools the IC down when it gets heat soaked... it doesnt help otherwise.
The nitrous cooler things are probably ok for track, but you don't want to use a water sprayer on a track. Water on any track is really not a good thing.

geno

Lifer
Dec 26, 1999
People I know with this IC say that after a few runs at the track, the intake (after the IC) is cool to the touch, heat soak isn't an issue thankfully

that thing looks really weird to me for some reason. how thick is it 2"?
Yup

How much does that intercooler weigh?
It's huge!
Not sure, maybe 15-20lbs?

Your volvo will own now, geno!
I bet your Mazda is jealous, eh?