YACT: Mazda 6 owners

MrHappyMonkey

Diamond Member
Mar 15, 2001
i have a 2003 mazda 6i with a little over 10,000 miles on it. I've had it for about a year and haven't had any problems. You should checkout mazda6club.com and clubatenza.com

Zee

Diamond Member
Nov 27, 1999
Originally posted by: GTaudiophile
Originally posted by: WannaFly
I have a mazda 3, love it :)

How many miles on it? Any problems?

I have it too but some things annoy me.

Leather not heated.
Horn sounds like a toy
sound is not too great... not... crisp... i cant quite explain it, but suffice to say, the audio in the car is "average" bordering cheap
clutch and brake (MTX) is a little too close to each other
Rear brake dust -known mazda issue
I have lifetime oilchange with my dealership but changing oil in this car is bs because of the cartridge and screw used. No cheap 20 bucks oil hole in the wall change possible

GTaudiophile

Lifer
Oct 24, 2000
Originally posted by: Lazee

Leather not heated.
Horn sounds like a toy
sound is not too great... not... crisp... i cant quite explain it, but suffice to say, the audio in the car is "average" bordering cheap
I have lifetime oilchange with my dealership but changing oil in this car is bs because of the cartridge and screw used. No cheap 20 bucks oil hole in the wall change possible

I thought Mazda fixed that oil change issue by offering a different mechanism?

TheLonelyPhoenix

Diamond Member
Feb 15, 2004
Mazda3s with 5300 miles, so far its been great. Very smooth and comfortable ride, excellent handling, looks great inside and out. I've gotten up to 36 MPG on the highway.

Biggest complaint is the wussy-sounding horn. :D

badboyeee

Nov 12, 2001
I thought I heard it would be a bitch to replace the stock stereo system, but I could be wrong.

TheLonelyPhoenix

Diamond Member
Feb 15, 2004
Originally posted by: badboyeee
I thought I heard it would be a bitch to replace the stock stereo system, but I could be wrong.

Maybe its just 'cause I was used to the sound system in the Toyota RAV4 i drove before my Mazda, but I think the sound system in it is pretty good. Its not home-theatre quality or anything, but definitely not cheap-sounding either.

NutBucket

Lifer
Aug 30, 2000

HU is integrated into the center stack. There's no way to remove it. The only option is to add another one somewhere else. Where I'm not sure.

badboyeee

Nov 12, 2001
Originally posted by: NutBucket

HU is integrated into the center stack. There's no way to remove it. The only option is to add another one somewhere else. Where I'm not sure.

okay ya, thats what i heard... you would have to customize alot.. does that car have all 5x7 speakers?

Zee

Diamond Member
Nov 27, 1999

Leather not heated.
Horn sounds like a toy

i have the 2004

by the way, this whole thread's been hijacked from the 6 to the 3 :p

TheLonelyPhoenix

Diamond Member
Feb 15, 2004

Leather not heated.
Horn sounds like a toy

i have the 2004

by the way, this whole thread's been hijacked from the 6 to the 3 :p

Mazda3 r0x

flyers1

Golden Member
Feb 7, 2001
I have an 03 Mazda 6s 15K miles....love it.

If you're looking, wait till the 05's come out. They have better transmissions from what I've heard. 6 speed automatic or manual. I have an automatic and if I had it to do all over again, I'd get a manual. Otherwise, it is a great car.

TheLonelyPhoenix

Diamond Member
Feb 15, 2004
Originally posted by: elanarchist
How much you guys paying for these things (the various 3 and 6 models)?

19k for mine w/ dealer discount. Mazda3s with sports package, safety package, moonroof, 6 CD-changer, and leather interior.

Codewiz

Diamond Member
Jan 23, 2002
2003 Mazda 6 with 19k miles. Only problem is rattles. I can't seem to locate where certain rattles are occuring so it is difficult to fix.

TheAudit

Diamond Member
May 2, 2003
My (soon-to-be) mother in-law has a 2004 Mazda6. She loves it and she is coming off of a 2000 Accord. I?ve driven it and it drives rather well (Mazda fanboi here).

SuRgEoN

Oct 20, 1999
I just bought my 6 about a month ago. I love the car, it's actually exceeded my expectations. I dont think you can go wrong with this car.

Rallispec

Lifer
Jul 26, 2001
test drove the 6i with my girlfreind this past weekend.... Originally we were looking at the scion TC and corolla... But decided it would be worth the money to buy a nicer car... As of right now the 6 is on the top of our list - we both really liked it.