YACT: Looking for a different car this spring need some opinions.

Fiveohhh

Diamond Member
Jan 18, 2002
Right now I drive a 93 Taurus SHO most of the year, once the snow falls I switch to a 90 Subaru Legacy winter beater. The SHO has no rust and 70k, so I want to sell it this spring and get a different car to drive year round, and use the old Subaru as a back up. I'm curious what all wheel drive cars are around that have some get up and go. I really want AWD, and some guts. looking to spend under 10k.

Anyone has any opinions on the audi A4 quattro would be appreciated at the top of the list now

isekii

Lifer
Mar 16, 2001
have you looked into the Suburu 2.5RS ?

You might be able to find one with decent mileage.

Fiveohhh

Diamond Member
Jan 18, 2002
Haven't really looked much recently. Just starting my search, figured it would most likely be a Subaru. I'll check into the 2.5 RS thanks

isekii

Lifer
Mar 16, 2001
If all else fails, I guess you can find a Audi A4 Quattro. Like 96-97ish at that price range.
I really don't know if you'd want one tho. Maintainance would be crazy on that thing :(.

Flyermax2k3

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2003
Get a DSM in good condition (that's a key) or an Audi. If you want AWD these are at the top of my list, with Subaru. I can't think of any cars in that price range I'd want to purchase other than a DSM or an Audi though... Subaru has some decent cars in that price range but they can't touch the sportiness of the DSM or the refinement of the Audi.
just my opinion.

mAdD INDIAN

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 1999
Originally posted by: Fiveohhh
Right now I drive a 93 Taurus SHO most of the year, once the snow falls I switch to a 90 Subaru Legacy winter beater. The SHO has no rust and 70k, so I want to sell it this spring and get a different car to drive year round, and use the old Subaru as a back up. I'm curious what all wheel drive cars are around that have some get up and go. I really want AWD, and some guts. looking to spend under 10k.

Anyone has any opinions on the audi A4 quattro would be appreciated at the top of the list now

DON'T SELL THE SHO!!!

You seem to have a pristine example of a SHO. Don't sell it. Or if you must, sell it to someone who appreciates it.

Man you might regret selling the SHO.

Fiveohhh

Diamond Member
Jan 18, 2002
I don't wanna sell it, but figure I can get a decent amt of $ for it with lower miles(had 56k 2 yrs ago when I got it) By far my favorite car, but sick of driving a beater car in the winter.

Fiveohhh

Diamond Member
Jan 18, 2002
Originally posted by: krunchykrome
Audi A4, Subaru 2.5 RS, Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4, Eclipse GSX, Eagle Talon GSI

think my top 2 now are the a4 or the 2.5 RS. I don't want something too sporty looking, I like having a sleeper:)