YACT: Looking for a comfortable, functional, good looking

Chunkee

Lifer
Jul 28, 2002
Does anything like this exist...either its ugly, gets crappy gas mileage, has the worst seats in history or is just an expensive POS...arrrgh.

JC

EngenZerO

Diamond Member
Dec 24, 2001
what about the new mazda csv...

or if you dont mind used... you could look @ a used 01-02 lexus rx300, those run in the 22K ball park now and they are comfy, look good, and get decent gas mileage, and has the reliability...

lokiju

Lifer
May 29, 2003
Originally posted by: tbike06
Toyota RAV4? Honda CRV?

Those are both compact size SUV's.

For midsized I'd look a the new Hyundai Santa Fe, Toyota Highlander, Chevy Equinox/Pontiac Torrent or Honda Pilot.

Out of all the above I'd say the Hyundai is the best value for what you get and the Honda is the nicest all around choice but cost a bit more.

My uncle just got a brand new Honda Pilot for $21,000 out the door after much haggling and going through Costco of all places to buy it.

Chunkee

Lifer
Jul 28, 2002
Originally posted by: lokiju
Toyota RAV4? Honda CRV?

For midsized I'd look a the new Hyundai Santa Fe, Toyota Highlander, Chevy Equinox/Pontiac Torrent or Honda Pilot.

Out of all the above I'd say the Hyundai is the best value for what you get and the Honda is the nicest all around choice but cost a bit more.

My uncle just got a brand new Honda Pilot for $21,000 out the door after much haggling and going through Costco of all places to buy it.

#$@)(*$#)(*#)_$*#$ How is that possible...base one is 27 grand...good lord.

jC

slsmnaz

Diamond Member
Mar 13, 2005
I love my Xterra. If you want to save a few bucks, and really don't need it, then get the 2wd models. It will save you some bucks on price, gas and insurance.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Somebody recommended the Ford Freestyle to you in your last thread, what about that?

lokiju

Lifer
May 29, 2003
Originally posted by: Chunkee
Originally posted by: lokiju
Toyota RAV4? Honda CRV?

#$@)(*$#)(*#)_$*#$ How is that possible...base one is 27 grand...good lord.

jC

Thats what I said to him, but he's the biggest haggler I've ever known, he lives for finding and getting the best deal possible.

He said going through Costco they just go through a local Honda dealer but give him an automatic discount over what someone else would get not using Costco.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Highlander Limited. You should be able to snag a two or three year old one with under 40k miles for that price range.

Fits all criteria.

lokiju

Lifer
May 29, 2003
Originally posted by: KnightBreed
Ford Edge goes on sale in a couple months, but I don't think the prices have been announced yet.

Looks like the Chevy Equinox IMO.

Dr. Detroit

Diamond Member
Sep 25, 2004
Suzuki XL7 - Car &driver recently rated it and said it did everything well.

Ford Escape/Maxda Tribute

Jeep Grand Cherokee

Nissan Pathfinder, base model can be had for $24K

Ford Freestyle Seating for 6

Chrysler Pacifica - would be my choice out of the above if I valued a smooth car like ride and seating for 6