YACT: just had my first experience slipping with RWD yesterday

z0mb13

Lifer
May 19, 2002
This is my first RWD car I have, and I had a minor slippage yesterday:

It was raining, and I was turning left... since the road is empty I tried to gun it a bit when I make the turn.. but then a slip occured! nothing serious, I was able to regain control shortly.. I may have accelerated when my rear tires were on a puddle..

I never experienced this when I drive a FWD car.. gotta be more careful from now on!

edit: added YACT to title

Demon-Xanth

Lifer
Feb 15, 2000
Around my work, the roads are extremely slick when it rains. Quite often I get some third gear tail wagging, I've just learned to work with it.

Viper GTS

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
How is that a bad thing?

As long as you don't hit anything it's all in good fun.

:)

Viper GTS

Red

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2002
Hehe, try to find the thread about me in my 85 RWD Celica. I did the exact same thing as you (Turning left, wet road, decided to hit the gas)...

I did a donut in the middle of a busy intersection @ 8:00am in the morning. I was very embarassed. Didn't keep the car long enough to learn to have fun with that kind of thing. It wasn't fun.

CraigRT

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000
RWD is fun
me and my friend used to have a ball in the winter in his 92 240SX.... fun for hours :p

nife4

Nov 24, 2003
Originally posted by: Redhotjrm
Hehe, try to find the thread about me in my 85 RWD Celica. I did the exact same thing as you (Turning left, wet road, decided to hit the gas)...

I did a donut in the middle of a busy intersection @ 8:00am in the morning. I was very embarassed. Didn't keep the car long enough to learn to have fun with that kind of thing. It wasn't fun.

yes... learn to control it... that's when the fun kicks in... it will rain and you will go driving just to do some hydroplaning.... so fun

GtPrOjEcTX

Lifer
Jul 3, 2001
RWD is fun. In my '92 firebird I was parking in an empty lot at night with fiance in the car. it was raining so the lot was wet and I did a 180 into a spot. quite fun. fiance was ticked off at me though. no more doing that with her in the car.

z0mb13

Lifer
May 19, 2002
Originally posted by: Viper GTS
How is that a bad thing?

As long as you don't hit anything it's all in good fun.

:)

Viper GTS

its not a bad thing at all!! :)

I actually chuckled after that happened (well after the initial shock)

just want to be more careful in the future, so I dont do this when other cars are around...

the car is a 330ci