YACT: It's too freaking cold... (Update)

Quixfire

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2001
It's too cold to be working on cars tonight, but I tried to fix my stepbrothers blower motor anyways. After removing the unit I needed to tap the blower wheel off the shaft. As I was happily tapping away the plastic blower wheel cracks right down the side rendering it useless. I am very upset, all this time spent taking it out on the only night that we aren?t suppose to be getting snow and I can?t finish the job.

1994 Toyota Tercel

Update:
Well it's fix now and I have cold fingers and toes, I need better work boots, but at least the customer will have heat again. And to think this lousy job only pays $35.00 to replace the motor.

FoBoT

No Lifer
Apr 30, 2001
fobot.com
bummer

yes, its cold. i didn't shovel the snow and now they are saying it is staying below freezing this whole week and might snow again on the weekend

i guess i should have shoveled

Quixfire

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2001
Well the good news is the blower motor and wheel assembly is cheaper than the blower motor I already ordered. The bad news is the shipping is going to cost $40.00 to get by Friday. :|

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Unfornately I don't move to Phoenix until June :(

Wish I was down there right now. 74 sounds a lot more inviting than -4 :(

thomsbrain

Lifer
Dec 4, 2001
i tried to replace the blower in my accord once. i got as far as getting the glove compartment out and some screws undone, and then gave up. so even if the wheel cracked on you, i still tip my hat to you. :)

CraigRT

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000
that's a shame.. ouch

it's too cold here to do anything like that.. if something broke, i probably wouldn't drive at all.

Gee, all I did was split the skin on all my fingers this morning while working under a POS Ford ;):)

J/K

:)

dethman

Lifer
Oct 12, 1999
one reason i hate the east coast is i can't work on my car for months during the winter.

sillymofo

Banned
Aug 11, 2003
:music: ... welcome to the hotel California, it's a lovely place.....:music:
Did I hear some one complaining about cold weather? :evil:Muwaahahahahahahahahaha :evil:

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
Originally posted by: cr4zymofo
:music: ... welcome to the hotel California, it's a lovely place.....:music:
Did I hear some one complaining about cold weather? :evil:Muwaahahahahahahahahaha :evil:

Hehehe, I love living in San Diego...I was sitting out on my patio in a t-shirt and sweat pants earlier this evening.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Originally posted by: imtim83
Oh well. I love really cold weather.

I used to enjoy it myself. But now i hate it. heck tonight its 1F! bah!

I used to live in New Mexico. i shouldnt have moved heh

Quixfire

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2001
Originally posted by: Roger
Gee, all I did was split the skin on all my fingers this morning while working under a POS Ford ;):)

J/K

:)
All I have done this morning was bang my head on the hood of a quality Ford product. ;)

Beller0ph1

Golden Member
Apr 18, 2003
Bah...when I woke up this morning, it was -11 here in Madison, WI. And that's not including the wind chill (-26). And I have to walk 15 mins to class, uphill both ways...

Quixfire

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2001
Update:
Well it's fix now and I have cold fingers and toes, I need better work boots, but at least the customer will have heat again. And to think this lousy job only pays $35.00 to replace the motor.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
Originally posted by: FoBoT
bummer

yes, its cold. i didn't shovel the snow and now they are saying it is staying below freezing this whole week and might snow again on the weekend

i guess i should have shoveled

I waited until last night to shovel my drive. The landscapers had been by with the plow but all they did was pack it down on my drive :|

It was wierd, because the snow peeled up like huge sheets of 2 inch thick styrofoam from my drive (largest piece was 4'x5' :Q). I was lucky it never got above freezing, or all that would have been ice and impossible to get up.

It was -10 here last night when I shoveled. My fingers and toes ached when I got in the house.