YACT: Imports vs Domestics...is there really a debate??

Jzero

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
LMFAO!!!!!
I love it. I don't even know this material all that well, too!

KokomoGST

Diamond Member
Nov 13, 2001
Clueless article... some "imports" are domestic... and vice versa. A Vette ZR1 is "powered by Lotus" :p
Most turbocharged cars use Garrett turbos... American. What is a DSM? It's called an Import, but it was assembled in the USA. Just the engine is from Japan. That's more than you can say about a lot of "domestics"...

In the end, who in the frying freakazoid cares? Nice cars are still nice. Sucky cars still suck @$$.

Marshallj

Platinum Member
Mar 26, 2003
Originally posted by: KokomoGST
Clueless article... some "imports" are domestic... and vice versa. A Vette ZR1 is "powered by Lotus" :p
Most turbocharged cars use Garrett turbos... American. What is a DSM? It's called an Import, but it was assembled in the USA. Just the engine is from Japan. That's more than you can say about a lot of "domestics"...

In the end, who in the frying freakazoid cares? Nice cars are still nice. Sucky cars still suck @$$.

The article was a joke. No need to take it seriously.

geno

Lifer
Dec 26, 1999
Originally posted by: Tyler
Originally posted by: geno
Originally posted by: minendo
Originally posted by: geno
man it's been a while since I've said EVAR!!! ;)
When was the last time you said Repost?;)

searched and found nothing :p feel free to provide a link ;)
link :p

welp, in the end, minendo still couldn't come up with the link. On top of that, the title doesn't even lead to there being a YACT so :p :D

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
At first I thought he was trying to be serious...but about three sentences into it, I decided it couldn't have been.

Cyberian

Diamond Member
Jun 17, 2000
Originally posted by: Jzero
His definition of "A RPM" is classic.
Man, I had to read that part two or three times to make sure I understood what he was talking about!