YACT - exhaust problems

Greyd

Platinum Member
Dec 4, 2001
the exhaust system corroded off right after the catalytic converter. Seems I'm gonna have to get everything after the converter replaced with the exception of the muffler. Anyone have any recommendations for any national stores/chains to do this? Anyone have an idea of how much this is and if I could do it for cheaper somehow? I'm poor.:(

Thanks

Eli

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
If you really don't have the money to fix it right now, why bother?

Wait until you get some money, unless you have to go through inspection in the next month or something, enjoy the new exhaust note. :p

HappyPuppy

Lifer
Apr 5, 2001
Get quotes from a few local independent muffler shops. The chain stores will most likely try to rip you off.

Greyd

Platinum Member
Dec 4, 2001
Originally posted by: Eli

Wait until you get some money, unless you have to go through inspection in the next month or something, enjoy the new exhaust note. :p

Its VERY VERY loud. :p Like the whole car shaking loud. Besides I'm not completely broke - just need to go as cheap as possible.

Colt45

Lifer
Apr 18, 2001
man, with all that noise you just added 50000hp. now put on a type-R sticker and go racing

Eli

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Greyd

Its VERY VERY loud. :p Like the whole car shaking loud. Besides I'm not completely broke - just need to go as cheap as possible.
Yea, I suppose it is pretty loud. ;)

The whole exhaust system fell off my moms old '83 Camry, right at the manifold. She drove it around like that for months, it's amazing she never got pulled over I guess. The thing sounded like a harley.

I would say definately avoid the chains. They're going to rip you off. It shouldn't really be that expensive.. IIRC, my dad got a whole new exhaust system put on his truck at a local mom & pop shop for like 100$.

Call around & pick the cheapest place.

Sundog

Lifer
Nov 20, 2000
Originally posted by: Colt45
man, with all that noise you just added 50000hp. now put on a type-R sticker and go racing

And don't foget to add a snazzy wing on the back.

Greyd

Platinum Member
Dec 4, 2001
Originally posted by: Greyd

Yea, I suppose it is pretty loud. ;)

The whole exhaust system fell off my moms old '83 Camry, right at the manifold. She drove it around like that for months, it's amazing she never got pulled over I guess. The thing sounded like a harley.

I would say definately avoid the chains. They're going to rip you off. It shouldn't really be that expensive.. IIRC, my dad got a whole new exhaust system put on his truck at a local mom & pop shop for like 100$.

Call around & pick the cheapest place.

Ooo that sounds good...I'll call around.

Compton

Platinum Member
Feb 18, 2000
on some car models you can go to the parts store and they can special order the exhaust pipe. it'll be bent to fit your car perfectly. just slide the pipes together and use an exhaust clamp. if this is a viable option for you, it would save quite a bit of money.