YACT: Escape vs. Tribute

GasX

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
I know that Mazda and Ford codeveloped them and that they basically are the same car. What are the differences? Are any of them meanignful or are they just differences in pre-packaged trim levels?

Quixfire

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2001
Originally posted by: Mwilding
I know that Mazda and Ford codeveloped them and that they basically are the same car. What are the differences? Are any of them meanignful or are they just differences in pre-packaged trim levels?
Yep

Quixfire

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2001
Yes, the current build Escapes/Tribute have a better quality rating than the first year models.

CChaos

Golden Member
Mar 4, 2003
I think Mazda offers a slightly better warranty and incentives/financing. We have a '04 Escape and it's pretty sweet.

Almost forgot, there's some good info at www.escape-central.com if you didn't know about it.

notfred

Lifer
Feb 12, 2001
I want my damn hybrid Escape. When the hell will they finish it? I figure I can buy one two years after that, when they've got the initial problems worked out.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Originally posted by: notfred
I want my damn hybrid Escape. When the hell will they finish it? I figure I can buy one two years after that, when they've got the initial problems worked out.
It's a Ford. The "problems are worked out" when you sell it.

RagingBITCH

Lifer
Sep 27, 2003
Originally posted by: Skoorb
Originally posted by: notfred
It's a Ford. The "problems are worked out" when you sell it.

Much like any Nissan vehicle. Oh yea - Toyota is providing the key components for the Escape Hybrid, which is the reason for the delay.

Parrotheader

Diamond Member
Dec 22, 1999
My wife really wants one of these. Don't think we're going to get one right now, but in the initial research I did the only major difference seemed to be in trim packages. The Mazda seemed to have more goodies standard, but was also a bit more expensive. At the time though (this was at the end of last year), the Mazda had better incentives.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Toyota is providing the key components for the Escape Hybrid, which is the reason for the delay.
Yep, Ford has to go to Toyota for help - the company that will ultimately usurp Ford's numero uno position. Ouch!

RagingBITCH

Lifer
Sep 27, 2003
Toyota is providing the key components for the Escape Hybrid, which is the reason for the delay.
Yep, Ford has to go to Toyota for help - the company that will ultimately usurp Ford's numero uno position. Ouch!

Toyota is already ahead of Ford worldwide. Ford is #2 in the U.S. What are you talking about?

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Originally posted by: RagingBITCH

Toyota is already ahead of Ford worldwide. Ford is #2 in the U.S. What are you talking about?

:eek: Guess I was a couple weeks late ;)