YACT: Backfiring

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Toastedlightly

Diamond Member
Aug 7, 2004
Originally posted by: Iron Woode
Originally posted by: Toastedlightly
Now I feel dumb. I think this carb has had the vacuum for advance all along. Lemmie take a pic of the port and see what you guys think.

That was it. Turns out I missed a gasket when I rebuilt it (a small circular one). Replaced it, now I have vacuum advance. Thanks for all the help :)
Yup, those gaskets can be a pain.

Don't you have a vacuum gauge?

Yea. I coudlnt' find a reference to this vacuum source. I used the gauge on it and it was barely pulling anything. Now that I fixed the gasket, the truck is running like a dream. Now it is time to learn to drive a manual....

(I feel ratehr dumb for missing something)

Iron Woode

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: Iron Woode
Now I feel dumb. I think this carb has had the vacuum for advance all along. Lemmie take a pic of the port and see what you guys think.

That was it. Turns out I missed a gasket when I rebuilt it (a small circular one). Replaced it, now I have vacuum advance. Thanks for all the help :)
Yup, those gaskets can be a pain.

Don't you have a vacuum gauge?

Yea. I coudlnt' find a reference to this vacuum source. I used the gauge on it and it was barely pulling anything. Now that I fixed the gasket, the truck is running like a dream. Now it is time to learn to drive a manual....

(I feel ratehr dumb for missing something)
very common mistake.

What kind of carb is it?