YACT: audio people, question

Oct 9, 1999
i have a SFF with a usb sound blaster thingy and then a 1/8" speaker cord going to rca cables and then to my aux. cable on the back of my deck, when playing movies/mp3's off the PC if I turn it up (not extremely loud but kinda loud) I get a whine/electrivcal noise kinda like noise.

is that coming from the cable or what?

I was looking at this thing here, do you think this would fixf the problem?

LMK if ya need more info

NutBucket

Lifer
Aug 30, 2000
It'd probably do the trick. Also, make sure the computer's chassis is well grounded to the car.

MikeMike

Lifer
Feb 6, 2000
first make sure your RCA's arent near your power wires, that could be your problem right there, and saves you 20$.

MIKE

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
the reason you get that hiss is because of the output of the comp, turn the comp volume down alot and JUST use teh stero volume and it should be noticibally less, works teh same way for home steros

Oct 9, 1999
thx alot, ill try the comp volume first, then ill take a trip to radioshack as a last resort, ashame i didnt think of that anubis:)

thx ill post with an update

Howard

Lifer
Oct 14, 1999
Originally posted by: Anubis
the reason you get that hiss is because of the output of the comp, turn the comp volume down alot and JUST use teh stero volume and it should be noticibally less, works teh same way for home steros
The signal generators should be loudest... The "closest" volume control should be the lowest.

NutBucket

Lifer
Aug 30, 2000
Originally posted by: Howard
The signal generators should be loudest... The "closest" volume control should be the lowest.

Its also because the s/n of the computer's amps are most likely lower then that of your HU/amps.

Aquaman

Lifer
Dec 17, 1999
Originally posted by: NutBucket

Its also because the s/n of the computer's amps are most likely lower then that of your HU/amps.

Off topic but............. CANUCKS BEAT DUCKS 2-1 :D :D :D

Go Canucks GO!!! :D :D :D

Cheers,
Aquaman

NutBucket

Lifer
Aug 30, 2000
Originally posted by: Aquaman
Originally posted by: NutBucket

Off topic but............. CANUCKS BEAT DUCKS 2-1 :D :D :D

Go Canucks GO!!! :D :D :D

Cheers,
Aquaman

Ugh. This is not a good season to be a hockey fan in SoCal:(