YACT: A dealer hates me!

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

TheLonelyPhoenix

Diamond Member
Feb 15, 2004
Originally posted by: slick230
Originally posted by: GTaudiophile
Originally posted by: RadeonGuy
pics of the car

maybe after i've purchased it :)

Just tell us what kind of car your are purchasing that is causing all this bullsh!t, and stop being a dick and avoiding the question. :|

I think I know what it is.

Won't give it away until GTaudiophile says its okay though... I'd hate to ruin the suspense. :)

PowerMac4Ever

Banned
Dec 9, 2000
Originally posted by: slick230
Originally posted by: GTaudiophile
Originally posted by: RadeonGuy
pics of the car

maybe after i've purchased it :)

Just tell us what kind of car your are purchasing that is causing all this bullsh!t, and stop being a dick and avoiding the question. :|
Uhh, you just stumbled on the whole reason he created this thread. He was expecting someone to ask what car he was getting within the first few replies... so he can smuggly say "subaru legacy" or whatever car he's been talking about nonstop for the past 5 months. Too bad not everyone thought he was the Mr. Badass Car Negotiater he believed he made himself out to be. And hence the 50+ replies before yours.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
hmm from what i understood new cars (we own 3 USED car dealerships so only limited experance with new) is that the dealership does not really own the car. they just have them on the lot. So the manufacture is kind of leasing a spot for the car and when it sales they then pay for the car and get the profit out of that.

So dealer A would have to give the car to Dealer B.

But anyway you NEVER tell the dealership the name of the ones you are also talking to. Just tell them that they you are talking to other dealers.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
That varies by manufacturer, waggy.

Glad to hear it worked out, GT. Congrats on the new car! :thumbsup::)

Dec 4, 2002
I read this whole fvcking thread about dealer A wanting to blow dealer B but dealer B has STDs and all this other bullshit. I realize you had to "dumb" it down so the majority of ATOT could understand what you're saying...all I want to know is, WHAT CAR ARE YOU BUYING? ;):beer:

GTaudiophile

Lifer
Oct 24, 2000
Originally posted by: waggy
hmm from what i understood new cars (we own 3 USED car dealerships so only limited experance with new) is that the dealership does not really own the car. they just have them on the lot. So the manufacture is kind of leasing a spot for the car and when it sales they then pay for the car and get the profit out of that.

But anyway you NEVER tell the dealership the name of the ones you are also talking to. Just tell them that they you are talking to other dealers.

Dealer A never knew the name of Dealer B/salesrep at B. At least I never told them.

shilala

Lifer
Oct 5, 2004
Keep shopping. I wouldn't give dealer A a dime. Car dealers are the scum of the earth anyways.
Dealer A knows why Dealer B wants the car. They're not stupid.

Kevin

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2002
Originally posted by: waggy

In most cases its some kind of financial institution that basically owns the car and the dealer pays interest on it while it sits on the lot...