YABulldozerT: AMD FX Processor Prices Lower Than Expected

Page 9 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Crap Daddy

May 6, 2011
In the majority of the games 2600K and even 2500k is faster than 980x with which BD is compared and all across the board is on par not better.

classy

Lifer
Oct 12, 1999
In the majority of the games 2600K and even 2500k is faster than 980x with which BD is compared and all across the board is on par not better.

The 2500K and 980X are comparable when it comes to games. So if the slides hold true, the 8150 will be comparable to or superior to the 2600K in multi threaded apps and produce gaming scores in the 980X/2500K territory. Also this is not the top flight bulldozer either. Add to the fact if you buy an AM3+ platform you won't need to upgrade for a bit because they have already said the enhanced versions will be compatiable.

Obviously we need clear reviews, but if these slides bare the true expected performance, AMD is back in the game.

vrait

Aug 10, 2010
The 2500K and 980X are comparable when it comes to games. So if the slides hold true, the 8150 will be comparable to or superior to the 2600K in multi threaded apps and produce gaming scores in the 980X/2500K territory. Also this is not the top flight bulldozer either. Add to the fact if you buy an AM3+ platform you won't need to upgrade for a bit because they have already said the enhanced versions will be compatiable.

Obviously we need clear reviews, but if these slides bare the true expected performance, AMD is back in the game.

Are you sure BD-E will be compatible with AM3+? I've read otherwise.

RussianSensation

Elite Member
Sep 5, 2003
The 2500K and 980X are comparable when it comes to games.

This is a big misconception that has been thrown around many times.

2500k/2600k overclock vs. 980X overclocked are comparable not only in games:

Review 1

Review 2

980X does really well in encryption, wPrime, rendering and video transcoding. It still can't beat SB in photoshop, image editing, games, archiving, audio processing, or power consumption.

If BD brings performance between 2500k and 2600k for $205, that's going to be awesome. But as we have seen for many many years with AMD and NV GPU slides, corporate slides tend to over-exaggerate real world scores in favour of the presenter.

Nemesis 1

Lifer
Dec 30, 2006
So what? Didn't your wife do the same before C2D launch? Yes, C2D launch was spectacular and in the end you were right. Why can't you give them a chance.. and do the talking after BD launches?

Why when I already know. I just countering false statements. Now after the fact do YOU see the error of your ways . After the fact . I am sorry I was so hard on JF . But it took alot smarter man than myself for me to see the position some find themselves in . I already new this from lifes lessons. But didn't apply it to microarch and companies . Life is all about flow and frequency

and sometimes I loose site of this . My mistake . That I have to correct.

Last edited: