Y.A.C.TWith cars like wrx sti and the evo is the fate of the high end sports car ie ferrari/porsche ect going to change?

FearoftheNight

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2003
They are just as fast and real nice at a fraction of the cost. Other than as a status symbol are the high end sports cars pretty much just to look at?

kami333

Diamond Member
Dec 12, 2001
Weren't they always something to look at?

I don't think someone who can afford one is going to be too concerned about money.

Eli

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
No.

It will evolve, but we're not looking at some sort of "anti luxury sports car" revolution here.

Regardless of performance, there is a huge difference between a Subaru and a Ferrari.

MrBond

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2000
Most of the people buying a high end sports car like the Ferrari are buying it not for the speed, but for the dancing horse badge and the status symbol associated with it.

With all due respect to the STI, a subaru that goes really fast is still a Subaru. But a Ferrari is art on four wheels.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
the type of women you get with an evo is a lot different than the type of women you get with a 911

Eli

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: ElFenix
the type of women you get with an evo is a lot different than the type of women you get with a 911
I wouldn't ever want a woman that was more concerned about my car than me anyway. :p

BatmanNate

Lifer
Jul 12, 2000
Last I checked, neither the WRX STI or the EVO wasn't as fast as a Ferrari...and not nearly as classy. I'm not saying it justify's the cost for everyone, obviously not, but the exotics are more than just balls to the wall performance and even more than status, it's about beauty and rarity as well as finesse.

geno

Lifer
Dec 26, 1999

If that's your main concern with a car, then I feel sorry for you :p

Aharami

Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
Originally posted by: Eli
I wouldn't ever want a woman that was more concerned about my car than me anyway. :p

with that mentality you're never gonna get a woman anyways. hehe jk :p

GasX

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
The leather seats alone in a Ferrari are worth more than a Subaru....

Mill

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Funniest thread in a long time. Plus, el fenix is right. It isn't shallow it is the truth.

FearoftheNight

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2003

i don't want sketchy @$$ women like that...cept for maybe 1 nite stands

GasX

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
Originally posted by: FearoftheNight

you don't take your ferrari out to shop for meaningful relationships...

FearoftheNight

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2003
Originally posted by: Mwilding
Originally posted by: FearoftheNight

you don't take your ferrari out to shop for meaningful relationships...

well you don't take ur ferrari out for stds either ;P