XP driver for Intel G3220 cpu's HD graphics?

GunsMadeAmericaFree

Golden Member
Jan 23, 2007
Our PC that we use for our kids' casual gaming died recently, so I decided to replace just about everything in it.

I decided to use the Intel G3220 cpu, since it was about $50, and it was advertised as having built in graphics. Prior to this, I had not realized that Intel was building graphics into its processors, since I come from the AMD side of things, and thought that only they were doing this. (I've purchased about 10 AMD processors over the past decade, this is only my second Intel one)

Anyway, I finished installing Windows XP on the system today, only to find that installing drivers for the motherboard & processor is rather problematic. Yes, Gigabyte shipped one of those driver CD's that has lots and lots of folders with drivers, but it doesn't say which ones you need. Oh, and guess what? There was no motherboard manual - only a tiny sheet of paper. I had to download the motherboard manual, and then the specifics about the various chips were still rather lacking.

The biggest problem I'm having, though, is getting some sort of working video driver for the Intel HD video on this processor.

Intel prominently advertises the "Intel HD graphics" on the side of the cpu box. However, after over 4 hours of searching today, it seems that anyone with XP is reamed. This is evidently the case, despite the fact that almost 1/3 of the Windows users worldwide are still running XP.

I have tried loading XP "Intel HD graphics" drivers that I found various places online, with no luck. 2/3 of my kids games will not launch because they say something about it having a really old video card, or not finding a video card.

Anyone have ideas on where I might be able to find an XP driver for this thing's HD video? Without it, I'm going to have to buy a video card for the system - something I hadn't been planning to do until around the end of the year. Thanks for any help you might be able to offer.

ShintaiDK

Lifer
Apr 22, 2012
Haswell based CPUs only support Windows 7 and up for the IGP.

If I was you I would forget about a dGPU, and instead get a newer Windows version. Support of XP stops in April. Not to mention DirectX9 versions and such of games dissapear fast now. Not to mention overall XP support in itself from 3rd party.

Magic Carpet

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2011
* The Intel® HD Graphics driver for Windows* XP is advocated for
* 4th Generation Intel® Core™ processor graphics (Haswell) embedded designs.
* It is not Plan of Record, and is not validated or supported for traditional
* client designs.

Production Version Release

Microsoft Windows* XP

Driver Revision: 14.56.0.5441

May 20, 2013
You could try this one here.

Last edited:

NTMBK

Lifer
Nov 14, 2011
Windows XP will be unpatched after April, meaning that your kids' PC will become a morass off spyware and trojans over the next year or two. Save yourself the hassle and just put a newer (and better) operating system on it. Plus they'll finally get to experience DirectX 10 and 11!