XML File is Automatically Created when Making Changes to a PDF

Blaaamo

Oct 2, 2012
User is using Windows XP SP3 and Adobe Acrobat Pro 8.0.
She creates a document using another program called Peoplesoft and saves it as a PDF. This happens flawlessly. When she makes changes to the document, usually by inserting a footer and then saves it, an .XML file of the same name is also created and shows up next to the saved PDF. This happens when she creates a pdf from Word or Notepad, so it's not the program that creates the file. This is a new problem. The user has been doing the same thing for years and claims to have changed nothing.She is a very, very delicate user who works for a University. She does not like, nor want change and I fear that by upgrading to the latest version of Adobe Acrobat the way she has done things for years might be affected and I don't want that. I have attached a screenshot of the XML file and PDF folder.

adobe.png

Can anyone help me stop the XML file from being created?

rivan

Diamond Member
Jul 8, 2003
Weird.

Acrobat isn't an editing program, though it does have limited capability to do so. Please explain exactly what she's doing in as much detail as you can (using the touchup tool to type new text / using the "Add Header and Footer" functionality, etc).

What's the content of the XML file it's creating? I suspect you might find answers in it.

Blaaamo

Oct 2, 2012
She is adding a header and footer. That's it. This is what's inside the xml file that is named abramson, n 9-10.xml

<?xml version="1.0"?>
-<objects>-<Data type="3"><FilePath>S:\Learning Assistant Folder\STUDENT SCHEDULES FALL 2012\Fall Schedules 8-27-12\Abramson, N 9-10-12.pdf</FilePath><StandardGroup>1</StandardGroup><IsTagged>0</IsTagged><DetailedInfo/><CheckSum>3702762639583739232</CheckSum><PageId>-1.000000</PageId></Data></objects>