XFX, EVGA, and BFG To Offer GTX260/280 Early Adopters Cashback

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

taltamir

Lifer
Mar 21, 2004
amber... please add in the BFG offer to the first post, seems they are also offer 120$ cash back.
And another 50$ cash back for anyone who buy a second card for SLI today.

Its the amazing service from those three that makes the switch to AMD for 4850 / 4870 so scary... One that I am still not too certain about.

myocardia

Diamond Member
Jun 21, 2003
Originally posted by: AmberClad
Same here. XFX had been annoying me to hell recently with their Alpha Dog artwork and "buxom babe" marketing.

Hey, there's not a thing wrong with buxom babes, Amber. I like them myself.;) That dog does look somewhat retarded though, doesn't he?:D

edit: While OT, this post was mostly made to bump this thread, in case someone missed it, like I did.

AmberClad

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2005
The dog looks like a rabies-afflicted mangy mutt wearing a masquerade ball mask...

As far as the buxom babes thing - fair enough...how's about we plaster some buff-looking guys onto those heatsink shrouds, just to make things even ;).

chizow

Diamond Member
Jun 26, 2001
The dog looks like a rabies-afflicted mangy mutt wearing a masquerade ball mask...

As far as the buxom babes thing - fair enough...how's about we plaster some buff-looking guys onto those heatsink shrouds, just to make things even ;).

What the MSI cyber troll isn't doing it for you? :p

Found out that babe plastered on Sapphire's box and HSF is Jane Nash, the heroine from 3DMark Vantage's first bench. Wouldn't have known if I didn't get a free license from EVGA...apparently Sapphire will go into the flying hydrofoil rocket sled business in the near future.

CP5670

Diamond Member
Jun 24, 2004
Chizow, did you get any printed receipt or packing slip with your card? We bought our cards from the same ebay seller, but I never saw anything in the shipping box (just double checked, as I happen to still have it in a closet). I got several emails from them about various stages of the order, so I was thinking of just printing one of those out and sending that.

Same here. XFX had been annoying me to hell recently with their Alpha Dog artwork and "buxom babe" marketing.

XFX actually has a cool design on their current box and cards, with just a big green GTX logo. EVGA and PNY seem to have gotten it right as well, from just looking at the Newegg pictures. I like these kinds of simple but elegant designs.

airhendrix13

Oct 15, 2006
This is why I will likely go with a GTX 260 over the 4870. Although NV really screwed up, the 3rd party companies really are stepping up to make everything a smooth, fair process. The 4870 provides a little more performance over the 260, but service like this over shadows this.

Zap

Elite Member
Oct 13, 1999

It's been done. However, the buff guys are usually wearing armor. As we all know a buxom babe with a bikini is in the same armor class as a guy wearing a flak jacket and kevlar helmet. ;)

I just wanted to point out to anyone who wonders, "Does EVGA feel bad for overcharging consumers?" (in that locked thread) probably... no. If you feel that $650 for a video card is too high, then don't buy it. If you bought one at that price, then it must have been worth it to you and thus was not overcharged. That's the magic of a free economy... at least as I learned it in California public schools.