XFX Double D Radeon R9 270X dead?

JeJaRala

Feb 18, 2016
hi, you guy's think my card is dead?
i have tried installing new drives to see if the card works, using ddu to clean old drivers and just got drivers crash and recover ,my last resourse was a clean installation of Windows and before install the drivers got a black screen and cant install the drivers. even the basic windows drivers got black screen.

before try that when my card was working i have only random gray screen when a play bf4, bf hardline i just reset the pc and work again ,my card never got overheating max temp was like 65c on full load 30c on idle room temperature are like 23c and i never do overclock to the vga. the last simptom's was screen flicker got artifacs on desktop using firefox an the pc was freeze,never got artifacs playing just the random gray screen,
i was playing blade and soul, when i try play bf4 again just got ramdom screen flicker and drivers crash and recovery and that was the last time it work.
so this thing is dead or can repair ?

Last edited:

3DVagabond

Lifer
Aug 10, 2009
Since this happened after cleaning drivers it's most likely that something else is borked. Please list the rest of your components and OS.

JeJaRala

Feb 18, 2016
msi b85i itx
cpu g3258
cpu cooler h100i gtx
ram corsair 8 gb
psu evga 500w 100-W1-0500-KR
hard disk wester digital blue 1tb x2
windows 10 clean installation
that is what i have plug now, im using the integrated card...
, i put and old gt 640 before format just to test the pci and it work .

Last edited:

Killrose

Diamond Member
Oct 26, 1999
I've had quite a few video cards die on me while using them and i'd say its a gonner.

Pre-heat that oven!! Time to bake it!! ;)

Elixer

Lifer
May 7, 2002
Another way to test is to install another OS, like linux on it, and see if those drivers work. If so, then it points to a windows issue.

XFXSupport

Aug 1, 2014
The GPU could be a goner. Did you try any other video cards? Do you have a ticket at xfxsupport.com yet? i can help get your RMA started.

JeJaRala

Feb 18, 2016
i dont register my card, lost the receipt, i just teardown the card remove all the sticker i invalid the waranty, i dont live on usa i live in mexico , just rma the card from here will cost me like the 15% of what cost me the card.:eek:

the truth i really want to try the oven just by curiosity to see if will work some time before i buy another card.

and yes i test my pc using another card a zotac gt 640 and work fine even without remove the amd drivers .

sorry for the bad english..

JeJaRala

Feb 18, 2016
i just put the card on the oven 390f 8 min let it cool down 40m on the oven with the door closed , im testing the card its working again .:thumbsup:

Killrose

Diamond Member
Oct 26, 1999
i just put the card on the oven 390f 8 min let it cool down 40m on the oven with the door closed , im testing the card its working again .:thumbsup:

Just be aware that it could start having problems within hours or days/weeks. I had a 4850 I baked a total of three times. But I think you put enough heat on it and baking time your first try.