XFX and EVGA

NewYorksFinest

Mar 27, 2014
These card manufacturers are sticking to one Chipset: EVGA with NVIDIA and XFX with Radeon. Do you think they will ever make cards for both Chipsets? Discuss.

I didn't include Sapphire because they might and are thinking of creating NVIDIA cards soon.

n0x1ous

Platinum Member
Sep 9, 2010
Evga will never make radeons because they get first dibs on nvidia chips and they have been very successful being nvidia only. XFX used to sell nvidia and they were considered a great AIB but they had a falling out with Nvidia and from what I can tell the Radeon users don't hold them in much regard these days.

Sapphire will not make nvidia cards. Ever

blastingcap

Diamond Member
Sep 16, 2010
Evga will never make radeons because they get first dibs on nvidia chips and they have been very successful being nvidia only. XFX used to sell nvidia and they were considered a great AIB but they had a falling out with Nvidia and from what I can tell the Radeon users don't hold them in much regard these days.

Sapphire will not make nvidia cards. Ever

Sapphire is part of PC Partner. PC Partner also makes Zotac cards. So the same parent company (PC Partner) makes Sapphire "exclusively" for AMD and Zotac "exclusively" for NV. But at the end of the day both AMD and NV deal with the entity that owns Sapphire.

Btw, Sapphire sells about 40% of all Radeon cards.

Also, the only 2 times I've ever had fan issues were with Sapphire Dual-X coolers. I will never buy another Sapphire Dual-X again if I intend to use it in the long term.

XFX is Pine and used to be NV-exclusive but is now AMD-exclusive. Some of their 7xxx series coolers were awful but they are the only company left in the AMD camp that even offers the option of lifetime warranty on some models. Their R9 280X and 290/290X coolers are back to being competitive. So if someone tells you "XFX sucks," you know that person is overgeneralizing, because they are focused on just a couple of XFX cards in the HD7xxx line. Treat that person's opinion accordingly.

Pandora's Box

Apr 26, 2011
Yup the new XFX R9 Double Dissipation cards are rock solid. The only issue with them is the fan speed is too slow. You have to tweak it, otherwise VRM temps can get a little high.

NewYorksFinest

Mar 27, 2014
Well, I know why EVGA won't make Radeons...

In 2008 and 2012, EVGA wanted to make Radeons, but AMD declined EVGA to make them.

MentalIlness

Platinum Member
Nov 22, 2009
In my opinion, I really wish BFG graphics cards were still being made. I loved BFG. I still have a BFG 7900 GTX OC 512MB card almost new here.

bfg_7900gtx_oc_2.jpg

Shmee

Memory & Storage, Graphics Cards Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 13, 2008
Yes BFG was great!

n0x1ous

Platinum Member
Sep 9, 2010
Sapphire is part of PC Partner. PC Partner also makes Zotac cards. So the same parent company (PC Partner) makes Sapphire "exclusively" for AMD and Zotac "exclusively" for NV. But at the end of the day both AMD and NV deal with the entity that owns Sapphire.

Btw, Sapphire sells about 40% of all Radeon cards.

Also, the only 2 times I've ever had fan issues were with Sapphire Dual-X coolers. I will never buy another Sapphire Dual-X again if I intend to use it in the long term.

XFX is Pine and used to be NV-exclusive but is now AMD-exclusive. Some of their 7xxx series coolers were awful but they are the only company left in the AMD camp that even offers the option of lifetime warranty on some models. Their R9 280X and 290/290X coolers are back to being competitive. So if someone tells you "XFX sucks," you know that person is overgeneralizing, because they are focused on just a couple of XFX cards in the HD7xxx line. Treat that person's opinion accordingly.

Right - I guess I should have clarified that no Nvidia cards will be released under the "Sapphire" name.