XFX 6800XT AGP Brand New... Draw Errors

Thrallen

Aug 9, 2006
I have a Giga-Byte 8SIMLH mobo, 768MB ram, and a 480 watt Thermaltake PSU. The card idles at between 50-60 degrees centegrate, and when I play games, especially for 30 minutes - 40 minutes, it begins having MAJOR drawing errors. I tried the drivers that came w/ the card and the newest drivers from nvidia (currently using) and also tried re-seating it. I have plenty of fans for intake and exhaust, but this card is brand new and never even tried overclocking it, and when I was playing most wanted (at highest levels) it started going crazy with draw errors after a few races. Now I'm stumped.

Thanks for any help.

BassBomb

Diamond Member
Nov 25, 2005
heat problems or DOA ... try to RMA it.. if not go grab a X800XL or X850PRO from ati site for around the same price that would eat that card for breakfast :)

Thrallen

Aug 9, 2006
I would, it would be nice, though, if XFX would be open when they say they should be -_-

Gstanfor

Banned
Oct 19, 1999
It's the brand you bought... return it and buy another brand, any other brand - including pc-chips (video excel) will prove more reliable...

Ike0069

Diamond Member
Apr 28, 2003
Don't bother trying to call them. Just send in an RMA request thru their website.

I had to RMA my 6800GT and never actually spoke with anyone. I filed a request and had a RMA# emailed to me within a few hours. Turn around time for a replacment card was also excellent.