Xeon 775 procs

RampantAndroid

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2004
I'm a little bewildered here...I've found no good guides on Xeons...I'm building a computer t his summer, and I'm looking at either a Core2duo or quad, and I've found Xeons are almost the same pricing....

How do Xeons stack up? Is a Xeon worth taking over a core2duo? My applications I run are gaming, as well as stuff like photoshop, some mild server apps (game servers, apache servers, all temp stuff, nothing dedicated)

Thanks in advance!

RA

The-Noid

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2005
Same stuff different day. You can buy it and spend a bit more to get a longer warranty but that is all you are paying for.

aigomorla

CPU, Cases&Cooling Mod PC Gaming Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
Originally posted by: Yoxxy
Same stuff different day. You can buy it and spend a bit more to get a longer warranty but that is all you are paying for.

he's right, however, your hoping to get a earily production model. Since retail Xeons dont sell as fast as Q6600.

Xeon sells more then Q6600 overall tho, corporate sells intel makes way more consumer sales.

But your just hoping they dropped in a earily quad.

RampantAndroid

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2004
I really don't know what I'm hoping for other than more value for my money, and a processor that better fits my needs...you're telling me the instruction set is the same? No extra functional blocks in the processor...its just a rebranded Core2Duo?! Wow.

aigomorla

CPU, Cases&Cooling Mod PC Gaming Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
Originally posted by: RampantAndroid
I really don't know what I'm hoping for other than more value for my money, and a processor that better fits my needs...you're telling me the instruction set is the same? No extra functional blocks in the processor...its just a rebranded Core2Duo?! Wow.

yup.... but people will say its a higher quality C2D.

Because these are enterprise chips, they have a more strict QOA, then the comsumer Q's and E.

AMD does the same thing. You think a S939 opty is any different from a X2 4400+?